Proverbs 7 – As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is day 7 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 7.
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 7.
Again this chapter is a parent talking to their son and telling him to obey the commandments, just like prior chapters in Proverbs. The parents also have taught that if you live by the way I taught you, you will live. I believe this is talking about following God’s Law and having eternal life with God.
Chapter 7,also shows keeping God’s law is important and that you must keep His law in your heart. As I have had said in previous Proverbs post, that the heart is the most central part of the body. God knows us by our hearts, not what we look like.
Apple of your eye
Apple translated by Hebrew, אִישׁוֹן ‘iyshown (ē·shōn’), meant “little man of the eye” or the pupil of the eye. It could also mean middle of the night (that is the deepest blackness). Check out All Things Black. It talks about the eye because the eye is sensitive, it needs to be guard too what it sees. Plus the writing on the heart shows action, doing something to guard yourself. See Lexicon #H380.[pullquote]Keep my commands and live,
And my law as the apple of your eye.
Bind them on your fingers;
Write them on the tablet of your heart..
The Apple of your eyes could be what you are trying to seek to desire that comes from your eyes. Looking upon with lust, you can say. Desiring things that you can see.
The Wicked or Immoral Woman
Again, it also tells us by keeping the laws you will stay away from the immoral woman or wicked. That type of woman will cause you to sin and fall. That sin and fall will lead to death. The parent warns her son about the immoral woman, the woman that is a harlot. A harlot again is a prostitute. He says the immoral woman or wicked woman, will do all she can to lure you. She will have nice scents in the house, she will have nice linen on the bed, she will sweet talk you and temp you to sin.
That falling for this temptation will cause death unto you. It might not be immediate but it will cause death to you. Just like when sin entered the world. death wasn’t immediate, but it came. That is why we all must face death. (See Death Happens). I believe the law they are also talking to their son is that of the marriage and sex law. Where you are only to be with your wife and no other, which is also God’s law.
Children listen up
Now the parent goes on to address her children to listen to the words she is speaking. Giving a warning to not fall into her snare, into her trap or follow her ways. This can be addressed to their daughter as well, saying don’t be like that wicked woman. Saying that if she continues down the road she is, she will face hell, or Sheol, an eternal death.
Some other words of interest are loud, restless movement. Lurking to mean ambushing, like how the devil seeks to devour. The liver was the reservoir of the life-blood.
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 7? What verse stood out to you and why?Keep my commands and live, And my law as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart. #Proverbs7 Click To Tweet
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republished with a current date.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- Former Satanist Warns About the Dangers of HalloweenFormer Satanist Warns About the Dangers of Halloween. John Ramirez, who used to be a high-ranking priest within the Satanic Temple before miraculously having his heart opened to the Gospel, shares the story of his personal involvement with satanism and celebrating Halloween in order to warn parents of its dangers.… Read more »
- The Great Pumpkin AnalogyLinus & the The Great Pumpkin, from It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, is a good analogy to use when we talk about having faith Linus shows great faith. We need to have similar faith but our faith needs to be in Christ! #GreatPumpkin #faith #Linus #CharlieBrown The Great Pumpkin… Read more »
- 4 Choices when confronting A mountain4 Choices when confronting A mountain - When we are confronted with a mountain in front of us we have four choices. #mountain 4 Choices when confronting A mountain appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 4 Choices when confronting A mountain ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Halloween AlternativesHalloween alternatives: Facts on Halloween & Bible verses that pertain to not dealing or imitate darkness, evil, spirits. Participating in Halloween may seem fun. But, there is nothing fun about playing on Satan’s playground. It does not matter how many other people are playing there with you. We should be… Read more »
- October the 8th Month?October the 8th Month? What are you talking about? August is the 8th month Steve! Find out why October is no longer the 8th month. #October #August #8thMonth #10MonthCalendar #12MonthCalendar October the 8th Month? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at October the 8th Month? ©2004-2021… Read more »
- Christian Blogger DayChristian Blogger Day - This day is for all of those who are a Christian Blogger to show case their Christian Blog. #ChristianBloggerDay Christian Blogger Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Christian Blogger Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly