Proverbs 7 – As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is day 7 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 7.
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 7.
Again this chapter is a parent talking to their son and telling him to obey the commandments, just like prior chapters in Proverbs. The parents also have taught that if you live by the way I taught you, you will live. I believe this is talking about following God’s Law and having eternal life with God.
Chapter 7,also shows keeping God’s law is important and that you must keep His law in your heart. As I have had said in previous Proverbs post, that the heart is the most central part of the body. God knows us by our hearts, not what we look like.
Apple of your eye
Apple translated by Hebrew, אִישׁוֹן ‘iyshown (ē·shōn’), meant “little man of the eye” or the pupil of the eye. It could also mean middle of the night (that is the deepest blackness). Check out All Things Black. It talks about the eye because the eye is sensitive, it needs to be guard too what it sees. Plus the writing on the heart shows action, doing something to guard yourself. See Lexicon #H380.[pullquote]Keep my commands and live,
And my law as the apple of your eye.
Bind them on your fingers;
Write them on the tablet of your heart..
The Apple of your eyes could be what you are trying to seek to desire that comes from your eyes. Looking upon with lust, you can say. Desiring things that you can see.
The Wicked or Immoral Woman
Again, it also tells us by keeping the laws you will stay away from the immoral woman or wicked. That type of woman will cause you to sin and fall. That sin and fall will lead to death. The parent warns her son about the immoral woman, the woman that is a harlot. A harlot again is a prostitute. He says the immoral woman or wicked woman, will do all she can to lure you. She will have nice scents in the house, she will have nice linen on the bed, she will sweet talk you and temp you to sin.
That falling for this temptation will cause death unto you. It might not be immediate but it will cause death to you. Just like when sin entered the world. death wasn’t immediate, but it came. That is why we all must face death. (See Death Happens). I believe the law they are also talking to their son is that of the marriage and sex law. Where you are only to be with your wife and no other, which is also God’s law.
Children listen up
Now the parent goes on to address her children to listen to the words she is speaking. Giving a warning to not fall into her snare, into her trap or follow her ways. This can be addressed to their daughter as well, saying don’t be like that wicked woman. Saying that if she continues down the road she is, she will face hell, or Sheol, an eternal death.
Some other words of interest are loud, restless movement. Lurking to mean ambushing, like how the devil seeks to devour. The liver was the reservoir of the life-blood.
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 7? What verse stood out to you and why?Keep my commands and live, And my law as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart. #Proverbs7 Click To Tweet
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republished with a current date.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game ShowSteve Sews Stuff Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show - these sewing items are in a stack and players take turns pulling them without having the stack fall. #thefinalstraw #sewing Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn QuiltSteve Sews Stuff I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt #barnquilt This barn quilt is exactly at mile marker 54 on Interstate 81 South in Tennessee. This is in the Jonesborough, Falls Branch, Kingsport area. I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- Happy ThanksgivingFrom Courageous Christian Father and my family to yours. I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Give God thanks for what you have and what you don't have. #thanksgiving #HappyThanksgiving Happy Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Thanksgiving ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Thanksgiving Day Quiz PrintableThanksgiving Day Quiz, test your Thanksgiving Day knowledge. Only 8 questions to answer too! There is also a free printable version too! Including an answer sheet. #Thanksgiving #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingQuiz #ThanksgivingDayQuiz Thanksgiving Day Quiz Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Thanksgiving Day Quiz Printable ©2004-2022… Read more »
- Thanksgiving Blog PostThanksgiving Blog Post - Below are Thanksgiving Day Blog post that can be found on Courageous Christian Father. Celebrate this day of Thanks Living by checking out these Thanksgiving related blog post. #Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Blog Post appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Thanksgiving Blog Post… Read more »
- 5 Advent Candles & Their Meaning5 Advent Candles & Their Meaning - I share about what the five different candles that are lit during Advent and what each mean. #AdventCandles 5 Advent Candles & Their Meaning appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 5 Advent Candles & Their Meaning ©2004-2022 by… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner