Proverbs 23 – As part of the 31 Days of Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there is 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is day 23 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 23. #Proverbs23 #bgbg2
Proverbs 23 include more sayings to the wise. So today read the whole 23rd chapter of Proverbs where there are 35 verses to read.
This Proverbs opens with a type of warning about having a feast with a king. His motives for the feast could be a test, maybe a test to see if you will desire or go for his best.
Proverbs 23 tells you about trying to get rich. It tells us to not get rich by overworking. Telling us earthly riches aren’t worth that extra time at work. We need to give God His time and if we over work how can we give time to Him?
Never try to please your host if they are a miser, which means having an evil eye. If you do sooner or later the true person will come out. The inner person that us. Often guest know the host has to provide food and drinks, but sometimes host might not be sincere in his celebration.
Verses 13-14, Proverbs 23:13-14, tells us to discipline our children so it will prevent death. Death in this case is hell. It also meant bodily dearth so they avoid crazy things that could kill them. It tells us its OK to beat with a rod, meaning strong discipline. This disciple must be done out of love and not dominance. The Bible indicates a corporal type punishment. This punishment was given so kids will have a fear of God, again a reverent type of fear.
13 Do not withhold correction from a child,
For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die.
14 You shall beat him with a rod,
And deliver his soul from hell.
Today in American if you beat your children you could go to jail for child abuse. There is a difference in scolding and abusing. But maybe kids today would behave better if more parents disciples their children, instead of allowing them to do as they please. Plus, the government is getting to where you cannot discipline your children. We wonder why the world is the way it is, lack of discipline. Lack of discipline shows lack of love. We correct those we love. God corrects those He loves, we as parents should do the same! I think those parents sadly one day will watch their child go to hell because they didn’t take the time to love them to prevent t it.
“Don’t envy sinners but always continue to fear the Lord. You will be rewarded for this; your hope will not be disappointed.” – Proverbs 23:17-18
Solomon says if your heart is wise to his son that he, Solomon, will rejoice. Solomon knew that meant he done right and his son was following God.
Do Not Envy Sinners
Do not envy sinners, it may look like on earth that they are getting away with things, but remember they will still have to answer to God at the end. This Proverb let’s us know there is a hereafter, you will either go to Heaven or Hell.
Proverbs 22, goes on about listening to your father and mother as well, one if the 10 Commandments. Honor your father and your mother.
Evil Woman Warnings
It also warns about the harlot or known as a prostitute (which is the evil woman or wicked woman from previous Proverbs), is a deep pit. A deep pit because once you give in it is hard to get out and causes a ripple effect of troubles. She is there only to seduce the unfaithful. Not to mention, she is full of lies and will tell you what you want. She will say what she wants to lure you in. Don’t buy the lies! Her ways leads to death!
This Proverb tells us about not searching for wine or things that cause temptation. These things cause hopelessness. It says these drinks bite like a serpent. It will cause you see strange things, say strange things and perhaps believe strange things. This drink will cause you to want and seek more and more, cause an addiction. Check out 10 Reason’s Christians Shouldn’t Drink.
I would like to hear from you! What did you get out if Proverbs 23? What was your favorite verse or verses from it?
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to a current date.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »
- Twas the Day After Bible School PrintableTwas the Day After Bible School Printable - Here is a free printable about a poem about the day after Vacation Bible School. This talks about the day after Vacation Bible School is done. I also make up a printable version too. #VBS #VacationBibleSchool Twas the Day After Bible School… Read more »
- A-Z of Father’s DayA-Z of Father's Day - An A to Z list of things related to Father's Day and/or being a Dad. #FathersDay A-Z of Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Father’s Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music WorkaroundAlexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround - Get tired of Alexa not dismissing playing music? Here is one workaround. #Alexa #EchoDot Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Happy Memorial DayHappy Memorial Day! Thank you to those men and women who died to protect our freedoms. Plus. Special shoutout to One that shed His blood for our ultimate freedom ... Jesus! #MemorialDay Happy Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Memorial Day ©2004-2021… Read more »
- SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews StuffSteve Sews Stuff SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff - Steve shares stuff he sews such as face masks, zipper clutches, pocket tissue holders and much more. Plus Steve is learning how to quilt and will share that experience too. #Quilt #Sewing SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff… Read more »
- Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaningLeaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning - Have you ever seen coins on a gravestone. I’m talking about pennies nickels dimes and quarters. Have you ever wondered what they meant? Each coin has a significant meaning. Includes FREE printable version! Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning… Read more »
- 3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables - Are three printables great for your youth group, Vacation Bible School and small groups, etc. Try to find the hidden Bible Books of the Bible in a paragraph or two of words. #HiddenBooks #HiddenBooksBible #HiddenBooksoftheBible #FreePrintables 3 Hidden Books of… Read more »
- How Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each otherHow Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each other - Memorial Day and Veterans Day each honor the military, though the two holidays are not the same. This blog post will tell you what those differences are. How Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each other appeared first… Read more »
- The Pledge of AllegianceThe Pledge of Allegiance. One Nation Under God. A patriotic pledge that is often recited during VBS, Boy Scout Meetings, Schools and more. Free Printable version too! The Pledge of Allegiance appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Pledge of Allegiance ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!