Forgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2
What is forgiveness?
If you truly have forgiveness it means that you do not allow that to hold you back or get to you anymore. It means you washed the other person clean of the wrongdoing they have done to you. It also means you forget it. In other words, you let it go! Sometimes we do not forget. To forgive we must deny ourselves and not be selfish.Forgiveness is the F-bomb that we don't hear dropped enough. #Forgiveness (By Ashton on Air-1 #Forgiveness) #Air1 Click To Tweet
Definition of Forgive
Forgive is the root word of forgiveness. According to dictionary.com forgive means …
for·give [fer-giv] verb, for·gave, for·giv·en,for·giv·ing.
verb (used with object)
1. grant pardon for or remission of (an offense, debt, etc.);absolve.
2. give up all claim on account of; remit (a debt, obligation,etc.).
3. grant pardon to (a person).saving
4. cease to feel resentment against: to forgive one’s enemies.
5. cancel an indebtedness or liability of: to forgive the interest owed on a loan.
Christ forgave us
Another good quote like in this graphic I found online from C.S. Lewis. “To Be A Christian Means To Forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.”