John 20 – Today is Day 20 of the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge. Today read the 20th Chapter of the Gospel of John. #John20 #BGBG2
There are 3 Headers in 31 Verses in the 20th Chapter of John, where the Easter Story continues.
1. The Empty Tomb
Now on the first day of the week, Sunday, Magdalene came to the tomb while it was still dark. So she had to come when it was really early. She saw the stone had been moved.
She told Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, again that name of that disciple not mentioned. Mind you, women had no rights, including eye witness accounts.
The two of them came to the tomb and looked in and saw the linens laying there, but no body of Jesus. Plus the face cloth, was separate and rolled up, said to be folded. Learn more about why Jesus may have folded the burial cloth.
That is when the disciples went away home, for they now believed. However, Mary stayed there crying. That is when two angels appeared to her. One at the head and one at the feet of where Jesus had laid.
The angels asked her why she was crying. Then suddenly Jesus appeared to her. However, she didn’t know it was Jesus. She thought maybe the gardener. Jesus just said …
Mary! That is when she realized it was Him. Jesus had not yet ascended to Heaven. But, told Mary to tell the others that I am ascending to the Father.
2. Jesus among His Disciples
The disciples where in a room, with the doors shut. They were in fear of the Jews. That is when Jesus appeared to them and showed them His scars.
Jesus told them Peace be unto you and breathed on them. That is when the Holy Spirit came upon them.
Doubting Thomas, known as Didymus, came along and wanted physical proof. Jesus allowed Thomas to put his fingers through the nail holes. The Disciples got to see Jesus personally and Jesus said to them …
“Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”John 20:29
That is us today, we were not there when this happened. We couldn’t not see with our own eyes, but we have the Word of God that can help us know.
3. Why This Gospel Was Written
Just two verses in this section, verses 30-31
There were many more signs and miracles that Jesus did, however, not all of them were put in God’s Word, only those signs and miracles that will help you believe That Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Gospel of John Series:
| Introduction |
| John 1 | John 2 | John 3 | John 4 | John 5 |
| John 6 | John 7 | John 8 | John 9 | John 10 |
| John 11 | John 12 | John 13 | John 14 | John 15 |
| John 16 | John 17 | John 18 | John 19 | John 20 |
| John 21 |
Easter, Lent, Resurrection Related Post
- 1 Cross, 3 Nails, 4 Given Church Sign
- 8 Things Jesus Accomplished on the Cross
- A-Z of Easter, The
- Amber Alert: Jesus Christ is Missing
- Arise My Love by Newsong
- Ash Wednesday, Day of Ashes
- Body of Christ
- Breakfast Pizza
- Broken Egg
- CEO Christians Church Sign
- Cracking the Tradition of Hiding Easter Eggs
- Create and Hide Unbreakable Easter Eggs
- Cross Acronym
- Cross of Jesus
- Dogwood Tree
- Dye Eggs with All Natural Ingredients
- Easter Finger Puzzle Printable
- Easter is Canceled
- Easter Lilly’s Can Kill A Cat?
- Easter Monday
- Easter Story Snack Mix Printable
- Easter Sweet Treats Makes Easter Special
- Easter Symbols
- Easter Word Search Printable
- Empty Egg
- Free Easter Printables
- Good Friday
- Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”
- Hiding Easter Eggs
- History of Easter Bonnets
- Holy Monday
- Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday
- Holy Tuesday
- Holy Wednesday
- Hot Cross Buns
- If Jesus Had An Obituary
- Importance of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- It’s Not About the Bunny Church Sign
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable
- Jesus Shows His Scars
- Lazarus Saturday
- Legend of the Sand Dollar Printable
- Let kites soar: A Lenten tradition takes flight
- Life Savers
- Make Easter Eggs Last
- Maundy Thursday
- Meaning Behind Easter Lillies
- No Bones About It – Jesus Is Alive!
- Palm Sunday
- Resurrection Bracelet
- Resurrection Rolls
- Searching for Christ
- Shrove Tuesday
- Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus
- Son of God Movie Review
- Spy Wednesday
- Stay-At-Home Spring Printables for Kids
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- Trail to the Empty Tomb
- Truth About Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
- That Tomb Is Still Empty, Easter Story Told by Two Kids
- Unique Easter Traditions from Around the Globe
- What if the Resurrection Happened Today
- Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?
- Words of Forgiveness by Saving Darkness
- You’ve Been Egged Printable
Tomorrow is the last day of this Gospel of John Challenge. Make sure you subscribe to this blog, so you won’t miss that blog post and any other new blog post to come.
I also an open to having Guest Bloggers!