Proverbs 22 – As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is Day 22 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 22. #Proverbs22
Read all of Proverbs 22 – There are only 29 verses in this chapter.
In Bible Times, people were named based on their character or personality and when they died it was how there were remembered.
Proverb 22 let’s us know regardless if you are poor or rich God made you. One common thing all humans have in common is our creator, God. God created us in His image.
This Proverbs was likely was written by Solomon, nevertheless the author is making know he believes in a Creator, and that Creator is God.
A prudent man can for see evil and it coming that he will hide himself, stay away from it.
If we Fear God, again that is a reverence type of fear, God will give us riches. I don’t believe it means money since we are to lay our treasures in Heaven, but a heavenly treasure, maybe a crown or other souls we can take with us when we go to Heaven by witnessing and sharing the gospel.
If you guard your soul, use caution in what you feed it, like what you see, what you feel, touch, listen to, etc. Anything that deals with our senses and you guard them from evil because you want what’s good for your soul. Check out what goes in our heart, also comes out.
Train/Teach Up a Child/Youth
Proverbs 22:6, Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he us old he will not depart from it. this is a popular verse. This shows us it is important for us to raise our children popularly and in a godly way, the Way of the Lord, that is. It is a way that would please our Heavenly Father. Train up is also a type of dedication and discipline. As a parent, you hope that the values you try to teach them.
We teach our children so they won’t go away from it, it seems they might when they rebel against you and God. You hope that when they get older they come to realize the truth again. Also note, when it says youth, it can also mean child. Teach and train can be used for the same thing because to train you are teaching and to be teaching you are training. See Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child.
Proverbs 22, also tells us that it is good to give to those in need. Then, later on, Proverbs 22, saying a lazy man will make excuses as why he can’t work, so he can be lazy and not do anything. It also talks about a woman who lures men by her words. That these words will cause trouble for you, make you feel like you have fallen in a deep pit. This is the wicked or evil woman, as mentioned in prior Proverbs.
Proverbs 22:17-29 are considered, “sayings to the wise”.
We must keep an open ear, I believe that means when we hear the Word of God preached. Take note and listen, we must be studied up to know if what we are hearing is the truth or not. Don’t always take a pastors word for it, the Bible warns there will be false teachers arise in the end of times. We are living in the end of times.
We are to to take from the poor either. This is theft or stealing. The Bible tells us that Tough Shalt Not Steal, it is one of the 10 Commandments. (Exodus 20:15 and Leviticus 19:11)
We are told not to make friends with an angry man because soon we will learn and accept his anger and also show the same anger he has. This will damage our soul when we do this.
If we do not have the money to pay for something, we shouldn’t buy it. The same goes with debt, if we cannot pay for the debt obligations, then we shouldn’t get into that situation over something we want and that is only temporary. Remember all things here on Earth are temporary and don’t last.
When we pray we are to ask God for an open heart and open mind,so I can both see and hear what He desires, plus I end it with feet ready to apply. Plus, feet ready to apply it. That means going and doing it and sharing it. We are to put our total trust in God. He is our great provider and healer.
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 22? What verse stood out to you and why?
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to a current date.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- There Was Jesus is a Platinum SingleThere Was Jesus is now a Platinum Single - The hit Christian song There Was Jesus is a platinum single. #therewasjesus #ZachWilliams #DollyParton There Was Jesus is a Platinum Single appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at There Was Jesus is a Platinum Single ©2004-2022 by… Read more »
- Prayer BoxThe Dollar Tree sells Prayer Boxes #prayerbox Prayer Box appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Prayer Box ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian Movies,… Read more »
- Threading ThursdaySteve Sews Stuff Threading Thursday we gotta have thread to sew or quilt! Threading Thursday I guess threading is almost everyday, but I picked Thursday since they both start with a T. I just might blog about thread. Who knows! If you want to make pot holders or bowl cozies,… Read more »
- Good Morning Mercy by Jason CrabbGood Morning Mercy by Jason Crabb is this week’s Christian Music Monday #GoodMorningMercy #JasonCrabb Good Morning Mercy by Jason Crabb appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Good Morning Mercy by Jason Crabb ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner