Proverbs 4 – As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there is 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is Day 4 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 4.
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 4.
Proverbs 4 talks about honoring and listening to your parents about the way they are bring you up in living good and not doing evil. Keep the commandments, I am sure the parent here is referring to God’s Law/Commandments.
This book does give warnings to not follow evil and pursue it. This fourth chapter of Proverbs tells us to avoid it. To turn away from it, that is showing repentance, we must turn away from sin. We shouldn’t entertain in it or look for it.
Proverbs 4:23 I would say is a popular verse. It talks about guarding your heart. Your heart is your most center part of the body. It is the most important party. God knows us by our heart. Want to know the true character of a person, look deep into their heart. That is the true person. Check out What goes in your heart, also comes out where I blogged more about that.
I like the Holman Christian Standard Version, shown below:
“Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life.”
I like how it uses the source of life. Just think about it, without our heart working, we don’t have life. This applies to both physical being and our spiritual being. Our heart works to deliver blood to our physical body. The same for our spiritual as it delivers things in and out that we take in and put out. Are we putting in Worldly things or are we putting in Godly Things. The things we put in, will show because they will also come out in who we are.
Guarding our heart can be a hard task to do. When we don’t guard our heart, we can let all kinds of evil and impure things to come inside. What is in our heart will come out some how. This could include when we are dating or in the talking stage of a relationship. If we are not careful we could end up in the wrong type of relationship.Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life. #Proverbs4 Click To Tweet
Another part of this is learning what to share and not to share with others. If you are open like me, it could possibly lead to others gossiping about you or sharing what you said to other people too.
There is an old saying bump a person just a little and you will see what comes out. What comes is what is truly in that person. This is a true statement too. Sometimes it takes just a bump for the “true person” to show.
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 4? What verse stood out to you and why?
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republished with a current date.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »
- Twas the Day After Bible School PrintableTwas the Day After Bible School Printable - Here is a free printable about a poem about the day after Vacation Bible School. This talks about the day after Vacation Bible School is done. I also make up a printable version too. #VBS #VacationBibleSchool Twas the Day After Bible School… Read more »
- A-Z of Father’s DayA-Z of Father's Day - An A to Z list of things related to Father's Day and/or being a Dad. #FathersDay A-Z of Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Father’s Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music WorkaroundAlexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround - Get tired of Alexa not dismissing playing music? Here is one workaround. #Alexa #EchoDot Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Happy Memorial DayHappy Memorial Day! Thank you to those men and women who died to protect our freedoms. Plus. Special shoutout to One that shed His blood for our ultimate freedom ... Jesus! #MemorialDay Happy Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Memorial Day ©2004-2021… Read more »
- SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews StuffSteve Sews Stuff SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff - Steve shares stuff he sews such as face masks, zipper clutches, pocket tissue holders and much more. Plus Steve is learning how to quilt and will share that experience too. #Quilt #Sewing SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff… Read more »
- Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaningLeaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning - Have you ever seen coins on a gravestone. I’m talking about pennies nickels dimes and quarters. Have you ever wondered what they meant? Each coin has a significant meaning. Includes FREE printable version! Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning… Read more »
- 3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables - Are three printables great for your youth group, Vacation Bible School and small groups, etc. Try to find the hidden Bible Books of the Bible in a paragraph or two of words. #HiddenBooks #HiddenBooksBible #HiddenBooksoftheBible #FreePrintables 3 Hidden Books of… Read more »
- How Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each otherHow Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each other - Memorial Day and Veterans Day each honor the military, though the two holidays are not the same. This blog post will tell you what those differences are. How Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each other appeared first… Read more »
- The Pledge of AllegianceThe Pledge of Allegiance. One Nation Under God. A patriotic pledge that is often recited during VBS, Boy Scout Meetings, Schools and more. Free Printable version too! The Pledge of Allegiance appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Pledge of Allegiance ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!