As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is day 8 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 8.
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 8.
Chapter 8 talks about the excellence of wisdom and how that the writer is saying that they are righteous and they speak the truth that they cannot speak a lie or wicked. Again it tells you how wisdom is far better than any treasure like rubies, silver or gold.
It also says that the fear of the LORD is to hate evil, pride, arrogance and evil ways and also the perverse mouth. This is because we want what the Lord wants. As shown in verse 13. “The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way“. Notice LORD, it is all capped, well small cappped, meaning the “L” is in a big capitol letter and the “ORD” is capital but smaller. That is when God is referred to as Yahawah, the most sacred name used for God.
This Proverb seems as God is writing this, as you can see in verses 17-21. It talks about how God loves those who seek Him. God is saying that He is the riches and treasure. That his fruit is the best fruit. If you are looking for a treasure then you need to seek the Lord.
Then it goes on in verses 22 to be a person writing again. Here it shows that before the formation of the Earth, God still knew him, it goes on to say even before the earth with the dust still just on the grown, God knew him.
This shows that we are a part of God, that God knew us even before he Created the World. It just goes to show we are a masterpiece to God.[pullquote]For whoever finds me finds life,
And obtains favor from the Lord;
But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death.”
It also goes on to say that it is important to follow God’s Law. Following God’s law we can instruction and will be wise. It shows that God is the one who gives us wisdom. So if you want to find life and wisdom, seek out God. Draw near to Him! Draw near while we still can.
It also shows us when we sin, we wrong God. It also if you hate God, you don’t follow God, that will way will lead to death. This brings us to, “For the Wages of Sin is Death, but the gift of God is everlasting life,” Romans 6:23.
In order to get the life, meaning every lasting life in Heaven, we must call upon Jesus. He is the way the truth and the life, John 14:16. When we call upon Him, we will be found. Isaiah 55:6
If you hate God and reject His Son, then you will face death. Death here means everlasting torment in hell. If you don’t love God than you love other things and these things are what leads to your destruction.
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 8? What verse stood out to you and why?For whoever finds me finds life, And obtains favor from the Lord; But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; All those who hate me love death. #Proverbs8 Click To Tweet
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to a current date.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- There Was Jesus is a Platinum SingleThere Was Jesus is now a Platinum Single - The hit Christian song There Was Jesus is a platinum single. #therewasjesus #ZachWilliams #DollyParton There Was Jesus is a Platinum Single appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at There Was Jesus is a Platinum Single ©2004-2022 by… Read more »
- Prayer BoxThe Dollar Tree sells Prayer Boxes #prayerbox Prayer Box appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Prayer Box ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian Movies,… Read more »
- Threading ThursdaySteve Sews Stuff Threading Thursday we gotta have thread to sew or quilt! Threading Thursday I guess threading is almost everyday, but I picked Thursday since they both start with a T. I just might blog about thread. Who knows! If you want to make pot holders or bowl cozies,… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner