Sweating Blood Prayer, an earnest prayer that Jesus prayed. When is last time you prayed like Jesus? I mean hard earnest prayer, a prayer where the blood sweat prayer. A hard deep prayer like Jesus did in the Mount of Olives before He was Crucified. He prayed so hard he sweated blood! Don’t just let Easter time remind you of this type of prayer, but let it be in your heart all the time. For this is a deep earnest burden type of prayer.
Sweating Blood Prayer
Have you ever sweated blood praying? This blog post could be some food for thought.
Did you know the term for sweating blood is called, hematohidrosis or hemidrosis or blood sweat. According to WikiPedia it is a rare condition too. So this can show that Jesus prayed so hard he did sweat blood. Usually also usually comes with headaches and abdominal pain. Usually comes on with stress or anxiety.1
Prayer is a communication with Christ and our Father God. That is how we have the personal relationship with God. But have we truly gone to God in prayer like Jesus did right before his Crucifixion? He prayed with so much passion and his whole self that he sweated blood. We have to remember he wasn’t powered by the flesh, like we are. He was perfect. I wonder when we get our new glorified bodies, it suppose to be that like of Christ, if we prayed that hard would we sweat blood. Until then, in our fleshly bodies has anyone ever prayed so hard to the father that they sweated blood like Jesus did.
Luke 22:44 shows us that Jesus sweated blood.
And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
Luke was a doctor. So you would have figured he would have been detailed about blood sweat coming out of Jesus Christ. To get the full story, read Luke 22:39-46.
Jesus knew what awaited Him. He also knew it must be the Father’s Will. He even asked our Heavenly Father to take this cup from Him. Remember during this time, He asked His Disciples to pray so they won’t fall into temptation. When Jesus is finished praying He goes over to His disciples and found them asleep. Jesus knew he was about to take on Him the past sins, current sins and all future sins of the World. What agony to bear. So not only did Jesus shed his blood on Calvary on the Cross, but in Mount of Olives while praying before he was put to death for our sins so we might live. (Part of Maundy Thursday)
Mark Henry gives a good comment on this section. Here is part of what he said, “Every description which the evangelists give of the state of mind in which our Lord entered upon this conflict, proves the tremendous nature of the assault, and the perfect foreknowledge of its terrors possessed by the meek and lowly Jesus. Here are three things not in the other evangelists.” You should check out his full Commentary (like below).2
Are we asleep in our prayers? We are to pray without ceasing. That means a constant communication with our Father and Christ. See 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. Check out Psalm 55:17. Note it starts of saying Evening, Morning and Afternoon, this Psalmist knew that we were to pray constantly. This was written before Christ was born. This includes watching what we say to other people when we are out and about and how we witness to others. Words can show your fruit!
Maybe we don’t sweat blood when we pray because we don’t have the passion when we pray? Perhaps its because we live in the flesh and our flesh is weak and we don’t pray enough because we always fall into temptation. Maybe we fall asleep like the disciples? Matthew 26:41 & Mark 14:38 But we are called to be more Christ-like. Maybe one way we can is love others like Jesus loved others and also sweat blood in prayer like Jesus did.
Nothing Happens Unless or Until We Start!
I encourage you to pray daily, have that constant contact with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
Easter, Lent, Resurrection Related Post
- 1 Cross, 3 Nails, 4 Given Church Sign
- 8 Things Jesus Accomplished on the Cross
- A-Z of Easter, The
- Amber Alert: Jesus Christ is Missing
- Arise My Love by Newsong
- Ash Wednesday, Day of Ashes
- Body of Christ
- Breakfast Pizza
- Broken Egg
- CEO Christians Church Sign
- Cracking the Tradition of Hiding Easter Eggs
- Create and Hide Unbreakable Easter Eggs
- Cross Acronym
- Cross of Jesus
- Cross Tree
- Dogwood Tree
- Dye Eggs with All Natural Ingredients
- Easter Finger Puzzle Printable
- Easter is Canceled
- Easter Lilly’s Can Kill A Cat?
- Easter Monday
- Easter Story Snack Mix Printable
- Easter Sweet Treats Makes Easter Special
- Easter Symbols
- Easter Word Search Printable
- Empty Egg
- Free Easter Printables
- Good Friday
- Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”
- Hiding Easter Eggs
- History of Easter Bonnets
- Holy Monday
- Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday
- Holy Tuesday
- Holy Wednesday
- Hot Cross Buns
- If Jesus Had An Obituary
- Importance of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- It’s Not About the Bunny Church Sign
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable
- Jesus Shows His Scars
- Lazarus Saturday
- Legend of the Donkey’s Cross
- Legend of the Sand Dollar Printable
- Legend of the Three Trees
- Let kites soar: A Lenten tradition takes flight
- Life Savers
- Make Easter Eggs Last
- Maundy Thursday
- Meaning Behind Easter Lillies
- No Bones About It – Jesus Is Alive!
- Palm Sunday
- Resurrection Bracelet
- Resurrection Rolls
- Searching for Christ
- Shrove Tuesday
- Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus
- Son of God Movie Review
- Spy Wednesday
- Stay-At-Home Spring Printables for Kids
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- Trail to the Empty Tomb
- Truth About Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
- That Tomb Is Still Empty, Easter Story Told by Two Kids
- Unique Easter Traditions from Around the Globe
- What if the Resurrection Happened Today
- Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?
- Words of Forgiveness by Saving Darkness
- You’ve Been Egged Printable
Check out these other blog post on Prayer
- Stop, Drop & Pray
- Everyday Life in Prayer
- Writing Prayers
- Just Keep Praying Soon It Will All Be Clear
- Do You Talk To God During Your Commute?
- Talking To Your GPS
- Browse Category “Prayer”
- Search “Prayer”