Proverbs 31 – Today is my last day of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. I have taken one chapter per day now for 31 days from the Book of Proverbs. This Book of the Bible has 31 Chapters, so it is easy to read one chapter per day for 31 days.Read Proverbs 31. #Proverbs31 #BGBG2
Today Read the 31st Proverb.
Proverbs 31 is today’s focus. This is one of the most well-known or heard Proverbs there is. There is even a ministry called Proverbs 31 Ministry, click here to read more about that ministry, you can hear them on K-Love and Air1. There are 31 verses in this chapter of Proverbs.
The Bible was created for everyone, Male and Female.
Let me say Proverbs is not just for a man! I have been told by some people that Proverbs are only for men. Wrong! Proverbs is for everyone! Male and female. Look at Proverbs 31. It will tell you men what kind of woman you need, not mention, Women, Proverbs 31, tells you what kind of woman you need to be.
Proverbs 31:1-9 are known as Words of King Lemuel’s Mother and Proverbs 31:10-31 is know as the Virtuous Wife or known as the Virtuous Woman. The Virtuous Wife part of this chapter is what is the most poplar of all the Proverbs or if not close to the most popular.
First lets start off with the first nine verses, the Words of King Lemuel’s Mother. It starts off by saying, “What, my son?”. The word What according to scholars is possibly a Hebrew word meaning to listen up or take heed.
This Proverb warns us about giving into an adulteress woman, strength in verse three (Proverbs 31:3) possibly means an affair that distorted your judgment and ruins your family.
Being in Authority and Strong Drinks
Proverbs 31, also warns about being in authority and having strong drinks. It tells us these strong drinks will distort our judgment. We all at one point or another have authority of someone one or something. Not to mention, it says strong drinks can make you forget the law. This tells us that strong drinks impairs us. Check out 10 Reason’s Why Christians Shouldn’t Drink.
Now we move onto the most popular or well-known part of Proverbs 31, it starts in verse 10 and goes to verse 31. It is said this section is a form of Hebrew acrostic, each verse starting with the successive letter of the Hebrew alphabet because it begins and ends with mention of the woman’s “excellence”. 1
This form of Hebrew acrostic is almost like that of Psalm 119, which is the longest chapter of the Bible.
Virtuous Woman or Virtuous Wife
Everyone can learn and take examples from this Virtuous woman. Also, you men, Proverbs 31, is the ideal lady to seek after. Not to mention, ladies, Proverbs 31 is the ideal standards to live by that you should seek to be like. The English Standard Version (ESV) says Excellence Wife, instead of the Virtuous Wife like in the New King James Version (NKJV). We often also hear it called Virtuous Woman, Nonetheless, virtuous is saying she has valor, or worth. To be virtuous means you have high morals or high standards.
Virtuous Woman is an Excellent Woman
A virtuous woman is an excellent woman. She is a godly woman and she is competent as well. This virtuous woman is also trusting because she also trust in God. She is also hard and rare to find but she is almost more valuable than any type of rubies. Not to mention, if you find one, that is a good find and a treasure from God!
Virtuous Woman does good
This virtuous woman would do good to and for her husband. She would not cause him evil, during her entire life time. She will continue to go good to and for her husband. It says she is skilled in textiles, a form of house-making. In this case it is talking about making clothes for the household.
Virtuous Woman goes out of her way
The Virtuous woman also goes out of her way to make sure the household has fine food too. She also provides the food for the household, including any maidservants they have in their home.
Virtuous Woman has good judgement
It shows she has good judgment and also she knows how to manage money and also help make gain for the household. The virtuous woman also has a long life and even is prosperous. She even gets up at night to take care of things that she needs to for the house too.
Virtuous Woman has a concern for the needy
This virtuous woman also has a concern for the needy, the poor. Along with the clothing she makes she is ready for sudden change in weather, like one day being nice and warm and the next day snowing and cold.
Virtuous Woman helped with standards
The success of a woman also helped with the standards of a man, at the city’s gate. These were usually the center of the town. Her success also helped for her husbands reputation too. When you sat with the elders at the gate, you were a respected member to be able to sit with them.
Virtuous Woman made clothes
Not only as I mentioned above where she made clothes for the household, she also made extra clothes and other linen, maybe curtains, or other household items and she sold them to make extra money for the household.
Virtuous Woman Spoke Wisdom
She also speaks wisdom. This wisdom is a godly wisdom. She knows what to say and not to say. Because godly wisdom will give you the correct words to say and when to say them. This shows the virtuous woman cares deeply for her family. Her children give recognition to her, not to mention, her husband gives her praises. He would say that his wife surpasses them all.
I think we all have heard Proverbs 31:31 a lot. (Verse in a pull quote).
When it speaks of charm here, it speaks of grace or a type of favor. Beauty here is talking about the outward appearance. If you follow my blog than you know that I always say its a heart condition. God is concerned with what is in the heart. He judges us based on our heart. God doesn’t look at us for our appearance as man does.
Fear of the Lord
The end of verse 30, Proverbs 31:30, goes to the main premise of most of all of the Proverbs. The Fear of the Lord. Remember the Fear of the Lord brings wisdom. So men if you find a woman who fears the Lord, you have a keeper! Women you should fear the Lord! The fear is a reverence type of fear. This type of godly fear will also give you wisdom.
But also remember this a woman may have great charm and beauty on the outside, but does she Fear the Lord? Remember I said God looks at us by the inside. The inside is what makes a person. She could have both good looks and charm and still have a fear of God, but because she does have good looks or charm doesn’t make her godly.
Fear of God is a reverence type of fear. A Respect type of fear. That you know that you answer to God and no one else. God is the final authority.
Check out this movie review and trailer called “Virtuous” It is a good faith-based movie.
What is your favorite Bible Verse from Proverbs 31? What stood out to you in this chapter? Your feed back is greatly appreciated.
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
// < ![CDATA[
Republishing to current date along with addition added to original post.
1. Crossway ESV Study Bible, (Page 1189)
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Recycle those Taco Bell Sauce PacketsRecycle those Taco Bell Sauce Packets - Yes! You read that right recycling those sauce packets from Taco Bell. #TacoBell #TerraCycle #Recycle Recycle those Taco Bell Sauce Packets appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Recycle those Taco Bell Sauce Packets ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve… Read more »
- Do I have to make a reservation to go to church?Do I have to make a reservation to go to church? Another great question to ask. #church Do I have to make a reservation to go to church? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Do I have to make a reservation to go to church?… Read more »
- Speaking the Truth in LoveSpeaking the Truth in Love Ephesians 4:15 Speaking the Truth in Love appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Speaking the Truth in Love ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus… Read more »
- A-Z of ThanksgivingA-Z of Thanksgiving a list of things Thanksgiving from A to Z. #Thanksgiving A-Z of Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Thanksgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- A-Z of HalloweenA-Z of Halloween this is a list of things Halloween from A-Z. #halloween A-Z of Halloween appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Halloween ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- Why do we say trick or treatWhy do we say trick or treat - Kids and adults alike cry out "trick or treat" at each house they visit. Many utter this familiar phrase without a second thought and may have no idea how this familiar custom came to be. #halloween #trickortreat #tricksortreats Why do we say… Read more »
- Bring Your Bible to School DayBring Your Bible to School Day - Students, mark your calendar for Bring your Bible to School Day. Tell your friends, family and everyone! Share this blog post so others will know about it too. Do you know that what you bring to school says a lot about you. You… Read more »
- Where were you when the world stop turning that September Day?Where were you when the world stop turning that September day? That day America was attacked by terrorist. 9/11 We will never forget. #PatriotDay #911 #September11 Where were you when the world stop turning that September Day? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Where were… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!