If Jesus had an Obituary – We often place an obituary for someone that died … I saw this on a fellow Facebook friend’s wall in 2012. The author is unknown. If you know who wrote this, please let me know so I can give proper credit for this. These points point out points that are found within the Bible. I hope that you find encouragement within these words to help you stay on God’s narrow path.
If Jesus had an Obituary
Before we go to If Jesus had an Obituary lets look at what one is. The first part of the word is latin, Obit meaning death. Obituaries announce the deaths of loved ones since the 18th Century. With some findings showing as early as the 16th century. Including some Obituaries in the 19th century were written in verse format that such as poetry. (Obituaries were not around in the time of Jesus!) Again this is just this unknown authors point of view on what the obituary of Jesus could have read back then. It would not have been in English either!
Jesus Christ, 33, of Nazareth, died Friday on Mount Calvary, also known as Golgotha, the place of the skull. Betrayed by the Apostle Judas, Jesus was crucified by the Romans, by order of the Ruler Pontius Pilate. The causes of death were crucifixion, extreme exhaustion, severe torture, and loss of blood.
Jesus Christ, a descendant of Abraham, was a member of the house of David. He was the Son of the late Joseph, a carpenter of Nazareth, and Mary, His devoted Mother. Jesus was born in a stable in the city of Bethlehem, Judea. He is survived by His mother Mary, His faithful Apostles, numerous disciples, and many other followers.
Jesus was self-educated and spent most of his adult life working as a Carpenter and a Teacher. Jesus also occasionally worked as a Medical Doctor and it is reported that he healed many patients. Up until the time of His death, Jesus was teaching and sharing the Good News, healing the sick, touching the lonely, feeding the hungry, and helping the poor.
Jesus was most noted for telling parables about His Father`s Kingdom and performing miracles, such as feeding over 5,000 people with only five loaves of bread and two fish, and healing a man who was born blind. On the day before His death, He held a Last Supper celebrating the Passover Feast, at which He foretold His death.Trending
The body was quickly buried in a stone grave, which was donated by Joseph of Arimathea, a loyal friend of the family.
By order of Pontius Pilate, a boulder was rolled in front of the tomb. Roman soldiers were put on guard.
In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that everyone try to live as Jesus did. Donations may be sent to anyone in need.The Author is Unknown
Christ Arose from the Dead
The greatest thing of all is Christ arose from the dead three days after his death. He is alive! Check out this blog post of mine No Bones About It — Jesus is Alive! Why did I share this with you? This is a good statement of life of Jesus Christ. So actually we don’t need an obituary for someone who is alive! But this could have been written for his death before Christ was Resurrected.
We are alive in Christ if we truly accept Him as our Lord and Savior, as we, are alive in Him. He gives us eternal life in Heaven.
You can also look at it another way that Jesus Christ did leave his obituary … His whole life is found within the Bible both Old and New Testament.If Jesus had an obituary, this is how it might have read … Click To Tweet
That’s what Easter is all about celebrating the risen Savior. Jesus came was born of a virgin. He died on the cross to save us from our sins. He was buried in a tomb that was sealed. Then three days later He arose from the dead, conquering death and sin.
Easter Blog Posts
Below is a list of blog posts that relate to Easter. Be sure to check them all out!
- 1 Cross, 3 Nails, 4 Given Church Sign
- 8 Things Jesus Accomplished on the Cross
- A-Z of Easter, The
- Amber Alert: Jesus Christ is Missing
- Arise My Love by Newsong
- Ash Wednesday, Day of Ashes
- Body of Christ
- Breakfast Pizza
- Broken Egg
- CEO Christians Church Sign
- Cracking the Tradition of Hiding Easter Eggs
- Create and Hide Unbreakable Easter Eggs
- Cross Acronym
- Cross of Jesus
- Cross Tree
- Dogwood Tree
- Drive-Thru Easter Egg Hunt
- Dye Eggs with All Natural Ingredients
- Easter celebrations in the era of social distancing
- Easter Egg Trunk Hunt
- Easter Finger Puzzle Printable
- Easter is Canceled
- Easter Lilies Can Kill A Cat?
- Easter Monday
- Easter Story Snack Mix Printable
- Easter Sweet Treats Makes Easter Special
- Easter Symbols
- Easter Trees
- Easter Word Search Printable
- Egg Rolling
- Empty Egg
- Free Easter Printables
- Good Friday
- Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”
- Hiding Easter Eggs
- History of Easter Bonnets
- Holy Monday
- Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday
- Holy Tuesday
- Holy Wednesday
- Hot Cross Buns
- If Jesus Had An Obituary
- Importance of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- It’s Not About the Bunny Church Sign
- Jelly Bean Face Mask
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable
- Jesus Shows His Scars
- Lazarus Saturday
- Legend of the Donkey’s Cross
- Legend of the Sand Dollar Printable
- Legend of the Three Trees
- Let kites soar: A Lenten tradition takes flight
- Life Savers
- Make Easter Eggs Last
- Maundy Thursday
- Meaning Behind Easter Lilies
- No Bones About It – Jesus Is Alive!
- Palm Sunday
- Resurrection Bracelet
- Resurrection Rolls
- Searching for Christ
- Shrove Tuesday
- Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus
- Snoopy & Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Snoopy Easter Face Mask
- Son of God Movie Review
- Spy Wednesday
- Stay-At-Home Spring Printables for Kids
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- That’s My King Dr. S.M. Lockridge
- Trail to the Empty Tomb
- Truth About Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
- That Tomb Is Still Empty, Easter Story Told by Two Kids
- Unique Easter Traditions from Around the Globe
- What if the Resurrection Happened Today
- What’s So Good About Good Friday?
- Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?
- Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Words of Forgiveness by Saving Darkness
- You, Sin, Christ – A Simple Illustration
- You’ve Been Egged Printable
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Happy Mother’s DayHappy Mother's Day: A Special greeting for all the moms, Bible verses on "Mother" & a list of all blog entries pertaining to mom. #MothersDay #Moms Happy Mother’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Mother’s Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- The Happy Birthday SongThe Happy Birthday Song - The pinnacle of birthday celebrations, if there's no piñata to break open, is when the birthday cake comes out and party attendees serenade the guest of honor. #HappyBirthdayToYou #Birthday #BirthdaySong The Happy Birthday Song appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- National Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial DayNational Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial Day - A week long day to honor our police officers and a day to remember those peace officers as well. National Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Police Week… Read more »
- Mother’s Day was Invented in KentuckyMother’s Day was Invented in Kentucky #MothersDay Mother’s Day was Invented in Kentucky appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Mother’s Day was Invented in Kentucky ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month – You Can Have a #RealConvo with MeMay is Mental Health Awareness Month.You Can Have a #RealConvo with Me. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is focusing their attention on having a #RealConvo about mental health. They learned through a recent Harris Poll that 89 percent. May is Mental Health Awareness Month – You Can Have a… Read more »
- Can I travel after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?SteveZ MaskZ Can I travel after getting the COVID-19 vaccine? Experts say that those who have been fully vaccinated (receiving both shots for the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or one for the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine) it is likely safe to travel again. #FullyVaccinated #COVID19Vaccine #Travel Can I travel after… Read more »
- Cinco de MayoCinco de Mayo - literally translate as 5th of May. This is a holiday mostly celebrated in Mexico to commemorate the Mexican Army's difficult victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862. #CincodeMayo Cinco de Mayo appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the… Read more »
- The Benefits of HobbiesSteveZ MaskZ The Benefits of Hobbies - Hobbies can benefit people in some interesting ways. Understanding those hidden benefits may compel some people to make more time for their favorite downtime activities. #Hobbies The Benefits of Hobbies appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- Way-FM’s CJ is now Chris on Air1Way-FM's CJ is now Chris on Air1 - Way-FM"s DJ known as CJ has left their radio station and now a part of Air1 as Chris. #WayFM #Air1 #ChrisLusk #CJLusk Way-FM’s CJ is now Chris on Air1 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Way-FM’s CJ… Read more »
- How to prepare for telehealth appointmentsSteveZ MaskZ How to prepare for telehealth appointments - Patients can take steps to ensure their telemedicine sessions with their physicians are as productive as possible. #telehealth #COVID19 How to prepare for telehealth appointments appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- May the LORD be with youMay the LORD be with you! The 4th of May is usually known as Star Wars Day. You'll hear May the Fourth Be with you taking off from the movie May the Force be with you. #maythe4thbewithyou #maythefourth #starwarsday #maytheLordbewithyout #maytheLord May the LORD be with you appeared first on… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
First published April 8, 2012. Last update or republished March 28, 2021.