Proverbs 19 -As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is day 19 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 19. #Proverbs19
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 19. There are 29 verses in this chapter.
Proverbs 19, starts off doing another better than scenario like in previous chapters. This time it says it is better to be poor and walk with integrity than someone who talks bad.
It also tells us that our souls need knowledge. I believe our souls are really searching for the truth. We can look no further than Jesus Christ, He is the Way the Truth and the Life. That is the knowledge we need to have.
Proverbs 19, also talks about how if you have money it seems you have friends. I believe that is because those people are using for the money you have. They are not a true friend. They are trying to get things from you by being selfish to get gain. If you had all this money and all these friends, watch, when you no longer have money and have a need, these people will no longer be around. They also won’t help you anymore like they use to as well.
Proverbs 19, also shares the importance of telling the truth. That are not to lie or make false claims to other people. It does warn us if we do, we will be punished.
If you love your soul, you will find it with things it needs. This is how we gain our wisdom. We must Study the Word of God! Feel our soul, remember Jesus is the Bread we must have. We must be in fellowship and worship with another too.
Proverbs 19, tells us if you are foolish you make ruin or upset your father.
It also tells us if you have a prudent or caring wife, that is a gift from God.
Proverbs 19, also talks about being lazy as well. If you are lazy, it will lead to hunger or a type of poverty. God wants to you to work to get what you have.
It also says if we obey God’s Laws you will keep your soul, I believe that is our salvation through Jesus Christ with the gift of Heaven. If we don’t we will die and face an everlasting punishment of hell.
If you have pity on the poor and help the poor, you do well to the Lord. The Lord will pay you back for helping the poor. This reward may not be right away, it may not even be on the earth. It could be a reward when we reach Heaven.
It also talks about punishment of your children. If you do, there will be hope for them. A good future for them. God punishes those who He loves, so should a father and mother punish their child. They don’t want to see destruction, hell come on their children. Children may not see that, because they like to rebel. But, keep them on straight the best you can.
This Proverb also talks about an angry person, a person who seems to stay mad at everything. It says God will punish this person as well.
This 19th Chapter of Proverbs, also tells us it is important to seek council. I believe it is talking about advice from a godly person. Maybe your pastor, youth leader, Sunday School teacher or another trusted godly person. One that will have you go the way of the Lord and see the Lord. One that will bring you closer to the Lord than away from Him. It means godly council at that. Look to an elder or someone in your church family you can trust to talk to, share with and get Biblical insight.
We all have ways we think will be right, but deep down it might not be. It may go against God’s will. Our heart may say it is right, but we must actually seek God and get His advice.
Proverbs 19, also talks about the Fear of the Lord. It will bring life. I believe when you have a Fear of God, you will want to do right, you will want to obey His Laws. You will not want to upset Him or cause His wrath to fall on you. This will bring you life. This life is eternal life, a life in Heaven with our Father and Savior. By staying right with God it will be harder for you to stumble or fall into evil ways. Keep your eyes on Him! Again, fear here is a reverence type of fear.
It also talks about a misbehaved child. If you mistreat one parent, it has a an effect on the other parent as well. This is why it is important to bring your child up in the ways of the Lord. When your child also rebels, they no longer will listen to instruction or correction. This can be a tough time for a parent too.Many are the plans in a person's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that remains. #Proverbs19 Click To Tweet
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 19? What verse stood out to you and why?
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to a current date.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- The Leaning Barn – propping me up on the leaning sideThe Leaning Barn - propping me up on the leaning side - “A pastor of a small church would occasionally call on one gentleman to pray, and every time this one particular guy would pray, he would end with the strangest statement, “And, oh Lord, prop us up on our… Read more »
- Born again not born againstBorn again not born against - You are either born again or not! If you are born again you are saved and have eternal life with Christ in Heaven. If you are not born again, born against, you are not saved and will spend eternity in torment and punishment (separated… Read more »
- Gas pricesGas prices funny - These gas prices are probably the reason the armies in the Book of Revelation are riding horses.#gasprices Gas prices appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Gas prices ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Don’t wait for the hearse to take you to churchDon’t wait for the hearse to take you to church by then it’s too late! #church #bgbg2 #hearse Don’t wait for the hearse to take you to church appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Don’t wait for the hearse to take you to church ©2004-2022… Read more »
- What the world would be like if fabric did not existSteve Sews Stuff What the world would be like if fabric did not exist - this is how I think it might be if fabric didn’t exist. #fabric What the world would be like if fabric did not exist appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- What we see often depends on what we are looking forWhat we see often depends on what we are looking for What we see often depends on what we are looking for appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at What we see often depends on what we are looking for ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- It’s God’s Will, not your willIt’s God’s Will, not your will - are we doing what we want or what God wants? It’s God’s Will, not your will appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at It’s God’s Will, not your will ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- GargoylesGargoyles - Those evil looking creatures you usually see on buildings that was said to keep evil spirits away also served another purpose. #Gargoyles Gargoyles appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Gargoyles ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Who do you need to witness to?Who do you need to witness to? Simple answer is … EVERYONE! Who do you need to witness to? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Who do you need to witness to? ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner