Proverbs 6 – As part of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there are 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is Day 6 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 6.
Today read the whole chapter of Proverbs 6.
This chapter in proverbs starts off talking about a hand shake is like a seal contract. Something that today seems rare. So it tells you if you shake on something, make sure you keep your word on what you shook your hands on. This is topic one on dangerous promises. It tells if we cannot keep our promise, we need to go to the person and tell them. It tells us to not sleep, that means do not put it off, do it now. This is found in Proverbs 6:1-5.
The Folly of Indolence
Chapter 6 also talks about the Folly of Indolence, as found in Proverbs 6:6-11. According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, indolence means that you have an inclination to laziness. This section tells us that even the ants work to get their food and so must we work to get our food. I take it as these verses warn us about being lazy.
The Wicked Man
It also goes on talking about a wicked man. The wicked man is a worthless person. It also says he talks bad. He also points his fingers, puts the blame on others. He does not have any accountability. He also has a bad heart, it has bad thoughts, perverse thoughts it says. Because this man is a wicked man, he continually seeks out what he can do to cause discord. The Wicked Man Section is found in Proverbs 6:12-19.
6 Things God Hates
It goes on to tell us there are 6 things that God hates and seven are an abomination, or disgust. You can check out the list or the graphic below. (Proverbs 6:16-19)
- A Proud Look
- A Lying Tongue
- Hands that shed innocent blood (Murder, Killing)
- Wicked heart (A heart that devises wicked plans)
- Feet that are swift in running to evil (Swift means quickly)
- A false witness who speaks lies
- One who sows discord among brethren (this can includes Gossip)
Beware of Adultery
This proverb also talks to their son in this case, for him to keep his parents commandments. What his parents had thought him. I am sure his parents raised him up in the way of the Lord. So I am sure this honoring thy father and mother and God’s Law. It tells us reproof is necessary.
It goes beyond keeping the commandments, but bound them up in your heart. Your heart is a safe keeping place. This way if its in your heart, you won’t depart from it. Again, it says keeping this commandments, will help the child stay away from the seductive immoral woman or wicked woman. Just like the Chapter 5.
It says here to not lust after her beauty or allow her to allure you with her looks or way she looks at you. Just like the warning to the son about lusting, today the world is full of lusting. Both men and women lust after the outward appearance.
It also goes on to say if you go to a prostitute, harlot, that you are nothing more than bread crumbs. It tells you that this type of woman will prey on you. She will do all she can to try to lure you in and destroy you. Giving into this wicked woman can ruin your health, your family, your marriage, your financial and even more aspects of your life. It can also ruin your testimony and your walk with God. Remember sin separates us from God. God cannot look upon sin.
It also goes on to say, if you go to your neighbors wife and have an affair with her, then you have stolen something. You become a thief. It also says if you commit adultery that you lack understanding. And it also destroys your own soul.
Just think of it this way, when a husband finds out another man had his way with his woman, that man will want revenge. Often it can lead to murder. The Bible talks about the jealousy of the husband. Check out Proverbs 6:34. “For jealousy is a husband’s fury; Therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.”
Check out True Love Waits!
Share what you got out of reading Proverbs 6? What verse stood out to you and why?There are six things that God hates and seven are an abomination." quote="There are six things that God hates and seven are an abomination. #Proverbs6 Click To Tweet
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republished with a current date.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- Former Satanist Warns About the Dangers of HalloweenFormer Satanist Warns About the Dangers of Halloween. John Ramirez, who used to be a high-ranking priest within the Satanic Temple before miraculously having his heart opened to the Gospel, shares the story of his personal involvement with satanism and celebrating Halloween in order to warn parents of its dangers.… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly