Proverbs 25 – If you have been following my blog I have been working on 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. If you are a first time visitor, well that is the series of blog entries that I am on. I am taking one chapter of Proverbs per day for 31 days. This works great since there are 31 Chapters in the Book of Proverbs. #Proverbs25 #Bgbg2
Today is Day 25, therefore I am focusing on the 25th Chapter of Proverbs, which has 28 verses.
Proverbs 25, is more wise sayings of Solomon. It makes note to say these are Proverbs of Solomon which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied, as verse 1 (Proverbs 25:1). So they give a source and tell us who copied them for us. Also note that Proverbs 25 to Proverbs 29 were copied by King Hezekiah.
It is hard for a person to understand and know God’s understanding. I think because of that people seek Him out and while they do, most people realize He is real and it gives Him glory. Now kings on the other hand are human. Being a human we can reason and understand why or why he doesn’t do anything.
Proverbs 25, seems to be geared toward being a king. One example is says take away the wicked from the kingdom and his kingdom will be righteous. I believe that is because there will be no evil intent, no evil influences etc.
The 25th Proverb also talks about pride and not being prideful in front of the king. I believe this can be applied to our King of Kings, Jesus Christ. We are suppose to instead humble ourselves, not take self promotion.
It also tells us when we approach the king, we don’t go directly up to him, we wait for him to invite us to where he sits. This shows that we are lower than him and have respect for the king.
It also tells us we should try to settle things without going to court and also settle it in private. Don’t make it a public affair, or let everyone know about it. We are in the age of social media, that stuff doesn’t belong on social media about the fights and settlement you are having with your neighbor. Keep that between you and them.
Proverbs 25, also tells us we are not to tell other people when we give. We are to give in secret. Don’t let people know what you gave, that you give etc. Even falsely saying you gave when you didn’t.
You have to be careful of strong persecution of that is what temps us the most, soft and pleasant the words may be, but they will lead to destruction. The Bible says broken bones. Bones on a person are the hardest part of the body. That tells us even the softest of words can break us.
Do you fill yourself with too much of something that seems good? Well the old saying it’s too good to be true could just be right. It says to never give yourself too much of something that seems good. It could cause us trouble later on.
Proverbs 25, also talks about being a false witness or lying about your neighbor. I believe the word neighbor may not mean the person that lives next to you, but it could mean that and also people that are close to your environment. Someone near where you travel, work, play, eat and also live.
If you noticed this Proverb does like to use metaphors to compare to certain situations. It talks about three different types in this Proverb. The liar is untrusting and also the insensitive.
Did you know that if you out vinegar on soda, it makes it foam? Plus this action causes them both to be neutered and making them worthless. Some people believe soda meant a deep wound. If you poured vinegar into it, it wouldn’t help it at all.
Verse 21 through 22 are common verses we have all heard. Proverbs 25:21-22.[pullquote]21 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat;
and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head,
and the Lord shall reward thee.[/pullquote]
As you see in the above verses we are to feed our hungry and also give him something to drink. This means we are suppose to do good to our enemies. When we do good to our enemies it brings shame to our enemies, because it shows that even though they treated us bad, we are still treating them with love and being good to them. Because of this the person will feel maybe an inward burning feeling. That is perhaps why they said the heaps of coals on his head. I don’t believe it means literally, I think this was a figurative Proverb.
Again in verse 24, Proverbs 25:24, it tells us about being on the housetop, then with an angry woman in the house. See my post Proverbs 21.
Proverbs 25, ends talking about having rule over your own spirit. I believe this is meaning you need to control what you see, what you do, hear etc. If you don’t, it will lead to ruin. Meaning to have self-control is very important. A city without walls cannot defend itself, so if you have no self-control, I don’t believe you will be able to defend yourself when it comes to godly things. You must try to avoid temptation and use self-control.
What did you get out of Proverbs 25? What verse stood out to you? Please share your comments!
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to a current date.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Find Your Birth Year using the Number of Books in the BibleFind Your Birth Year using the Number of Books in the Bible - See if you get your birth year buy taking the number of Books in the Bible and doing some math with your age. FREE PRINTABLE! Find Your Birth Year using the Number of Books in the Bible… Read more »
- Bible Gateway Blogger Grid MembersBible Gateway Blogger Grid Members - This is a list of Christian bloggers who belong to this grid. #bgbg2 #christianblog #Christianbloggers Bible Gateway Blogger Grid Members appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Bible Gateway Blogger Grid Members ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- Big Daddy Weave bassist Jay Weaver dies of COVID-19 complicationsBig Daddy Weave bassist Jay Weaver dies of COVID-19 complications #bigdaddyweave #jayweaver Big Daddy Weave bassist Jay Weaver dies of COVID-19 complications appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Big Daddy Weave bassist Jay Weaver dies of COVID-19 complications ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- 2021 year in review2021 year in review - Check out the states and fireworks that Courageous Christian Father had in 2021. 2021 year in review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 2021 year in review ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Happy New Year | Feliz Año Nuevo | Bonne AnnéeHappy New Year | Feliz año nuevo | bonne année - A Happy New Year Greeting from Courageous Christian Father. #2022 #HappyNewYear #NewYearsDay #NewYears Happy New Year | Feliz Año Nuevo | Bonne Année appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy New Year | Feliz… Read more »
- The Anchor A Symbol of HopeThe Anchor A Symbol of Hope - The anchor is a symbol of Hope, strength, security and resilience and the anchor has been said often to also resemble a cross. In this blog post I share about the anchor. #anchor #bgbg2 #hope The Anchor A Symbol of Hope appeared first… Read more »
- 5 Foods that are better spicy5 Foods that are better spicy - I share five foods I think taste better spicy. #Spicy #SpicyFood 5 Foods that are better spicy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 5 Foods that are better spicy ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- A-Z of New YearsA-Z of New Years - Here is an A to Z list of things related to New Years. #NewYears A-Z of New Years appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of New Years ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- When The New Year Begins Across The GlobeWhen the new year begins across the globe - The following rundown shows when the new year will be celebrated in various areas across the globe and what time it will be in New York when revelers in those countries are officially ringing in the New Year! #NewYears When The… Read more »
- Introducing PANTONE® 17-3938 Very Peri: Pantone Color Of The Year 2022Introducing PANTONE® 17-3938 Very Peri: Pantone Color Of The Year 2022 #Pantone #VeryPeri #Pantone173938 The post Introducing PANTONE® 17-3938 Very Peri: Pantone Color Of The Year 2022 appeared first on SteveZ DesignZ. Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly