Proverbs 28 – Today is Day 28 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Today I will focus on Chapter 28 of Proverbs. Read Proverbs 28 which has 28 verses in this chapter. #Proverbs28 #Bgbg2
Today read the 28th Chapter of Proverbs!
[pullquote]Better is the poor who walks in his integrity
Than one perverse in his ways, though he be rich. Proverbs 28:6[/pullquote]
One verse that stood out to me is verse 6. It tells us that evil people don’t understand justice. But a person that seeks after God understands all.
Proverbs 28, also does one of the better than situations again. I believe this Proverb is talking about being good and obeying the law. I do believe it is talking about God’s Law, His Standards.
Importance of Confessing Sins
Proverbs 28, also shows us the importance of confessing our sins. We are given mercy when we confess. If we try to hide or cover them up, we will not prosper, that is because the Holy Spirit will keep convicting us until we confess. In verse 9, Proverbs 28:9, One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer is an abomination. It also shows when we don’t repent our prayer is an abomination, meaning it won’t be heard! (See also 2 Chronicles 7:14 – John 9:31). Also remember this God cannot look upon sin! He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy. Proverbs 28:13.
Proverbs 28, also tells us it is not good to show partiality, or favoritism. It also lets us to know that the evil person has an eye on riches. Proverbs 28, tells us we should not tell people what they want to hear when it comes to when they disobey God, tell them where they went wrong and how to get back right with God. Correction! God Corrects those who He loves.
My study note in my Holeman New King James Version Study Bible, says about verse 24, that rising to call a sin a sin destroys society. (page 1067). Proverbs 28, also tells us we must Trust in the Lord and we will prosper. It is not like how these Prosperity Preachers are preaching. But, proposer in the ways of the Lord, we will get our riches in Heaven not on Earth. If we are a soul winner, we prosper.
Trusting In Your Own Heart?
If you trust your own heart you are a fool, Proverbs 28:26.[pullquote]He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But whoever walks wisely will be delivered. Proverbs 28:26[/pullquote]
We cannot even trust in our own heart.People will say I feel it in my heart, well the Bible warns about that! Not to trust your heart! Remember above it tells us we must Trust in the Lord. He is the one that will guide us, comfort us, direct us, correct us and more.
Not to mention, in verse 27, Proverbs 28:27, is one that lets us know that we if help and give to the poor, we will not lack. Give and it shall be given, but we shouldn’t give to get back, we should give because God wants us to. We should never expect anything back from giving. If we do, we are giving for the wrong reasons.
What did you get out of reading Proverbs 28? Did any verses stand out to you?
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to current date with additions to original blog post.
Notes from the Holman Study Bible NKJV, page 1067.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- Former Satanist Warns About the Dangers of HalloweenFormer Satanist Warns About the Dangers of Halloween. John Ramirez, who used to be a high-ranking priest within the Satanic Temple before miraculously having his heart opened to the Gospel, shares the story of his personal involvement with satanism and celebrating Halloween in order to warn parents of its dangers.… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly