If Jesus had an Obituary – We often place an obituary for someone that died … I saw this on a fellow Facebook friend’s wall in 2012. The author is unknown. If you know who wrote this, please let me know so I can give proper credit for this. These points point out points that are found within the Bible. I hope that you find encouragement within these words to help you stay on God’s narrow path.
If Jesus had an Obituary
Before we go to If Jesus had an Obituary lets look at what one is. The first part of the word is latin, Obit meaning death. Obituaries announce the deaths of loved ones since the 18th Century. With some findings showing as early as the 16th century. Including some Obituaries in the 19th century were written in verse format that such as poetry. (Obituaries were not around in the time of Jesus!) Again this is just this unknown authors point of view on what the obituary of Jesus could have read back then. It would not have been in English either!
Jesus Christ, 33, of Nazareth, died Friday on Mount Calvary, also known as Golgotha, the place of the skull. Betrayed by the Apostle Judas, Jesus was crucified by the Romans, by order of the Ruler Pontius Pilate. The causes of death were crucifixion, extreme exhaustion, severe torture, and loss of blood.
Jesus Christ, a descendant of Abraham, was a member of the house of David. He was the Son of the late Joseph, a carpenter of Nazareth, and Mary, His devoted Mother. Jesus was born in a stable in the city of Bethlehem, Judea. He is survived by His mother Mary, His faithful Apostles, numerous disciples, and many other followers.
Jesus was self-educated and spent most of his adult life working as a Carpenter and a Teacher. Jesus also occasionally worked as a Medical Doctor and it is reported that he healed many patients. Up until the time of His death, Jesus was teaching and sharing the Good News, healing the sick, touching the lonely, feeding the hungry, and helping the poor.
Jesus was most noted for telling parables about His Father`s Kingdom and performing miracles, such as feeding over 5,000 people with only five loaves of bread and two fish, and healing a man who was born blind. On the day before His death, He held a Last Supper celebrating the Passover Feast, at which He foretold His death.Trending
The body was quickly buried in a stone grave, which was donated by Joseph of Arimathea, a loyal friend of the family.
By order of Pontius Pilate, a boulder was rolled in front of the tomb. Roman soldiers were put on guard.
In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that everyone try to live as Jesus did. Donations may be sent to anyone in need.The Author is Unknown
Christ Arose from the Dead
The greatest thing of all is Christ arose from the dead three days after his death. He is alive! Check out this blog post of mine No Bones About It — Jesus is Alive! Why did I share this with you? This is a good statement of life of Jesus Christ. So actually we don’t need an obituary for someone who is alive! But this could have been written for his death before Christ was Resurrected.
We are alive in Christ if we truly accept Him as our Lord and Savior, as we, are alive in Him. He gives us eternal life in Heaven.
You can also look at it another way that Jesus Christ did leave his obituary … His whole life is found within the Bible both Old and New Testament.If Jesus had an obituary, this is how it might have read … Click To Tweet
That’s what Easter is all about celebrating the risen Savior. Jesus came was born of a virgin. He died on the cross to save us from our sins. He was buried in a tomb that was sealed. Then three days later He arose from the dead, conquering death and sin.
Easter Blog Posts
Below is a list of blog posts that relate to Easter. Be sure to check them all out!
- 1 Cross, 3 Nails, 4 Given Church Sign
- 8 Things Jesus Accomplished on the Cross
- A-Z of Easter, The
- Amber Alert: Jesus Christ is Missing
- Arise My Love by Newsong
- Ash Wednesday, Day of Ashes
- Body of Christ
- Breakfast Pizza
- Broken Egg
- CEO Christians Church Sign
- Cracking the Tradition of Hiding Easter Eggs
- Create and Hide Unbreakable Easter Eggs
- Cross Acronym
- Cross of Jesus
- Cross Tree
- Dogwood Tree
- Drive-Thru Easter Egg Hunt
- Dye Eggs with All Natural Ingredients
- Easter celebrations in the era of social distancing
- Easter Egg Trunk Hunt
- Easter Finger Puzzle Printable
- Easter is Canceled
- Easter Lilies Can Kill A Cat?
