Egg Rolling a tradition to roll eggs on Easter Monday. (The Day After Easter). Also Called Easter Egg Roll. #EggRolling
What is the point of rolling an Easter Egg?
Egg Rolling, or an Easter Egg Roll is a traditional game played with eggs at Easter. Every nation or culture does their own thing with it.
The White House usually offers this for children under 13 on the South Lawn. Here The Egg Roll is a race, where children push an egg through the grass with a long-handled spoon. Where the first Easter Egg Roll occured on April 22, 1878 after President Rutherford B. Hayes agreed to open the White House grounds on Easter Monday to children. (Learn more about the history of this event at the White House.)
However with the COVID-19 pandemic, Melania Trump announces cancellation of White House Easter Egg Roll for 2020.
The health and safety of all Americans must be the first priority, especially right now, I deeply regret this cancellation, but we need to make difficult decisions in the short-term to ensure a healthy country for the long-term.Melania Trump
The rolling of the eggs down the hill symbolizes the rolling away of the stones on Christ’s tomb associated with his resurrection.
Learn the truth about Easter Eggs!
Anyone have experience with rolling Easter Eggs?
Feel free to share about the experience and/or thoughts about rolling eggs to symbolize the rolling of the stone from the tomb. Your comments are welcome.
Easter, Lent, Resurrection Related Post
- 1 Cross, 3 Nails, 4 Given Church Sign
- 8 Things Jesus Accomplished on the Cross
- A-Z of Easter, The
- Amber Alert: Jesus Christ is Missing
- Arise My Love by Newsong
- Ash Wednesday, Day of Ashes
- Body of Christ
- Breakfast Pizza
- Broken Egg
- CEO Christians Church Sign
- Cracking the Tradition of Hiding Easter Eggs
- Create and Hide Unbreakable Easter Eggs
- Cross Acronym
- Cross of Jesus
- Dogwood Tree
- Dye Eggs with All Natural Ingredients
- Easter Finger Puzzle Printable
- Easter is Canceled
- Easter Lilly’s Can Kill A Cat?
- Easter Monday
- Easter Story Snack Mix Printable
- Easter Sweet Treats Makes Easter Special
- Easter Symbols
- Easter Word Search Printable
- Empty Egg
- Free Easter Printables
- Good Friday
- Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”
- Hiding Easter Eggs
- History of Easter Bonnets
- Holy Monday
- Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday
- Holy Tuesday
- Holy Wednesday
- Hot Cross Buns
- If Jesus Had An Obituary
- Importance of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- It’s Not About the Bunny Church Sign
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable
- Jesus Shows His Scars
- Lazarus Saturday
- Legend of the Sand Dollar Printable
- Let kites soar: A Lenten tradition takes flight
- Life Savers
- Make Easter Eggs Last
- Maundy Thursday
- Meaning Behind Easter Lillies
- No Bones About It – Jesus Is Alive!
- Palm Sunday
- Resurrection Bracelet
- Resurrection Rolls
- Searching for Christ
- Shrove Tuesday
- Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus
- Son of God Movie Review
- Spy Wednesday
- Stay-At-Home Spring Printables for Kids
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- Trail to the Empty Tomb
- Truth About Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
- That Tomb Is Still Empty, Easter Story Told by Two Kids
- Unique Easter Traditions from Around the Globe
- What if the Resurrection Happened Today
- Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?
- Words of Forgiveness by Saving Darkness
- You’ve Been Egged Printable