Cross of Jesus – The Cross Of Jesus can mean a lot of things. We know of the Cross where Jesus died to save us from our sin. #Cross
Cross of Jesus
After seeing Billy Grahams My Hope for America in Spring of 2014, it got me thinking more about The Cross. So I figured I would make a blog post what the cross is and what it means. (As you can see, it’s 2020, I now comply a list of things in this blog post). Check out his video on The Cross.
We know that the Cross is convicting. It brings conviction when we see. It should make us repent, turn away do a 180.
The Cross is where everything changes including our address. Without the Cross, we would be doomed for hell. But Jesus died on the Cross to save us and give us eternal life. He also will give us a gloried new body.
The Cross is Also powerful. Just think of the power it has. Jesus could have easily came off the Cross, but He endured. He endured more than anyone else ever did on the Cross. The most cruelest form of death at that. He took our sins after all.
“I could never myself believe in God, if it were not for the cross. The only God I believe in is the One Nietzsche ridiculed as ‘God on the cross.’ In the real world of pain, how could one worship a God who was immune to it? I have entered many Buddhist temples in different Asian countries and stood respectfully before the statue of the Buddha, his legs crossed, arms folded, eyes closed, the ghost of a smile playing round his mouth, a remote look on his face, detached from the agonies of the world. But each time after a while I have had to turn away. And in imagination I have turned instead to that lonely, twisted, tortured figure on the cross, nails through hands and feet, back lacerated, limbs wrenched, brow bleeding from thorn-pricks, mouth dry and intolerably thirsty, plunged in Godforsaken darkness. That is the God for me! He laid aside his immunity to pain. He entered our world of flesh and blood, tears and death. He suffered for us. Our sufferings become more manageable in the light of his. There is still a question mark against human suffering, but over it we boldly stamp another mark, the cross that symbolizes divine suffering. ‘The cross of Christ … is God’s only self-justification in such a world” as ours….’ ‘The other gods were strong; but thou wast weak; they rode, but thou didst stumble to a throne; But to our wounds only God’s wounds can speak, And not a god has wounds, but thou alone.”John R.W. StouttTrending
The Cross is offensive. People take offense in the cross. I think that is because it is convicting. It is just like this one giant cross in Caryville, TN. It is offensive to many atheist groups who want this cross down. Get this! This cross is next to an adult store.
The Cross demands sacrifice. We must take up our own cross and follow Him daily. The Cross frees us of us our own self. To not be selfish, we must sacrifice something. It also means giving to others. God gave us His best! His Son! God gave us His All!
You will even see people carrying cross as a way to witness to people.
The Cross is Love. The reason Jesus endured the torment of the Cross is because of Love. Love is what kept Jesus up there. God loved us that much. He sent His own Son to die for us. John 3:16
The Cross is also re-mindful. Whenever we see a Cross, it reminds us of the sacrifice that God did for us. To save us from our sins! Up near Tazwell, TN and Middlesboro, KY there are crosses. This one has a message of Get Right With God.
There is Victory in the Cross. This is where Jesus won the victory over death and sin. Death has no hold over us, those born again. Check out this blog post on 8 things Jesus accomplished on the cross.
Which also reminds me of the song by Passion with David Crowder called My Victory.
A cross meant to kill is my Jesus victoryPassion – My Victory
Check out the movie Last Ounce of Courage
Also, check out the movie Do You Believe.
Check out this blog post from my buddy, Justin Breeden, The Foolishness of the Cross.
We always here a saying, “The Way of the Cross Leads Home”. That is reminder our home is not here on Earth, but in Heaven with Jesus. So the Cross does lead us home.
Oh yea, some people have a fear of the cross, called Staurophobia.
I love it when you see coke displays in the shape of a cross. Usually you see this around Easter.
I have blogged a lot about the Cross over the years of this ministry.
What does the Cross mean to you?
Your comments are welcome! Feel free to share what the Cross means to you.
Easter Blog Posts
Below is a list of blog posts that relate to Easter. Be sure to check them all out!
- 1 Cross, 3 Nails, 4 Given Church Sign
- 8 Things Jesus Accomplished on the Cross
- A-Z of Easter, The
- Amber Alert: Jesus Christ is Missing
- Arise My Love by Newsong
- Ash Wednesday, Day of Ashes
- Body of Christ
- Breakfast Pizza
- Broken Egg
- CEO Christians Church Sign
- Cracking the Tradition of Hiding Easter Eggs
- Create and Hide Unbreakable Easter Eggs
- Cross Acronym
- Cross of Jesus
- Cross Tree
- Dogwood Tree
- Drive-Thru Easter Egg Hunt
- Dye Eggs with All Natural Ingredients
- Easter celebrations in the era of social distancing
- Easter Egg Trunk Hunt
- Easter Finger Puzzle Printable
- Easter is Canceled
- Easter Lilies Can Kill A Cat?
- Easter Monday
- Easter Story Snack Mix Printable
- Easter Sweet Treats Makes Easter Special
- Easter Symbols
- Easter Trees
- Easter Word Search Printable
- Egg Rolling
- Empty Egg
- Free Easter Printables
- Good Friday
- Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”
- Hiding Easter Eggs
- History of Easter Bonnets
- Holy Monday
- Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday
- Holy Tuesday
- Holy Wednesday
- Hot Cross Buns
- If Jesus Had An Obituary
- Importance of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- It’s Not About the Bunny Church Sign
- Jelly Bean Face Mask
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable
- Jesus Shows His Scars
- Lazarus Saturday
- Legend of the Donkey’s Cross
- Legend of the Sand Dollar Printable
- Legend of the Three Trees
- Let kites soar: A Lenten tradition takes flight
- Life Savers
- Make Easter Eggs Last
- Maundy Thursday
- Meaning Behind Easter Lilies
- No Bones About It – Jesus Is Alive!
- Palm Sunday
- Resurrection Bracelet
- Resurrection Rolls
- Searching for Christ
- Shrove Tuesday
- Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus
- Snoopy & Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Snoopy Easter Face Mask
- Son of God Movie Review
- Spy Wednesday
- Stay-At-Home Spring Printables for Kids
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- That’s My King Dr. S.M. Lockridge
- Trail to the Empty Tomb
- Truth About Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
- That Tomb Is Still Empty, Easter Story Told by Two Kids
- Unique Easter Traditions from Around the Globe
- What if the Resurrection Happened Today
- What’s So Good About Good Friday?
- Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?
- Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Words of Forgiveness by Saving Darkness
- You, Sin, Christ – A Simple Illustration
- You’ve Been Egged Printable
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Light of the WorldLight of the World Bible verse meme from Mathew 5. Light of the World appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Light of the World ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God,… Read more »
- Never too lost church signNever too lost church sign from Faith Temple Church is this week’s Church Sign Saturday. #ChurchSign Never too lost church sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Never too lost church sign ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Ant Hill CrossAnt Hill Cross these ants form a cross shape with their any hills and the grass shapes like a crown. #ants Ant Hill Cross appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Ant Hill Cross ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holderSteve Sews Stuff Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holder - Now you can carry your business cards with your pocket tissue holders from Steve Sews Stuff. #BusinessCards Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holder appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- 4th of JulyHappy 4th of July. Maybe you will take this special day to share Jesus with others and be a bold witness or hand out gospel tracts. #4thofJuly #IndepednaceDay #July4 #July4th 4th of July appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 4th of July ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church SignAll Gave Some, Some Gave All is this week’s Church Sign Saturday. Which takes us to Harrogate, TN. All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church Sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church Sign ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
- Why is Independence Day celebrated on July 4th?Why is Independence Day celebrated on July 4th - learn why we celebrate Independence Day on the Fourth of July. It was almost celebrated on another day. Why is Independence Day celebrated on July 4th? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Why is Independence Day… Read more »
- Festive facts for July 4thFestive facts for July 4th - The following are some interesting details about the origins of Independence Day and the celebrations that surround it. Festive facts for July 4th appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Festive facts for July 4th ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
- Fourth of July Poem/AcronymSteve Patterson wrote a Christian poem/acronym for "Fourth of July" (4th of July) - Independence Day comes & everyday we owe God the thanks for our freedom. Includes a Free downloadable and printable version! #Fourth #July #4thofJuly Fourth of July Poem/Acronym appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full… Read more »
- 4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable - Here is a fun free finger puzzle printable for Independence Day (4th of July). #4thofJuly #IndependenceDay 4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
First published April 10, 2020. Last updated or republished March 31, 2021.