Proverbs 26 – Today is Day 26, so I am going to focus on Proverbs 26. There are 28 verses in this chapter of Proverbs. We are closing in on the final chapters of Proverbs in this 31 Day Proverb Challenge. #Proverbs26 #BGBG2
Read Proverbs 26.
Proverbs 26, talks a lot about a fool. A fool is an immoral, evil person. I believe just about every verse in the 26th Chapter has something about the fool, in one manner. Yes, the Bible does use the word, fool. It has used it in previous chapters in Proverbs too.
The 26th Proverb, starts off talking about snow in the summer and rain in the harvest. These are not unheard of as they could happen, but they could also lead to damaging effects. I believe it is telling us that a fool doesn’t show honor or if they do, it would be rare like these type of events.
We are not to answer a fool with foolish answers. We must expose there folly so they will understand. If you answer him in a foolish way, you are just like the fool yourself. We are also not to trust the fool either. Trusting a fool will lead to destruction.
A fool doesn’t know how to apply what he knows that is what it means by it being like a person that is lame, a person that is lame is a person that has legs that don’t work.
Proverbs 26 also tells how fools may share proverbs to other people. Most of the ways it says are basically saying they are pointless to have a fool share proverbs.
A fool doesn’t accept correction or punishment. They will continue doing what they know without repentance. This is what it means by when a dog returns to its vomit. We know that dogs usually will go back and eat what they vomited. A foolish person will continue to repeat their mistakes. I say someone that continues and lives in open sin is a fool. They know better, but wont’ take corrective measures to try to sin less. We can’t live in open sin.See Dog Returns to his own vomit.
[pullquote]As a dog returns to his own vomit, So a fool repeats his folly. Proverbs 26:11[/pullquote]
Proverbs 26, also talks about a man believes their way is right, just like a few other Proverbs. But only a foolish man thinks his way his right. He won’t consider that God’s way is the right way. He may think that God really meant this or its okay in certain cases, but God’s Word allows for no compromising. Man’s ways believe you can compromising or accept things based on circumstances. But God’s plan is right there in words plain as day.
Make sure you check out the other Proverbs post.I have already Posted Proverbs 1 to Proverbs 31. That is the complete series of Proverbs, there are 31 chapters and 31 blog post, you can see a link to each chapter below.
Proverbs 26, also talks about a lazy man, only a fool would be lazy. Being lazy brings a lot of things. It can bring poverty, hunger and even death. The lazy man will want others to do things for them, instead of doing for themselves or their family.
It also tells us when we pass someone and see them in a dispute that we are not to join in and meddle in these disputes. Those disputes are suppose to be between those two people to settle. By you intervening, it going to add to the fire you can say. It could make one more upset than the other, plus you don’t know both sides of the story.There is always two sides to the story, you must gather the facts.
Proverbs 26, also tells about joking on neighbors. Again neighbors means those around us, not necessary those who live near us as we are associate with today. So don’t be like a jester and lie to make jokes. These jokes are no fun to be part of. Nor are they good for you or the person you are pranking.
Proverbs 26, also warns us about deceit, lying, anger and much more as well. Only a fool will try to make himself something that he is not. This is deceit and lying. But only a wise person will know the truth.
It talks about digging a pit and falling into it or moving a stone and it rolling onto you. I think this goes back to what ever a man sows, he shall also reap. It is a warning to be careful in what you do. If you do the wrong thing it will cause disaster. If you wish bad onto others, it will back fire and fall onto you instead.I also think when it says when we dig a pit and we will fall into it, that is like we reap what we sow.
A liar will sooner or later make their own ruin. Remember you have to make up tons of lies to cover up for the one lie that you told. Sooner or later you will forget what you said and the truth will sooner or later come out and that will lead to your ruin. Don’t think you can get away with lying. The world may not know, but God does. He knows all and sees all. Think of it like this, we put a chip in your head. It records your thoughts etc for 24 hours. We put it on a big screen and let your church, family, coworkers and everyone you know or came in contact with watch it. Don’t you think that would be embarrassing? That is how God does with us. He sees it all. He also knows the truth too.
What did you get out of the 26th Chapter of Proverbs? What stood out more to you? Did you notice a popular verse? I want to hear from you. Please comment below.
Read more about the Dog returning to his vomit.
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to current date.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Light of the WorldLight of the World Bible verse meme from Mathew 5. Light of the World appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Light of the World ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God,… Read more »
- Never too lost church signNever too lost church sign from Faith Temple Church is this week’s Church Sign Saturday. #ChurchSign Never too lost church sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Never too lost church sign ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Ant Hill CrossAnt Hill Cross these ants form a cross shape with their any hills and the grass shapes like a crown. #ants Ant Hill Cross appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Ant Hill Cross ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holderSteve Sews Stuff Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holder - Now you can carry your business cards with your pocket tissue holders from Steve Sews Stuff. #BusinessCards Turn your pocket tissue holder into a pocket business card holder appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- 4th of JulyHappy 4th of July. Maybe you will take this special day to share Jesus with others and be a bold witness or hand out gospel tracts. #4thofJuly #IndepednaceDay #July4 #July4th 4th of July appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 4th of July ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church SignAll Gave Some, Some Gave All is this week’s Church Sign Saturday. Which takes us to Harrogate, TN. All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church Sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at All Gave Some, Some Gave All Church Sign ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
- Why is Independence Day celebrated on July 4th?Why is Independence Day celebrated on July 4th - learn why we celebrate Independence Day on the Fourth of July. It was almost celebrated on another day. Why is Independence Day celebrated on July 4th? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Why is Independence Day… Read more »
- Festive facts for July 4thFestive facts for July 4th - The following are some interesting details about the origins of Independence Day and the celebrations that surround it. Festive facts for July 4th appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Festive facts for July 4th ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
- Fourth of July Poem/AcronymSteve Patterson wrote a Christian poem/acronym for "Fourth of July" (4th of July) - Independence Day comes & everyday we owe God the thanks for our freedom. Includes a Free downloadable and printable version! #Fourth #July #4thofJuly Fourth of July Poem/Acronym appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full… Read more »
- 4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable - Here is a fun free finger puzzle printable for Independence Day (4th of July). #4thofJuly #IndependenceDay 4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 4th of July Finger Puzzle Printable ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!