- Easter Monday
- Easter Story Snack Mix Printable
- Easter Sweet Treats Makes Easter Special
- Easter Symbols
- Easter Trees
- Easter Word Search Printable
- Egg Rolling
- Empty Egg
- Free Easter Printables
- Good Friday
- Happy Easter “Resurrection Day”
- Hiding Easter Eggs
- History of Easter Bonnets
- Holy Monday
- Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday
- Holy Tuesday
- Holy Wednesday
- Hot Cross Buns
- If Jesus Had An Obituary
- Importance of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- It’s Not About the Bunny Church Sign
- Jelly Bean Face Mask
- Jelly Bean Prayer Printable
- Jesus Shows His Scars
- Lazarus Saturday
- Legend of the Donkey’s Cross
- Legend of the Sand Dollar Printable
- Legend of the Three Trees
- Let kites soar: A Lenten tradition takes flight
- Life Savers
- Make Easter Eggs Last
- Maundy Thursday
- Meaning Behind Easter Lilies
- No Bones About It – Jesus Is Alive!
- Palm Sunday
- Resurrection Bracelet
- Resurrection Rolls
- Searching for Christ
- Shrove Tuesday
- Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus
- Snoopy & Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Snoopy Easter Face Mask
- Son of God Movie Review
- Spy Wednesday
- Stay-At-Home Spring Printables for Kids
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- That’s My King Dr. S.M. Lockridge
- Trail to the Empty Tomb
- Truth About Easter Bunny & Easter Eggs
- That Tomb Is Still Empty, Easter Story Told by Two Kids
- Unique Easter Traditions from Around the Globe
- What if the Resurrection Happened Today
- What’s So Good About Good Friday?
- Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?
- Woodstock Easter Face Mask
- Words of Forgiveness by Saving Darkness
- You, Sin, Christ – A Simple Illustration
- You’ve Been Egged Printable
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- If you could ask God one question, what would it be?If you could ask God one question, what would it be? CourageousChristianFather.com If you could ask God one question, what would it be? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at If you could ask God one question, what would it be? ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
- Multiple Codes Chevy Sonic and a possible causeMultiple Codes Chevy Sonic and a possible cause - I’m Not a mechanic just sharing my experiences with my Chevy Sonic. #ChevySonic #Sonic Multiple Codes Chevy Sonic and a possible cause appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Multiple Codes Chevy Sonic and a possible cause… Read more »
- A-Z of BirthdaysA-Z of Birthdays - Here is a list of things from A to Z about birthdays. #Birthday #Birthdays A-Z of Birthdays appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Birthdays ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian… Read more »
- Light of the WorldLight of the World Bible verse meme from Mathew 5. Light of the World appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Light of the World ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God,… Read more »
- Never too lost church signNever too lost church sign from Faith Temple Church is this week’s Church Sign Saturday. #ChurchSign Never too lost church sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Never too lost church sign ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Ant Hill CrossAnt Hill Cross these ants form a cross shape with their any hills and the grass shapes like a crown. #ants Ant Hill Cross appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Ant Hill Cross ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holderSteve Sews Stuff Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holder - Now you can carry your business cards with your pocket tissue holders from Steve Sews Stuff. #BusinessCards Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holder appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- 4th of JulyHappy 4th of July. Maybe you will take this special day to share Jesus with others and be a bold witness or hand out gospel tracts. #4thofJuly #IndepednaceDay #July4 #July4th 4th of July appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 4th of July ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church SignAll Gave Some, Some Gave All is this week’s Church Sign Saturday. Which takes us to Harrogate, TN. All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church Sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church Sign ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
First published April 8, 2012. Last update or republished March 28, 2021.