Proverbs 27 – Today is day 27 of the 31 Day Proverbs Challenge. Since there are 31 chapters in the Book of Proverbs and 31 Days this month, I have decided to do one chapter per day. This is day 27 and we will focus on Chapter 27 of Proverbs.
Today Read the 27th Chapter of Proverbs!
There are 27 verses in this 27th Chapter in Proverbs. This chapter comparisons between two things to one thing. The first time items for the most part are like things, they are similar. Then it compares it to something else in our lives.
Proverbs 27, opens us up by telling us to not worry about tomorrow or boast in this case. It also opens up about being self-praise. Both things that God doesn’t like. Boast is a form of bragging. This Self-praise, believing that you done something on your own and not the aid of someone else. Remember God is the one who gives us strength. God is the one we should praise, not our self. We shouldn’t brag on what we did as well.
We also do not know what tomorrow will hold, we do know who holds tomorrow. Don’t worry about what will happen and trust that God has it. As a matter of fact, we are never promised tomorrow either. That is why today is the day of salvation! We may never have another chance either!
[pullquote]Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.[/pullquote]
Kisses of an enemy may imply that your enemy’s friendliness or politeness toward you is meant for evil gain, unlike the wounds a friend gives you. A friend will give you advice out of love, yes it may hurt us, but they are doing it out of love. Remember God says that He loves those who he corrects. Put your enemy means evil out of the kiss or the niceness they give. One thing, I always share and say, a true friend will bring you closer to God than away from God.
Proverbs 27, tells us even during the time of King Solomon, he knew that long-term friendships were often much better relationships than that of blood, those kin to you (related). There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24)
[pullquote] Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens another.[/pullquote]
Verse 17, Proverbs 27:17, is one of the most popular verses you hear, in this chapter. Basically it says that in order to stay strong or sharp, you must stay with a friend that will help you stay that way. This is staying connected with a godly person. Seeking out advice from a trusting godly friend. One that will point you to God not away from God. One that will let you know when you go astray and help you find the path back to God.
Good friends help and offer encouragement to one another as well. Sometimes its painful, but we must be corrected if we are doing wrong against God. A friend loves you and don’t want to see bad to you, that is why they help to correct you. The Bible says God loves those who He corrects, the same applies to a friend, if they correct you, they love you! Correction shows loves!
If you patiently wait on your master, or employer God will see that you are rewarded. As I have said in past blog post, our rewards may not be on Earth, but we will be given Heavenly rewards. Maybe God has some waiting for us when we go to Heaven. Be patient. Trust in the God!
[pullquote]As in water face reflects face,
So a man’s heart reveals the man.[/pullquote]
Verse 19, Proverbs 27:19, This says that water reflects a mans image it shows what he looks like. In this Proverb, it tells us the heart does the same thing. The heart shows the inner person, that is the person that God looks at. Not to mention, the heart is where it is at. See A Mirror Tells Us What Is Wrong and What goes in our heart will also come out.
Proverbs 27, talks about Hell and Destruction, both symbolizing death. This death is the everlasting death of punishment and torture. It also says mans eyes is never full. Mans eyes always wants more and more. Lust will keep us craving more and more, like trying to fill that hole in our heart. This is where man gives into the flesh and fulfill lust. Lust that go against God’s Word and causes death. The only thing that will fill our heart is the Lord Jesus Christ.
Proverbs 27, does let us know that Man is honored by what others say about them. That is why it is important to watch what you say and what you do. Who you hang around as well. It could mean does he praise himself or does he give praise to others or even give God all the credit and praise?
Proverbs 27, also tells us that riches are not forever, this means that money doesn’t last forever. There are things that money can’t buy. That is the salvation that Christ gives freely. God paid the debt for us with us Son, it is a free gift for us. We cannot buy or earn it. It is given freely to us. Also why we must lay our treasures in Heaven. These earthly material things will be and can be destroyed at any moment.
Solomon told him to make sure his people were taken care of, if their lively hood, such as livestock or crops were to get damaged it could effect more than just that family, it could have a ripple effect, such as, it can effect everyone around you and not just you and your family.
What did you get out of Proverbs 27?
Any verse or verses that stood out to you?
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to current date with additions to original blog post.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- The Leaning Barn – propping me up on the leaning sideThe Leaning Barn - propping me up on the leaning side - “A pastor of a small church would occasionally call on one gentleman to pray, and every time this one particular guy would pray, he would end with the strangest statement, “And, oh Lord, prop us up on our… Read more »
- Born again not born againstBorn again not born against - You are either born again or not! If you are born again you are saved and have eternal life with Christ in Heaven. If you are not born again, born against, you are not saved and will spend eternity in torment and punishment (separated… Read more »
- