Forgiveness it can be easier said then done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive?
What is forgiveness?[pullquote]”‘Forgiveness’ is the F-bomb that we don’t hear dropped enough.”[/pullquote]What is forgiveness? If you truly have forgiveness it means that you do not allow that to hold you back or get to you anymore. It means you washed the other person clean of the wrong doing they have done to you. It also means you forget it. In other words you let it go! Sometimes we do not forget. To forgive we must deny our self and not be selfish.
Definition of Forgive
Forgive is the root word of forgiveness. According to dictionary.com forgive means …
for·give [fer-giv] verb, for·gave, for·giv·en,for·giv·ing.
verb (used with object)
1. grant pardon for or remission of (an offense, debt, etc.);absolve.
2. give up all claim on account of; remit (a debt, obligation,etc.).
3. grant pardon to (a person).saving
4. cease to feel resentment against: to forgive one’s enemies.
5. cancel an indebtedness or liability of: to forgive the interest owed on a loan.
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.