Proverbs 26 – Today is Day 26, so I am going to focus on Proverbs 26. There are 28 verses in this chapter of Proverbs. We are closing in on the final chapters of Proverbs in this 31 Day Proverb Challenge. #Proverbs26 #BGBG2
Read Proverbs 26.
Proverbs 26, talks a lot about a fool. A fool is an immoral, evil person. I believe just about every verse in the 26th Chapter has something about the fool, in one manner. Yes, the Bible does use the word, fool. It has used it in previous chapters in Proverbs too.
The 26th Proverb, starts off talking about snow in the summer and rain in the harvest. These are not unheard of as they could happen, but they could also lead to damaging effects. I believe it is telling us that a fool doesn’t show honor or if they do, it would be rare like these type of events.
We are not to answer a fool with foolish answers. We must expose there folly so they will understand. If you answer him in a foolish way, you are just like the fool yourself. We are also not to trust the fool either. Trusting a fool will lead to destruction.
A fool doesn’t know how to apply what he knows that is what it means by it being like a person that is lame, a person that is lame is a person that has legs that don’t work.
Proverbs 26 also tells how fools may share proverbs to other people. Most of the ways it says are basically saying they are pointless to have a fool share proverbs.
A fool doesn’t accept correction or punishment. They will continue doing what they know without repentance. This is what it means by when a dog returns to its vomit. We know that dogs usually will go back and eat what they vomited. A foolish person will continue to repeat their mistakes. I say someone that continues and lives in open sin is a fool. They know better, but wont’ take corrective measures to try to sin less. We can’t live in open sin.See Dog Returns to his own vomit.
[pullquote]As a dog returns to his own vomit, So a fool repeats his folly. Proverbs 26:11[/pullquote]
Proverbs 26, also talks about a man believes their way is right, just like a few other Proverbs. But only a foolish man thinks his way his right. He won’t consider that God’s way is the right way. He may think that God really meant this or its okay in certain cases, but God’s Word allows for no compromising. Man’s ways believe you can compromising or accept things based on circumstances. But God’s plan is right there in words plain as day.
Make sure you check out the other Proverbs post.I have already Posted Proverbs 1 to Proverbs 31. That is the complete series of Proverbs, there are 31 chapters and 31 blog post, you can see a link to each chapter below.
Proverbs 26, also talks about a lazy man, only a fool would be lazy. Being lazy brings a lot of things. It can bring poverty, hunger and even death. The lazy man will want others to do things for them, instead of doing for themselves or their family.
It also tells us when we pass someone and see them in a dispute that we are not to join in and meddle in these disputes. Those disputes are suppose to be between those two people to settle. By you intervening, it going to add to the fire you can say. It could make one more upset than the other, plus you don’t know both sides of the story.There is always two sides to the story, you must gather the facts.
Proverbs 26, also tells about joking on neighbors. Again neighbors means those around us, not necessary those who live near us as we are associate with today. So don’t be like a jester and lie to make jokes. These jokes are no fun to be part of. Nor are they good for you or the person you are pranking.
Proverbs 26, also warns us about deceit, lying, anger and much more as well. Only a fool will try to make himself something that he is not. This is deceit and lying. But only a wise person will know the truth.
It talks about digging a pit and falling into it or moving a stone and it rolling onto you. I think this goes back to what ever a man sows, he shall also reap. It is a warning to be careful in what you do. If you do the wrong thing it will cause disaster. If you wish bad onto others, it will back fire and fall onto you instead.I also think when it says when we dig a pit and we will fall into it, that is like we reap what we sow.
A liar will sooner or later make their own ruin. Remember you have to make up tons of lies to cover up for the one lie that you told. Sooner or later you will forget what you said and the truth will sooner or later come out and that will lead to your ruin. Don’t think you can get away with lying. The world may not know, but God does. He knows all and sees all. Think of it like this, we put a chip in your head. It records your thoughts etc for 24 hours. We put it on a big screen and let your church, family, coworkers and everyone you know or came in contact with watch it. Don’t you think that would be embarrassing? That is how God does with us. He sees it all. He also knows the truth too.
What did you get out of the 26th Chapter of Proverbs? What stood out more to you? Did you notice a popular verse? I want to hear from you. Please comment below.
Read more about the Dog returning to his vomit.
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to current date.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- National Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial DayNational Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial Day - A week long day to honor our police officers and a day to remember those peace officers as well. National Police Week & Peace Officers Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Police Week… Read more »
- Mother’s Day was Invented in KentuckyMother’s Day was Invented in Kentucky #MothersDay Mother’s Day was Invented in Kentucky appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Mother’s Day was Invented in Kentucky ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month – You Can Have a #RealConvo with MeMay is Mental Health Awareness Month.You Can Have a #RealConvo with Me. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is focusing their attention on having a #RealConvo about mental health. They learned through a recent Harris Poll that 89 percent. May is Mental Health Awareness Month – You Can Have a… Read more »
- Can I travel after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?SteveZ MaskZ Can I travel after getting the COVID-19 vaccine? Experts say that those who have been fully vaccinated (receiving both shots for the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or one for the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine) it is likely safe to travel again. #FullyVaccinated #COVID19Vaccine #Travel Can I travel after… Read more »
- Cinco de MayoCinco de Mayo - literally translate as 5th of May. This is a holiday mostly celebrated in Mexico to commemorate the Mexican Army's difficult victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862. #CincodeMayo Cinco de Mayo appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the… Read more »
- The Benefits of HobbiesSteveZ MaskZ The Benefits of Hobbies - Hobbies can benefit people in some interesting ways. Understanding those hidden benefits may compel some people to make more time for their favorite downtime activities. #Hobbies The Benefits of Hobbies appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- Way-FM’s CJ is now Chris on Air1Way-FM's CJ is now Chris on Air1 - Way-FM"s DJ known as CJ has left their radio station and now a part of Air1 as Chris. #WayFM #Air1 #ChrisLusk #CJLusk Way-FM’s CJ is now Chris on Air1 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Way-FM’s CJ… Read more »
- How to prepare for telehealth appointmentsSteveZ MaskZ How to prepare for telehealth appointments - Patients can take steps to ensure their telemedicine sessions with their physicians are as productive as possible. #telehealth #COVID19 How to prepare for telehealth appointments appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- May the LORD be with youMay the LORD be with you! The 4th of May is usually known as Star Wars Day. You'll hear May the Fourth Be with you taking off from the movie May the Force be with you. #maythe4thbewithyou #maythefourth #starwarsday #maytheLordbewithyout #maytheLord May the LORD be with you appeared first on… Read more »
- Star Wars DayStar Wars Day - in a galaxy far far away there came a space-themed holiday based on the movie series Star Wars. #StarWars #StarWarsDay MaytheFourth #Maythe4thBeWIthYou Star Wars Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Star Wars Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- National Two Different Colored Shoes DayNational Two Different Colored Shoes Day - Be different! Show that you are different! Raise awareness of human diversity by wearing two different colored shoes on this day. #TwoDifferentColoredShoesDay National Two Different Colored Shoes Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Two Different Colored… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!