Proverbs 3 As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is Day 3 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 3.
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 3.
In Chapter 3, God is having us know the importance of keeping His Law, His Commandments and having your heart in keeping them. This chapter I believe had a lot of verses that really can stick out to me at least.
Chapter 3, talks about peace, mercy and truth. That we need to keep mercy and truth with us and his laws in our heart. This will help us gain peace. It is important that we keep them in our hearts. That is the most center part of our body and the most important part of our body. Remember God knows us by our heart, not what we look like.
I believe Proverbs 3:5-6 is one of the most used verses in this chapter. It reads as below:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
This Proverbs shows us that we must have total trust in God. Our trust must go deep in our heart. I think the heart is a key factor in this chapter. We are not to understand or try to understand why things happen or that, we just need to know we must trust God in all things. God has a purpose for everything that happens. We might not see it, but there is a reason. Even all the evil that comes about, God has a purpose and something good to soon come of it. If we don’t trust God, and do it our own way or think into it too much, it will only bring disaster, chaos, stress a and more. In proverbs here the word Lean on meant to trust in something.
God knows what is best for us or others around us. What we face may be for our benefit or for the benefit of those around us. God has a plan and purpose for it, we must trust Him and not lean on our own understanding on it.
Fear of God and Everything Belongs to God
Again this chapter goes over Fear of God. It also tells us we must avoid doing evil things. This chapter also shows that we shouldn’t fear anything that can come at house or happen to us for God is with us and He is in control. This type of fear is a fright fear, unlike the Fear of God, which is a reverence type fear. It also goes on to tell us we should do good unto others and we shouldn’t hold back from doing good to others.
This chapter also shows that everything we have belongs to God. That everything we own or have belongs to Him and we must use them to bring Him glory. An example is this laptop that I am writing this blog post on. It belongs to God, he just allowing me to use it to make this blog post that brings Him the glory. The same with this blog ministry, it is His blog ministry, not mine.
The same goes for our first fruits, which could mean our crops, products we produce or even money we make, it belongs to Him too. We should give back to God what He gives to us. Our possessions also include our cars, tablets, computers, cell phones, home, etc. We can use our cars to take people to the stores, church, doctor appointments. etc. The same applies to our communication devices such as our tablets, cell phones and computes. We can use those to benefit the Kingdom of God. Just like I do with this blog ministry. You could share Christ on your social media. The list can go and on with what God has blessed us with that we can use for His benefit.
Do not dislike punishment from God
This chapter also tells us that we must not dislike getting punished by God. That God will punish us for doing wrong. God will correct us. It says the Lord loves who He corrects. So if you feel correction or chastisement from God that shows that He loves you. Just the same as a father to his child. God is our Heavenly Father.
Wisdom and Silver
Wisdom is compared to silver again in this chapter. Like in Chapter 2, we had to seek it like a hidden treasure of silver. This chapter tells us that the wisdom that God gives us is more valuable than that treasure of silver and even more valuable than gold. It even goes on to say that wisdom is more valuable than stones and gems like rubies.
Tree of Life
It goes on says this wisdom is the tree of life. It reminds me of Christ is the tree and we are the branches. (John 15:5) This chapter also goes on to prove creation by God. Showing God had wisdom when He created everything. This tree of life gives us healing from God and also our eternal life.
Do not put off tomorrow
It also shows us to not put off tomorrow what we can do today, verse 28. It also shows that we should not wish evil on anyone. We shouldn’t worry about tomorrow. God has our tomorrow. God is the great provider. We must put our trust totally in Him and Him alone.
A Just God
Verse 34 shows us also that God is a just judge. He will disciple those who do wrong to Him and he will do good to those who follow Him. God does let the rain fall on the just and unjust. But judgement day is coming! He will not let sin go unpunished.
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 3? What verse stood out to you and why?Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. #Proverbs3 Click To Tweet
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republished with a current date.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Biblemobile Jesus TankQuick! To the Biblemobile! Check out this Jesus truck / Jesus tank. #JesusTruck #JesusTank #BibleMobile Biblemobile Jesus Tank appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Biblemobile Jesus Tank ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the… Read more »
- God gave you a fingerprint that no one else has, so you can leave an imprint no one else canGod gave you a fingerprint that no one else has, so you can leave an imprint no one else can. God gave you a fingerprint that no one else has, so you can leave an imprint no one else can appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- Find Your Birth Year using the Number of Books in the BibleFind Your Birth Year using the Number of Books in the Bible - See if you get your birth year buy taking the number of Books in the Bible and doing some math with your age. FREE PRINTABLE! Find Your Birth Year using the Number of Books in the Bible… Read more »
- Bible Gateway Blogger Grid MembersBible Gateway Blogger Grid Members - This is a list of Christian bloggers who belong to this grid. #bgbg2 #christianblog #Christianbloggers Bible Gateway Blogger Grid Members appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Bible Gateway Blogger Grid Members ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- Big Daddy Weave bassist Jay Weaver dies of COVID-19 complicationsBig Daddy Weave bassist Jay Weaver dies of COVID-19 complications #bigdaddyweave #jayweaver Big Daddy Weave bassist Jay Weaver dies of COVID-19 complications appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Big Daddy Weave bassist Jay Weaver dies of COVID-19 complications ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- 2021 year in review2021 year in review - Check out the states and fireworks that Courageous Christian Father had in 2021. 2021 year in review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 2021 year in review ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Happy New Year | Feliz Año Nuevo | Bonne AnnéeHappy New Year | Feliz año nuevo | bonne année - A Happy New Year Greeting from Courageous Christian Father. #2022 #HappyNewYear #NewYearsDay #NewYears Happy New Year | Feliz Año Nuevo | Bonne Année appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy New Year | Feliz… Read more »
- The Anchor A Symbol of HopeThe Anchor A Symbol of Hope - The anchor is a symbol of Hope, strength, security and resilience and the anchor has been said often to also resemble a cross. In this blog post I share about the anchor. #anchor #bgbg2 #hope The Anchor A Symbol of Hope appeared first… Read more »
- 5 Foods that are better spicy5 Foods that are better spicy - I share five foods I think taste better spicy. #Spicy #SpicyFood 5 Foods that are better spicy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 5 Foods that are better spicy ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly