Proverbs 15 – As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is day 15 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 15.
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 15. There are 33 verses in this chapter.
This Proverb starts off by informing us about words, how our words affect others.
We must talk soft to people, meaning nicely, with words of encouragement. Ones that won’t put someone down. If we talk bad about someone, it will bring nothing but anger. So control your tongue! (Check out The Tongue & Before You Speak – Think)
No matter what comes your way good or evil, we must keep your eyes on Christ. (Check out this Blog Post: Eyes on the Road). Remember when we take our eyes off Christ, we loose focus.
It also talks about listening to your parents, that only a fool will disobey them, as a child, we must take the correction of our parent. Same applies when God correct us. Remember God loves those who He corrects, the same goes for a parent, the only reason they correct their child(ren) is because of love.
If you have a wicked house, you will have trouble, but if you have a righteous house, you have found a good treasure, meaning that house is a good house a house that everyone should have.
If you have knowledge it will show, if you are a fool it will also show.
Being wicked, going against God’s will is an abomination to God. But if you are righteous and following God, He will listen to the prayers of His children.
If you have a cheerful spirit it will make others happy, but a sorrowful heart can lead others to being sad or broken spirit.
This Proverbs also tells us it is better to have a little Fear of God than to have a treasure, or worldly possessions. The worldly possessions will lead to destruction. Those worldly items we cannot take with us and they will be destroyed at the end. Those treasures are nothing compared to God. We were told to lay our treasures in Heaven. (Matthew 6:19-21)
Also if you are angry, it will bring anger to others too. If you are slow to anger it will bring less anger to others. Being slow to anger also is part of controlling your tongue. Don’t back lash right away, take time to reflect and seek out God’s will in what needs to be done. After all God, said, “Vengeance is Mine.” (Romans 12:19 and Deuteronomy 32:35)
This Proverb also talks about being lazy and working as well. Saying it is good to work, but bad to be lazy. They lazy won’t have!
This Proverb also says that a child who listens to their parents will make them glad, but if they don’t they upset them and doesn’t show love toward them by being disobedient. When you honor and obey your parents, that shows you respect and love your parents. When you are disobedient and don’t listen, that shows you do not love them.
When you do good, you walk upright and it is good to seek advice or council from others. If you don’t you may go the wrong way. But the best path to seek is God’s path.
God doesn’t like pride, He will destroy those that are proud. Those who are proud show they are selfish and believe they got where they are on their own and not by God’s Will. Pride comes before the fall. (Proverbs 16:18).
God doesn’t like wicked words, he likes good words, that brings us back to Proverbs 15:1 above graphic and pull quote.
This Proverb also says to not be greedy and try to gain from others by lying or taking bribes. Greed also leads to destruction. Greed is also a selfish act.
A wise person will study the answer before blurting out an answer. They will want to make sure they have given the truth and correct answer. They will want to present the truth.
Again this Proverb shows that God hears the Prayer of His Children. But the wicked He is far from them. That is why it is important to repent and ask God in His Will. In 1 John 1:9 – “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.“
To gain wisdom we must humble go to God with Fear of God. God is the one who gives wisdom. It is done through fear of the LORD, all caps here, the most sacred name for God, Yahweh. Fear again like mentioned in previous chapters of Proverbs, is a reverence toward God.
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 15? What verse stood out to you and why?
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to a current date.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Can I travel after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?SteveZ MaskZ Can I travel after getting the COVID-19 vaccine? Experts say that those who have been fully vaccinated (receiving both shots for the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or one for the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine) it is likely safe to travel again. #FullyVaccinated #COVID19Vaccine #Travel Can I travel after… Read more »
- Cinco de MayoCinco de Mayo - literally translate as 5th of May. This is a holiday mostly celebrated in Mexico to commemorate the Mexican Army's difficult victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862. #CincodeMayo Cinco de Mayo appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the… Read more »
- Way-FM’s CJ is now Chris on Air1Way-FM's CJ is now Chris on Air1 - Way-FM"s DJ known as CJ has left their radio station and now a part of Air1 as Chris. #WayFM #Air1 #ChrisLusk #CJLusk Way-FM’s CJ is now Chris on Air1 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Way-FM’s CJ… Read more »
- How to prepare for telehealth appointmentsSteveZ MaskZ How to prepare for telehealth appointments - Patients can take steps to ensure their telemedicine sessions with their physicians are as productive as possible. #telehealth #COVID19 How to prepare for telehealth appointments appeared first on SteveZ MaskZ. Read more »
- May the LORD be with youMay the LORD be with you! The 4th of May is usually known as Star Wars Day. You'll hear May the Fourth Be with you taking off from the movie May the Force be with you. #maythe4thbewithyou #maythefourth #starwarsday #maytheLordbewithyout #maytheLord May the LORD be with you appeared first on… Read more »
- Star Wars DayStar Wars Day - in a galaxy far far away there came a space-themed holiday based on the movie series Star Wars. #StarWars #StarWarsDay MaytheFourth #Maythe4thBeWIthYou Star Wars Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Star Wars Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- National Two Different Colored Shoes DayNational Two Different Colored Shoes Day - Be different! Show that you are different! Raise awareness of human diversity by wearing two different colored shoes on this day. #TwoDifferentColoredShoesDay National Two Different Colored Shoes Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at National Two Different Colored… Read more »
- World NF Awareness Day & MonthWorld NF Awareness Day & Month - This is an awareness day that hits very close to home as I have Neurofibromatosis (NF). My mother, uncle, and cousins have NF. Some cities are gonna Shine A Light on NF on this day. #EndNF #WorldNFDay #Neurofibromatosis World NF Awareness Day &… Read more »
- Mother’s Day Finger Puzzle PrintableMother's Day Finger Puzzle Printable - Here is a free finger puzzle printable just for Mother's Day! #MothersDay Mother’s Day Finger Puzzle Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Mother’s Day Finger Puzzle Printable ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!