Truth about the Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs – Did you know that the Easter Bunny and Easter Eggs promoted a
Truth about the Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
Ēostre or Ostara used the bunny and eggs since those were symbols of fertility. Bunnies were known to have huge numbers of litters of baby rabbits in early spring. So she used the rabbit as a symbol of fertility.
Keep reading to find out more about the Truth about the Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
Easter Eggs also called Paschal
Eggs are one of the more recognizable symbols of Easter. For Easter
While Easter eggs may seem like a secular symbol of Easter, their connection to Easter dates back many centuries. CatholicCulture.org notes that the early Christians saw the egg as symbolic of the tomb out of which Christ emerged when he was resurrected. Early Christians even painted Easter eggs, much like parents do with their children today, and even had them blessed and gave them as gifts. Historians believe King Edward I of England, who ruled from 1272 to 1307, dyed boiled eggs and gave them to members of his royal household on Easter.
Check out the Empty Egg being the Empty Tomb in this You’ve Been Egged Printable!
The Easter Bunny, also known as the Easter Hare, came about from German custom. This custom of the Easter Bunny came to American in the
The Easter bunny is very much a secular symbol of the holiday, but one that has become so ingrained with the season that many people ascribe to it a Christian meaning. Pagan celebrations of spring often linked rabbits or hares with the season because of their fertility and ability to bring forth new life. According to the Christian living resource Crosswalk, believers associate the rabbit coming out of its underground home as a symbol of Christ emerging from the tomb.
Easter is for Jesus!
Let’s not take Easter off the Resurrection of Jesus. Jesus is the reason for Easter, we celebrate a Risen Savior! Jesus is first and the center of everything, not pushed aside or put second or last! He is our Savior who died for our sins so we may have eternal life. Easter is all about our Lord and Savior not some bunny, eggs or a false god. It is all about Him! I like the song I serve a risen Savior He’s in the world today. I know that He is living no matter what men may say … He Lives! He Lives!
Did you know Easter Sunday is also called Resurrection Sunday.
Easter, Lent, Resurrection Related Post
- 1 Cross, 3 Nails, 4 Given Church Sign
- Amber Alert: Jesus Christ is Missing
- Arise My Love by Newsong
- Ash Wednesday, Day of Ashes
- Body of Christ
- Breakfast Pizza
- CEO Christians Church Sign
- Cracking the Tradition of Hiding Easter Eggs
- Create and Hide Unbreakable Easter Eggs
- Cross Acronym
- Dogwood Tree
- Dye Eggs with All Natural Ingredients
- Easter is Canceled
- Easter Lilly’s Can Kill A Cat?
- Easter Monday
- Easter Story Snack Mix Printable
- Easter Sweet Treats Makes Easter Special
- Easter Symbols
- Easter Word Search Printable
- Empty Egg
- Free Easter Printables
- Good Friday
- Hiding Easter Eggs
- History of Easter Bonnets
- Holy Monday
- Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday
- Holy Tuesday
- Hot Cross Buns
- If Jesus Had An Obituary
- Importance of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- It’s Not About the Bunny Church Sign
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable
- Jesus Shows His Scars
- Lazarus Saturday
- Legend of the Sand Dollar Printable
- Let kites soar: A Lenten tradition takes flight
- Make Easter Eggs Last
- Maundy Thursday
- Meaning Behind Easter Lillies
- No Bones About It – Jesus Is Alive!
- Palm Sunday
- Resurrection Bracelet
- Resurrection Rolls
- Searching for Christ
- Shrove Tuesday
- Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus
- Son of God Movie Review
- Spy Wednesday
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- Trail to the Empty Tomb
- Truth About Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
- That Tomb Is Still Empty, Easter Story Told by Two Kids
- Unique Easter Traditions from around the Globe
- What if the Resurrection Happened Today
- Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?
- Words of Forgiveness by Saving Darkness
- You’ve Been Egged Printable
Some info compliments of Metro Creative.
First published April 14, 2014. Last republished or updated March 30, 2020.
A Christian Blogger that enjoys blogging about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Family, Cats, Odd Holidays and much more. I have been blogging since 2004, however, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I enjoy listening to Christian Music. I am married with 1 daughter, 2 step-sons and a step daughter.