Jesus Shows His Scars – Jesus shows His Scars, wounds to His disciples to show them He was who He says He is. Those scars are also a reminder of His payment for us. What He did for us on the Cross! #Scars #Easter
Jesus Shows His Scars
Jesus Shows His Scars
“Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.”Jesus Christ said to Thomas (See John 20:27 NASB)
He showed them those wounds or known as scars because they didn’t believe. You can see the story in John 20. See that section below. Of course, this was when Jesus Christ was resurrected. Doubting Thomas wouldn’t believe unless he could see and touch the scars of Jesus.
Just like the song, Scars by I am They, we must be thankful for those scars. Those scars are a reminder of the we were bought with a a price. Jesus paid it all! That is what Easter is about. Jesus dying to save the children of God.
But He was pierced through for our transgressions,Isaiah 53:5
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.
By those scars of Jesus …
- Healed Us
- Sealed Us
- Redeemed Us
- Forgave us
- Bore our punishment
- and much more!
Without those scars, we would have nothing. It was completed, finished! Sin and death has no victory of the saved, born again.
When we go to heaven, we will have a glorified new body. No more pain, sin, scars, etc. However, when we are in heaven, I believe we will still see Jesus with His scars. Those scars will serve as a reminder to all of us what He did.
Jesus among His Disciples
19 So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and *said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side. The disciples then rejoiced when they saw the Lord. 21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and *said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained.”
24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
26 After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus *came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” 27 Then He *said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus *said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”John 20:19-29 NASB
I recommend reading the whole book of John, not just 20th chapter.
Easter Blog Posts
Below is a list of blog posts that relate to Easter. Be sure to check them all out!
- 1 Cross, 3 Nails, 4 Given Church Sign
- 8 Things Jesus Accomplished on the Cross
- A-Z of Easter, The
- Amber Alert: Jesus Christ is Missing
- Arise My Love by Newsong
- Ash Wednesday, Day of Ashes
- Body of Christ
- Breakfast Pizza
- Broken Egg
- CEO Christians Church Sign
- Cracking the Tradition of Hiding Easter Eggs
- Create and Hide Unbreakable Easter Eggs
- Cross Acronym
- Cross of Jesus
- Cross Tree
- Dogwood Tree
- Drive-Thru Easter Egg Hunt
- Dye Eggs with All Natural Ingredients
- Easter celebrations in the era of social distancing
- Easter Egg Trunk Hunt
- Easter Finger Puzzle Printable
- Easter is Canceled
- Easter Lilies Can Kill A Cat?
- Easter Monday
- Easter Story Snack Mix Printable
- Easter Sweet Treats Makes Easter Special
- Easter Symbols
- Easter Trees
- Easter Word Search Printable
- Egg Rolling
- Empty Egg
- Free Easter Printables
- Good Friday
- Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”
- Hiding Easter Eggs
- History of Easter Bonnets
- Holy Monday
- Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday
- Holy Tuesday
- Holy Wednesday
- Hot Cross Buns
- If Jesus Had An Obituary
- Importance of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- It’s Not About the Bunny Church Sign
- Jelly Bean Face Mask
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable
- Jesus Shows His Scars
- Lazarus Saturday
- Legend of the Donkey’s Cross
- Legend of the Sand Dollar Printable
- Legend of the Three Trees
- Let kites soar: A Lenten tradition takes flight
- Life Savers
- Make Easter Eggs Last
- Maundy Thursday
- Meaning Behind Easter Lilies
- No Bones About It – Jesus Is Alive!
- Palm Sunday
- Resurrection Bracelet
- Resurrection Rolls
- Searching for Christ
- Shrove Tuesday
- Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus
- Snoopy & Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Snoopy Easter Face Mask
- Son of God Movie Review
- Spy Wednesday
- Stay-At-Home Spring Printables for Kids
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- That’s My King Dr. S.M. Lockridge
- Trail to the Empty Tomb
- Truth About Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
- That Tomb Is Still Empty, Easter Story Told by Two Kids
- Unique Easter Traditions from Around the Globe
- What if the Resurrection Happened Today
- What’s So Good About Good Friday?
- Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?
- Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Words of Forgiveness by Saving Darkness
- You, Sin, Christ – A Simple Illustration
- You’ve Been Egged Printable
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Meaningful, fun ways to celebrate Earth DayMeaningful, fun ways to celebrate Earth Day - Earth Day is a celebration of the planet that people, plants and animals call home. First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day was established to demonstrate support for environmental protection, and events are held each year on April 22. It is now coordinated… Read more »
- How to show appreciation to the Law Enforcement CommunityHow to show appreciation to the law enforcement community. When private citizens come into contact with law enforcement, that contact is not always made under ideal circumstances. National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.) is January 9th each year! How to show appreciation to the Law Enforcement Community appeared first on… Read more »
- Mother Acronym PrintableMother Acronym - This is my acronym poem for the word Mother. Wishing all the moms out there a Happy Mother's Day! Includes a Free Printable Version! #Mother #MothersDay #Mother #MotherAcronym #MotherAcrostic Mother Acronym Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Mother Acronym Printable ©2004-2021… Read more »
- Popular Graduation TraditionsPopular Graduation Traditions - Before the Graduation party begins it can be fun to reflect on the many traditions associated with graduation ceremonies. #Graduation Popular Graduation Traditions appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Popular Graduation Traditions ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- Adult Autism Awareness DayAdult Autism Awareness Day - An awareness day about autism in adults. #AdultAutism #Autism #AdultAutismAwarenessDay Adult Autism Awareness Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Adult Autism Awareness Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog… Read more »
- LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY - National Day of Prayer 2021 #NationalDayofPrayer #LoveLifeLiberty #Love #Life #Liberty #Prayer LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at LORD pour out Your LOVE,… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
First published April 9, 2019. Last updated or republished April 5, 2021.