Proverbs 3 As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is Day 3 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 3.
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 3.
In Chapter 3, God is having us know the importance of keeping His Law, His Commandments and having your heart in keeping them. This chapter I believe had a lot of verses that really can stick out to me at least.
Chapter 3, talks about peace, mercy and truth. That we need to keep mercy and truth with us and his laws in our heart. This will help us gain peace. It is important that we keep them in our hearts. That is the most center part of our body and the most important part of our body. Remember God knows us by our heart, not what we look like.
I believe Proverbs 3:5-6 is one of the most used verses in this chapter. It reads as below:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
This Proverbs shows us that we must have total trust in God. Our trust must go deep in our heart. I think the heart is a key factor in this chapter. We are not to understand or try to understand why things happen or that, we just need to know we must trust God in all things. God has a purpose for everything that happens. We might not see it, but there is a reason. Even all the evil that comes about, God has a purpose and something good to soon come of it. If we don’t trust God, and do it our own way or think into it too much, it will only bring disaster, chaos, stress a and more. In proverbs here the word Lean on meant to trust in something.
God knows what is best for us or others around us. What we face may be for our benefit or for the benefit of those around us. God has a plan and purpose for it, we must trust Him and not lean on our own understanding on it.
Fear of God and Everything Belongs to God
Again this chapter goes over Fear of God. It also tells us we must avoid doing evil things. This chapter also shows that we shouldn’t fear anything that can come at house or happen to us for God is with us and He is in control. This type of fear is a fright fear, unlike the Fear of God, which is a reverence type fear. It also goes on to tell us we should do good unto others and we shouldn’t hold back from doing good to others.
This chapter also shows that everything we have belongs to God. That everything we own or have belongs to Him and we must use them to bring Him glory. An example is this laptop that I am writing this blog post on. It belongs to God, he just allowing me to use it to make this blog post that brings Him the glory. The same with this blog ministry, it is His blog ministry, not mine.
The same goes for our first fruits, which could mean our crops, products we produce or even money we make, it belongs to Him too. We should give back to God what He gives to us. Our possessions also include our cars, tablets, computers, cell phones, home, etc. We can use our cars to take people to the stores, church, doctor appointments. etc. The same applies to our communication devices such as our tablets, cell phones and computes. We can use those to benefit the Kingdom of God. Just like I do with this blog ministry. You could share Christ on your social media. The list can go and on with what God has blessed us with that we can use for His benefit.
Do not dislike punishment from God
This chapter also tells us that we must not dislike getting punished by God. That God will punish us for doing wrong. God will correct us. It says the Lord loves who He corrects. So if you feel correction or chastisement from God that shows that He loves you. Just the same as a father to his child. God is our Heavenly Father.
Wisdom and Silver
Wisdom is compared to silver again in this chapter. Like in Chapter 2, we had to seek it like a hidden treasure of silver. This chapter tells us that the wisdom that God gives us is more valuable than that treasure of silver and even more valuable than gold. It even goes on to say that wisdom is more valuable than stones and gems like rubies.
Tree of Life
It goes on says this wisdom is the tree of life. It reminds me of Christ is the tree and we are the branches. (John 15:5) This chapter also goes on to prove creation by God. Showing God had wisdom when He created everything. This tree of life gives us healing from God and also our eternal life.
Do not put off tomorrow
It also shows us to not put off tomorrow what we can do today, verse 28. It also shows that we should not wish evil on anyone. We shouldn’t worry about tomorrow. God has our tomorrow. God is the great provider. We must put our trust totally in Him and Him alone.
A Just God
Verse 34 shows us also that God is a just judge. He will disciple those who do wrong to Him and he will do good to those who follow Him. God does let the rain fall on the just and unjust. But judgement day is coming! He will not let sin go unpunished.
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 3? What verse stood out to you and why?Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. #Proverbs3 Click To Tweet
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republished with a current date.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY - National Day of Prayer 2021 #NationalDayofPrayer #LoveLifeLiberty #Love #Life #Liberty #Prayer LORD pour out Your LOVE, LIFE, and LIBERTY – National Day of Prayer 2021 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at LORD pour out Your LOVE,… Read more »
- The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the TitanicThe Rare Titanic Family, The Caldwell's, they were missionaries aboard the Titanic. Hear about their survival aboard the sinking Titanic. #Titanic #Titanic104 #RareTitanicFamily #TitanicMissionaries The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Caldwell’s, Missionaries, Aboard the Titanic ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- American Sign Language DayAmerican Sign Language Day also known as ASL Day a day to celebrate American Sign Language (ASL). #ASLDAY American Sign Language Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at American Sign Language Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard TitanicJohn Harper was a baptist pastor & a hero aboard the Titanic, a ship they said wouldn't sink. Find out why he is a hero! #Titanic #Titanic104 #JohnHarper #LastTitanicHero John Harper, Baptist Pastor, Hero aboard Titanic appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at John Harper, Baptist… Read more »
- Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912Sinking of the Titanic: Anniversary, 1912 - This is the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. One if not the most deadliest maritime accidents in history. An Iceberg took out the ship no one thought could sink. This is a day of remembrance of those who lost their lives… Read more »
- Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 VaccineSteveZ MaskZ Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine - As of April 12, 2021, more than 6.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine have been administered in the U.S. CDC and FDA are reviewing data involving six reported U.S. cases of a… Read more »
- The Hand of GodThe Hand of God - With COIVD-19 it changed having guest or visitors for those needing surgeries or hospitalization. That is when some medical staff got creative using hot water and disposable gloves. #HandofGod #Brazil The Hand of God appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at… Read more »
- The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021The Sunflower The Flower of the Year and The Praying Plant as the Plant of the Year for 2021 - 1-800-Flowers.com has named the sunflower as 2021’s Flower of the Year and the Prayer Plant as Plant of the Year. The Praying Plant is also known as the Maranta. #Sunflower… Read more »
- Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one shot of COVID-19 vaccineSteveZ MaskZ Nearly 80 percent of Pre-K-12 teachers, school staff, and childcare workers received at least their first shot of COVID-19 vaccine by the end of March, according to the CDC’s latest estimates and survey data. Nearly 80 percent of teachers, school staff, and childcare workers receive at least one… Read more »
- The 6 Panel Door: The Cross & The BibleThe 6 panel door is said to represents two Christian symbols. The Cross & an Open Bible. I share if this is true or not about these Cross & Bible Doors / Christian Doors. The 6 Panel Door: The Cross & The Bible appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!