Proverbs 23 – As part of the 31 Days of Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there is 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is day 23 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 23. #Proverbs23 #bgbg2
Proverbs 23 include more sayings to the wise. So today read the whole 23rd chapter of Proverbs where there are 35 verses to read.
This Proverbs opens with a type of warning about having a feast with a king. His motives for the feast could be a test, maybe a test to see if you will desire or go for his best.
Proverbs 23 tells you about trying to get rich. It tells us to not get rich by overworking. Telling us earthly riches aren’t worth that extra time at work. We need to give God His time and if we over work how can we give time to Him?
Never try to please your host if they are a miser, which means having an evil eye. If you do sooner or later the true person will come out. The inner person that us. Often guest know the host has to provide food and drinks, but sometimes host might not be sincere in his celebration.
Verses 13-14, Proverbs 23:13-14, tells us to discipline our children so it will prevent death. Death in this case is hell. It also meant bodily dearth so they avoid crazy things that could kill them. It tells us its OK to beat with a rod, meaning strong discipline. This disciple must be done out of love and not dominance. The Bible indicates a corporal type punishment. This punishment was given so kids will have a fear of God, again a reverent type of fear.
13 Do not withhold correction from a child,
For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die.
14 You shall beat him with a rod,
And deliver his soul from hell.
Today in American if you beat your children you could go to jail for child abuse. There is a difference in scolding and abusing. But maybe kids today would behave better if more parents disciples their children, instead of allowing them to do as they please. Plus, the government is getting to where you cannot discipline your children. We wonder why the world is the way it is, lack of discipline. Lack of discipline shows lack of love. We correct those we love. God corrects those He loves, we as parents should do the same! I think those parents sadly one day will watch their child go to hell because they didn’t take the time to love them to prevent t it.
“Don’t envy sinners but always continue to fear the Lord. You will be rewarded for this; your hope will not be disappointed.” – Proverbs 23:17-18
Solomon says if your heart is wise to his son that he, Solomon, will rejoice. Solomon knew that meant he done right and his son was following God.
Do Not Envy Sinners
Do not envy sinners, it may look like on earth that they are getting away with things, but remember they will still have to answer to God at the end. This Proverb let’s us know there is a hereafter, you will either go to Heaven or Hell.
Proverbs 22, goes on about listening to your father and mother as well, one if the 10 Commandments. Honor your father and your mother.
Evil Woman Warnings
It also warns about the harlot or known as a prostitute (which is the evil woman or wicked woman from previous Proverbs), is a deep pit. A deep pit because once you give in it is hard to get out and causes a ripple effect of troubles. She is there only to seduce the unfaithful. Not to mention, she is full of lies and will tell you what you want. She will say what she wants to lure you in. Don’t buy the lies! Her ways leads to death!
This Proverb tells us about not searching for wine or things that cause temptation. These things cause hopelessness. It says these drinks bite like a serpent. It will cause you see strange things, say strange things and perhaps believe strange things. This drink will cause you to want and seek more and more, cause an addiction. Check out 10 Reason’s Christians Shouldn’t Drink.
I would like to hear from you! What did you get out if Proverbs 23? What was your favorite verse or verses from it?
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to a current date.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Penny Gospel – Using a Penny to Share the GospelPenny Gospel - Using a Penny to Share the Gospel. Did you know you can share the gospel using a penny? That's right that one cent coin that people just toss out, you can use to share the gospel with it! #PennyGospel Penny Gospel – Using a Penny to Share… Read more »
- Useful Broken ThingsUseful Broken Things - There are many things that are still useful when broken, we are one of those. God uses broken people! Useful Broken Things appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Useful Broken Things ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- 1,000 WordPress Followers1,000 WordPress Followers #WordPress #Followers #WordPressFollowers 1,000 WordPress Followers appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 1,000 WordPress Followers ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian Movies,… Read more »
- Daughter’s DayDaughter's Day (Amber and Steve) Daughter's Day - a day to honor your daughter. It is very similar to Father's Day and Mother's Day. #DaughtersDay Daughter’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Daughter’s Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Scars in Heaven by Casting CrownsScars in Heaven by Casting Crowns - a great song about brokenness and the only scars in Heaven. #scarsinheaven #cadtingcrowns #heaven #loss #christian #ccm #worship #jesus #theonlyscarsinheaven #handsthatholdyounow #grief Scars in Heaven by Casting Crowns appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Scars in Heaven by… Read more »
- Rate the Plates: Gov. Lee Invites Tennesseans to Pick New License Plate DesignRate the Plates: Gov. Lee Invites Tennesseans to Pick New License Plate Design - here is your chance to vote for the new Tennessee state license plate. #Tennessee #TennesseeLicensePlate Rate the Plates: Gov. Lee Invites Tennesseans to Pick New License Plate Design appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the… Read more »
- Recycle those Taco Bell Sauce PacketsRecycle those Taco Bell Sauce Packets - Yes! You read that right recycling those sauce packets from Taco Bell. #TacoBell #TerraCycle #Recycle Recycle those Taco Bell Sauce Packets appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Recycle those Taco Bell Sauce Packets ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
- Do I have to make a reservation to go to church?Do I have to make a reservation to go to church? Another great question to ask. #church Do I have to make a reservation to go to church? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Do I have to make a reservation to go to church?… Read more »
- Speaking the Truth in LoveSpeaking the Truth in Love Ephesians 4:15 Speaking the Truth in Love appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Speaking the Truth in Love ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly