Proverbs 26 – Today is Day 26, so I am going to focus on Proverbs 26. There are 28 verses in this chapter of Proverbs. We are closing in on the final chapters of Proverbs in this 31 Day Proverb Challenge. #Proverbs26 #BGBG2
Read Proverbs 26.
Proverbs 26, talks a lot about a fool. A fool is an immoral, evil person. I believe just about every verse in the 26th Chapter has something about the fool, in one manner. Yes, the Bible does use the word, fool. It has used it in previous chapters in Proverbs too.
The 26th Proverb, starts off talking about snow in the summer and rain in the harvest. These are not unheard of as they could happen, but they could also lead to damaging effects. I believe it is telling us that a fool doesn’t show honor or if they do, it would be rare like these type of events.
We are not to answer a fool with foolish answers. We must expose there folly so they will understand. If you answer him in a foolish way, you are just like the fool yourself. We are also not to trust the fool either. Trusting a fool will lead to destruction.
A fool doesn’t know how to apply what he knows that is what it means by it being like a person that is lame, a person that is lame is a person that has legs that don’t work.
Proverbs 26 also tells how fools may share proverbs to other people. Most of the ways it says are basically saying they are pointless to have a fool share proverbs.
A fool doesn’t accept correction or punishment. They will continue doing what they know without repentance. This is what it means by when a dog returns to its vomit. We know that dogs usually will go back and eat what they vomited. A foolish person will continue to repeat their mistakes. I say someone that continues and lives in open sin is a fool. They know better, but wont’ take corrective measures to try to sin less. We can’t live in open sin.See Dog Returns to his own vomit.
[pullquote]As a dog returns to his own vomit, So a fool repeats his folly. Proverbs 26:11[/pullquote]
Proverbs 26, also talks about a man believes their way is right, just like a few other Proverbs. But only a foolish man thinks his way his right. He won’t consider that God’s way is the right way. He may think that God really meant this or its okay in certain cases, but God’s Word allows for no compromising. Man’s ways believe you can compromising or accept things based on circumstances. But God’s plan is right there in words plain as day.
Make sure you check out the other Proverbs post.I have already Posted Proverbs 1 to Proverbs 31. That is the complete series of Proverbs, there are 31 chapters and 31 blog post, you can see a link to each chapter below.
Proverbs 26, also talks about a lazy man, only a fool would be lazy. Being lazy brings a lot of things. It can bring poverty, hunger and even death. The lazy man will want others to do things for them, instead of doing for themselves or their family.
It also tells us when we pass someone and see them in a dispute that we are not to join in and meddle in these disputes. Those disputes are suppose to be between those two people to settle. By you intervening, it going to add to the fire you can say. It could make one more upset than the other, plus you don’t know both sides of the story.There is always two sides to the story, you must gather the facts.
Proverbs 26, also tells about joking on neighbors. Again neighbors means those around us, not necessary those who live near us as we are associate with today. So don’t be like a jester and lie to make jokes. These jokes are no fun to be part of. Nor are they good for you or the person you are pranking.
Proverbs 26, also warns us about deceit, lying, anger and much more as well. Only a fool will try to make himself something that he is not. This is deceit and lying. But only a wise person will know the truth.
It talks about digging a pit and falling into it or moving a stone and it rolling onto you. I think this goes back to what ever a man sows, he shall also reap. It is a warning to be careful in what you do. If you do the wrong thing it will cause disaster. If you wish bad onto others, it will back fire and fall onto you instead.I also think when it says when we dig a pit and we will fall into it, that is like we reap what we sow.
A liar will sooner or later make their own ruin. Remember you have to make up tons of lies to cover up for the one lie that you told. Sooner or later you will forget what you said and the truth will sooner or later come out and that will lead to your ruin. Don’t think you can get away with lying. The world may not know, but God does. He knows all and sees all. Think of it like this, we put a chip in your head. It records your thoughts etc for 24 hours. We put it on a big screen and let your church, family, coworkers and everyone you know or came in contact with watch it. Don’t you think that would be embarrassing? That is how God does with us. He sees it all. He also knows the truth too.
What did you get out of the 26th Chapter of Proverbs? What stood out more to you? Did you notice a popular verse? I want to hear from you. Please comment below.
Read more about the Dog returning to his vomit.
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to current date.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Food bank ideasFood bank ideas - When donating items to food banks maybe also consider these things to go with what you donate. #donation #foodbank Food bank ideas appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Food bank ideas ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Happy ThanksgivingFrom Courageous Christian Father and my family to yours. I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Give God thanks for what you have and what you don't have. #thanksgiving #HappyThanksgiving Happy Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Thanksgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Daily Thanksgiving brings Thanks LivingDaily Thanksgiving brings Thanks Living! When you take time to think, you will find you have a lot to be thankful for. God has blessed us with so much! #Thanksgiving #Thanksliving Daily Thanksgiving brings Thanks Living appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Daily Thanksgiving brings… Read more »
- Thanksgiving Blog PostThanksgiving Blog Post - Below are Thanksgiving Day Blog post that can be found on Courageous Christian Father. Celebrate this day of Thanks Living by checking out these Thanksgiving related blog post. #Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Blog Post appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Thanksgiving Blog Post… Read more »
- Thanksgiving Day Quiz PrintableThanksgiving Day Quiz, test your Thanksgiving Day knowledge. Only 8 questions to answer too! There is also a free printable version too! Including an answer sheet. #Thanksgiving #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingQuiz #ThanksgivingDayQuiz Thanksgiving Day Quiz Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Thanksgiving Day Quiz Printable ©2004-2021… Read more »
- Good Grief DayGood Grief Day - “Good Grief!” is a phrase often used by Charlie Brown, the main character from Charles Schulz's comic strip, Peanuts. #GoodGriefDay Good Grief Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Good Grief Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- A Thanksgiving PoemA Thanksgiving Poem is written by myself, Steve Patterson. This is done like an acronym acrostic type poem. Plus a free printable version to download and print! #Thanksgiving #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingPoem A Thanksgiving Poem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A Thanksgiving Poem ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- FriendsgivingGiving of thanks with friends, Thanksgiving with friends. #friendsgiving #thanksgiving Friendsgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Friendsgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian Movies,… Read more »
- Heaven’s Most Wanted List Church SignHeaven’s Most Wanted List Church Sign - Is this week's Church Sign Saturday which takes us to Barbourville, KY to Roadside Baptist Church. #Barbourville #BarbourilleKY #ChurchSign #ChurchSigns Heaven’s Most Wanted List Church Sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Heaven’s Most Wanted List Church Sign… Read more »
- A-Z of ThanksgivingA-Z of Thanksgiving a list of things Thanksgiving from A to Z. #Thanksgiving A-Z of Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Thanksgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly