Easter is canceled is what we keep hearing because of the Coronavirus COVID-19. Truly we can’t cancel Easter! We can stop the physical gathering for Easter. But we cannot stop Easter from coming. #Easter #EasterCanceled
Easter is Canceled
Christ died for us, why we celebrate Easter. We cannot stop celebrating what Christ has done for us.
Because of the social distancing a.k.a. physical distancing, it’s where we can’t gather together physically. However, we can still gather together in many other ways than physically meeting.
The Pope nor the Catholic Church can say Easter is canceled. Nor can anyone else for that matter. Easter will happen regardless!
Reminds me of the Grinch trying to stop Christmas. We can’t stop Christmas I just comes. The same thing applies to Easter it comes.
I’m thankful for Jesus died for my sins and choosing to save me.
So EASTER IS NOT CANCELED!
Nor can we ever cancel Easter!
We will just have to find another way on how to celebrate it. Who knows, perhaps the shelter in place, social distancing, physical distancing, etc. will be lifted by then but if not … We will still celebrate Easter!
Another reason Easter is not canceled is that we serve a risen Savior. Easter is about the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ who died to save us.
For the Christian, EVERY DAY is Easter!
Because We Serve a Risen Savior!
So Easter is not canceled and will go on. Maybe not in the same manner as we have. Perhaps the social distancing aka physical distancing will be lifted by Easter, which is April 12, 2020.
We can still meet in video messaging, text messaging, phone calls, social media and more, if we cannot meet physically. We still must be the Church no matter what!
Churches may be Empty this Easter … But remember so is the tomb! Everyday is Easter for the believer.
Easter Blog Posts
Below is a list of blog posts that relate to Easter. Be sure to check them all out!
- 1 Cross, 3 Nails, 4 Given Church Sign
- 8 Things Jesus Accomplished on the Cross
- A-Z of Easter, The
- Amber Alert: Jesus Christ is Missing
- Arise My Love by Newsong
- Ash Wednesday, Day of Ashes
- Body of Christ
- Breakfast Pizza
- Broken Egg
- CEO Christians Church Sign
- Cracking the Tradition of Hiding Easter Eggs
- Create and Hide Unbreakable Easter Eggs
- Cross Acronym
- Cross of Jesus
- Cross Tree
- Dogwood Tree
- Drive-Thru Easter Egg Hunt
- Dye Eggs with All Natural Ingredients
- Easter celebrations in the era of social distancing
- Easter Egg Trunk Hunt
- Easter Finger Puzzle Printable
- Easter is Canceled
- Easter Lilies Can Kill A Cat?
- Easter Monday
- Easter Story Snack Mix Printable
- Easter Sweet Treats Makes Easter Special
- Easter Symbols
- Easter Trees
- Easter Word Search Printable
- Egg Rolling
- Empty Egg
- Free Easter Printables
- Good Friday
- Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”
- Hiding Easter Eggs
- History of Easter Bonnets
- Holy Monday
- Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday
- Holy Tuesday
- Holy Wednesday
- Hot Cross Buns
- If Jesus Had An Obituary
- Importance of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- It’s Not About the Bunny Church Sign
- Jelly Bean Face Mask
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable
- Jesus Shows His Scars
- Lazarus Saturday
- Legend of the Donkey’s Cross
- Legend of the Sand Dollar Printable
- Legend of the Three Trees
- Let kites soar: A Lenten tradition takes flight
- Life Savers
- Make Easter Eggs Last
- Maundy Thursday
- Meaning Behind Easter Lilies
- No Bones About It – Jesus Is Alive!
- Palm Sunday
- Resurrection Bracelet
- Resurrection Rolls
- Searching for Christ
- Shrove Tuesday
- Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus
- Snoopy & Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Snoopy Easter Face Mask
- Son of God Movie Review
- Spy Wednesday
- Stay-At-Home Spring Printables for Kids
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- That’s My King Dr. S.M. Lockridge
- Trail to the Empty Tomb
- Truth About Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
- That Tomb Is Still Empty, Easter Story Told by Two Kids
- Unique Easter Traditions from Around the Globe
- What if the Resurrection Happened Today
- What’s So Good About Good Friday?
- Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?
- Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Words of Forgiveness by Saving Darkness
- You, Sin, Christ – A Simple Illustration
- You’ve Been Egged Printable
Church Buildings might be empty on Easter, but so is the grave!
I saw that quote the other day and liked it. I had to share it on this blog post!
I am glad the grave is empty. That means I serve a risen Savior. The other thing is the Church Building doesn’t make up the Church. The people are the Church! So we cannot stop Easter because we are the Church!