Proverbs 18 – As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is day 18 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 18. #Proverbs18
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 18. There are 24 verses in this chapter.
This Proverb starts off by talking about a man who isolates himself, who wants to be alone, seeks his own desire. He only wants to do things his way, no other way. He is being selfish. He also shows no cares toward any other person. He obviously doesn’t know to seek God’s way.
A fool will only share what he thinks he should share. This fool won’t use judgement or caution when talking. When you are wicked or evil it will bring dishonor. This dishonor will bring on reproach. Proverbs 18, also talks about talking. A man’s mouth is like deep water. I believe that you need to watch what you say. If you don’t, you will soon find yourself in deep water and hard to get out. Some people may seem like they can give a good talk, when they don’t. Our words can get us in the most trouble. That is why a wise man will control what is said. See the blog post on The Tongue.
Evil and Being Lazy
It is wrong to accept and go along with evil and accept it. It is also wrong to punish the good and just. Not to mention, Proverbs 18, also talks about being lazy. This laziness will not only affect you but those also around you.
I believe is the most popular verse in this Proverb 18 is Proverbs 18:10. See the image or pull quote with this post ..
This verse tells us just how holy and precious the Lord’s name is. LORD is in all caps. That shows the most scared name for God. Verse 10, shows us that God is a strong tower, a refuge or a safe place. It means that we can always go to Him and trust Him. He will deliver to us what is right and what we need. It also tells us the righteous, those who are God’s Children, who do right by God go to Him. They already know that He is the safe place or save haven.
Run To God!
When things go wrong most of us run away from God, but we should be running to God. He is the safe place. He is the one that heals. He is the one that takes care and provides. Not to mention, He will see us through and will not leave us nor forsake us. Even the Psalmist knew this as well, here they used stronghold. See Psalm 9:9-10.
[pullquote]The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. [/pullquote]
Then it goes on saying a rich man believes his money is his strength. This rich person believes they can get any and everything they want by purchasing it. The rich man doesn’t rely on God and is foolish. Often they don’t see cost at things, they will buy what they want.
Good thing is Christ gives us a precious gift for free. I am sad to say that most rich people may not ever know or find this. Matthew 19:24 & Mark 10:25 inform us that it is easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven.
Proverbs 18, also talks about being arrogant or haughty, it brings destruction. On the other hand, if you are humble you bring honor.
It also talks about listening to the matter at hand, get the full story before you say something or make a call on something. The best thing to do is seek God’s advice and not mans advice.
Proverbs 18, also talks a lot about life and a good model on what is acceptable or not.
Finding a wife
This also goes on to talk about a husband finding a wife in verse 22 (Proverbs 18:22). When the man finds a wife, he finds a good thing. This also gives the man favor from God. I believe that is because God created woman as a helpmate for man. When the man finds such a woman, she is that like a gem. A rare gem at that. She is far worth more than any gem out there.
This Proverb ends by letting us know that we often will have a friend that will be closer to us that a brother. Someone that will stick around through thick or then. The one that usually sticks closer to a brother is usually your best friend. Most of the time, we think of them as our brother because we are so close. It is very important to pick your friends wise. Always remember a true friend will bring you closer to God, not away from God!The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. #Proverbs18 Click To Tweet
Check out this Proverbs 17 church sign!
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 18? What verse stood out to you and why?
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to current date.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Adult Autism Awareness DayAdult Autism Awareness Day - An awareness day about autism in adults. #AdultAutism #Autism #AdultAutismAwarenessDay Adult Autism Awareness Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Adult Autism Awareness Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog… Read more »
- LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY - National Day of Prayer 2021 #NationalDayofPrayer #LoveLifeLiberty #Love #Life #Liberty #Prayer LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at LORD pour out Your LOVE,… Read more »
- The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the TitanicThe Rare Titanic Family, The Caldwell's, they were missionaries aboard the Titanic. Hear about their survival aboard the sinking Titanic. #Titanic #Titanic104 #RareTitanicFamily #TitanicMissionaries The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- American Sign Language DayAmerican Sign Language Day also known as ASL Day a day to celebrate American Sign Language (ASL). #ASLDAY American Sign Language Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at American Sign Language Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard TitanicJohn Harper was a baptist pastor & a hero aboard the Titanic, a ship they said wouldn't sink. Find out why he is a hero! #Titanic #Titanic104 #JohnHarper #LastTitanicHero John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at John Harper, Baptist… Read more »
- Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912 - This is the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. One if not the most deadliest maritime accidents in history. An Iceberg took out the ship no one thought could sink. This is a day of remembrance of those who lost their lives… Read more »
- Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 VaccineSteveZ MaskZ Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine - As of April 12, 2021, more than 6.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine have been administered in the U.S. CDC and FDA are reviewing data involving six reported U.S. cases of a… Read more »
- The Hand of GodThe Hand of God - With COIVD-19 it changed having guest or visitors for those needing surgeries or hospitalization. That is when some medical staff got creative using hot water and disposable gloves. #HandofGod #Brazil The Hand of God appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021 - 1-800-Flowers.com has named the sunflower as 2021’s Flower of the Year and the Prayer Plant as Plant of the Year. The Praying Plant is also known as the Maranta. #Sunflower… Read more »
- Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one shot of COVID-19 vaccineSteveZ MaskZ Nearly 80 percent of Pre-K-12 teachers, school staff, and childcare workers received at least their first shot of COVID-19 vaccine by the end of March, according to the CDC’s latest estimates and survey data. Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!