Proverbs 18 – As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is day 18 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 18. #Proverbs18
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 18. There are 24 verses in this chapter.
This Proverb starts off by talking about a man who isolates himself, who wants to be alone, seeks his own desire. He only wants to do things his way, no other way. He is being selfish. He also shows no cares toward any other person. He obviously doesn’t know to seek God’s way.
A fool will only share what he thinks he should share. This fool won’t use judgement or caution when talking. When you are wicked or evil it will bring dishonor. This dishonor will bring on reproach. Proverbs 18, also talks about talking. A man’s mouth is like deep water. I believe that you need to watch what you say. If you don’t, you will soon find yourself in deep water and hard to get out. Some people may seem like they can give a good talk, when they don’t. Our words can get us in the most trouble. That is why a wise man will control what is said. See the blog post on The Tongue.
Evil and Being Lazy
It is wrong to accept and go along with evil and accept it. It is also wrong to punish the good and just. Not to mention, Proverbs 18, also talks about being lazy. This laziness will not only affect you but those also around you.
I believe is the most popular verse in this Proverb 18 is Proverbs 18:10. See the image or pull quote with this post ..
This verse tells us just how holy and precious the Lord’s name is. LORD is in all caps. That shows the most scared name for God. Verse 10, shows us that God is a strong tower, a refuge or a safe place. It means that we can always go to Him and trust Him. He will deliver to us what is right and what we need. It also tells us the righteous, those who are God’s Children, who do right by God go to Him. They already know that He is the safe place or save haven.
Run To God!
When things go wrong most of us run away from God, but we should be running to God. He is the safe place. He is the one that heals. He is the one that takes care and provides. Not to mention, He will see us through and will not leave us nor forsake us. Even the Psalmist knew this as well, here they used stronghold. See Psalm 9:9-10.
[pullquote]The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. [/pullquote]
Then it goes on saying a rich man believes his money is his strength. This rich person believes they can get any and everything they want by purchasing it. The rich man doesn’t rely on God and is foolish. Often they don’t see cost at things, they will buy what they want.
Good thing is Christ gives us a precious gift for free. I am sad to say that most rich people may not ever know or find this. Matthew 19:24 & Mark 10:25 inform us that it is easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven.
Proverbs 18, also talks about being arrogant or haughty, it brings destruction. On the other hand, if you are humble you bring honor.
It also talks about listening to the matter at hand, get the full story before you say something or make a call on something. The best thing to do is seek God’s advice and not mans advice.
Proverbs 18, also talks a lot about life and a good model on what is acceptable or not.
Finding a wife
This also goes on to talk about a husband finding a wife in verse 22 (Proverbs 18:22). When the man finds a wife, he finds a good thing. This also gives the man favor from God. I believe that is because God created woman as a helpmate for man. When the man finds such a woman, she is that like a gem. A rare gem at that. She is far worth more than any gem out there.
This Proverb ends by letting us know that we often will have a friend that will be closer to us that a brother. Someone that will stick around through thick or then. The one that usually sticks closer to a brother is usually your best friend. Most of the time, we think of them as our brother because we are so close. It is very important to pick your friends wise. Always remember a true friend will bring you closer to God, not away from God!The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. #Proverbs18 Click To Tweet
Check out this Proverbs 17 church sign!
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 18? What verse stood out to you and why?
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to current date.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Do not change God’s message church signDo not change God’s message church sign - This church sign from Tusculum Baptist Church in Tusculum, TN. Do not change God’s message church sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Do not change God’s message church sign ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- Piedmont General Store Barn QuiltSteve Sews Stuff Piedmont General Store Barn Quilt - this barn quilt is in the Piedmont Community of Dandridge, TN and features Overall Bill on the quilt block. #OverallBill #BarnQuilt #PiedmontGeneralStore Piedmont General Store Barn Quilt appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison SumacPoison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac #PoisonIvy #PoisonOak #PoisonSumac Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Happy Father’s DayHappy Father's Day! I share about the brief history of this day. I even share some much read Father related blog post. #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #Father #Dad #Daddy Happy Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Father’s Day ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Aluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes coolaluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes cool. When the temperatures rise method can help keep your home cooler. #aluminumfoil #blackoutwindows Aluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes cool appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Aluminum foil… Read more »
- Dad sayingsDad sayings - when certain situations arise … here are some common sayings that dads say. Dadisms #dadisms #dadsayings #dad Dad sayings appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Dad sayings ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner