Proverbs 25 – If you have been following my blog I have been working on 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. If you are a first time visitor, well that is the series of blog entries that I am on. I am taking one chapter of Proverbs per day for 31 days. This works great since there are 31 Chapters in the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs25 #Bgbg2
Today is Day 25, therefore I am focusing on the 25th Chapter of Proverbs, which has 28 verses.
Proverbs 25, is more wise sayings of Solomon. It makes note to say these are Proverbs of Solomon which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied, as verse 1 (Proverbs 25:1). So they give a source and tell us who copied them for us. Also note that Proverbs 25 to Proverbs 29 were copied by King Hezekiah.
It is hard for a person to understand and know God’s understanding. I think because of that people seek Him out and while they do, most people realize He is real and it gives Him glory. Now kings on the other hand are human. Being a human we can reason and understand why or why he doesn’t do anything.
Proverbs 25, seems to be geared toward being a king. One example is says take away the wicked from the kingdom and his kingdom will be righteous. I believe that is because there will be no evil intent, no evil influences etc.
The 25th Proverb also talks about pride and not being prideful in front of the king. I believe this can be applied to our King of Kings, Jesus Christ. We are suppose to instead humble ourselves, not take self promotion.
It also tells us when we approach the king, we don’t go directly up to him, we wait for him to invite us to where he sits. This shows that we are lower than him and have respect for the king.
It also tells us we should try to settle things without going to court and also settle it in private. Don’t make it a public affair, or let everyone know about it. We are in the age of social media, that stuff doesn’t belong on social media about the fights and settlement you are having with your neighbor. Keep that between you and them.
Proverbs 25, also tells us we are not to tell other people when we give. We are to give in secret. Don’t let people know what you gave, that you give etc. Even falsely saying you gave when you didn’t.
You have to be careful of strong persecution of that is what temps us the most, soft and pleasant the words may be, but they will lead to destruction. The Bible says broken bones. Bones on a person are the hardest part of the body. That tells us even the softest of words can break us.
Do you fill yourself with too much of something that seems good? Well the old saying it’s too good to be true could just be right. It says to never give yourself too much of something that seems good. It could cause us trouble later on.
Proverbs 25, also talks about being a false witness or lying about your neighbor. I believe the word neighbor may not mean the person that lives next to you, but it could mean that and also people that are close to your environment. Someone near where you travel, work, play, eat and also live.
If you noticed this Proverb does like to use metaphors to compare to certain situations. It talks about three different types in this Proverb. The liar is untrusting and also the insensitive.
Did you know that if you out vinegar on soda, it makes it foam? Plus this action causes them both to be neutered and making them worthless. Some people believe soda meant a deep wound. If you poured vinegar into it, it wouldn’t help it at all.
Verse 21 through 22 are common verses we have all heard. Proverbs 25:21-22.[pullquote]21 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat;
and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head,
and the Lord shall reward thee.[/pullquote]
As you see in the above verses we are to feed our hungry and also give him something to drink. This means we are suppose to do good to our enemies. When we do good to our enemies it brings shame to our enemies, because it shows that even though they treated us bad, we are still treating them with love and being good to them. Because of this the person will feel maybe an inward burning feeling. That is perhaps why they said the heaps of coals on his head. I don’t believe it means literally, I think this was a figurative Proverb.
Again in verse 24, Proverbs 25:24, it tells us about being on the housetop, then with an angry woman in the house. See my post Proverbs 21.
Proverbs 25, ends talking about having rule over your own spirit. I believe this is meaning you need to control what you see, what you do, hear etc. If you don’t, it will lead to ruin. Meaning to have self-control is very important. A city without walls cannot defend itself, so if you have no self-control, I don’t believe you will be able to defend yourself when it comes to godly things. You must try to avoid temptation and use self-control.
What did you get out of Proverbs 25? What verse stood out to you? Please share your comments!
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to a current date.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- The Adventure Bible For Kids ReviewThe Adventure Bible For Kids Review I got to review this Bible for kids. #Bible #AdventureBible #bgbg2 #BibleGatewayPartner The Adventure Bible For Kids Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Adventure Bible For Kids Review ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »
- Twas the Day After Bible School PrintableTwas the Day After Bible School Printable - Here is a free printable about a poem about the day after Vacation Bible School. This talks about the day after Vacation Bible School is done. I also make up a printable version too. #VBS #VacationBibleSchool Twas the Day After Bible School… Read more »
- A-Z of Father’s DayA-Z of Father's Day - An A to Z list of things related to Father's Day and/or being a Dad. #FathersDay A-Z of Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Father’s Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music WorkaroundAlexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround - Get tired of Alexa not dismissing playing music? Here is one workaround. #Alexa #EchoDot Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Happy Memorial DayHappy Memorial Day! Thank you to those men and women who died to protect our freedoms. Plus. Special shoutout to One that shed His blood for our ultimate freedom ... Jesus! #MemorialDay Happy Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Memorial Day ©2004-2021… Read more »
- SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews StuffSteve Sews Stuff SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff - Steve shares stuff he sews such as face masks, zipper clutches, pocket tissue holders and much more. Plus Steve is learning how to quilt and will share that experience too. #Quilt #Sewing SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff… Read more »
- Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaningLeaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning - Have you ever seen coins on a gravestone. I’m talking about pennies nickels dimes and quarters. Have you ever wondered what they meant? Each coin has a significant meaning. Includes FREE printable version! Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning… Read more »
- 3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables - Are three printables great for your youth group, Vacation Bible School and small groups, etc. Try to find the hidden Bible Books of the Bible in a paragraph or two of words. #HiddenBooks #HiddenBooksBible #HiddenBooksoftheBible #FreePrintables 3 Hidden Books of… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!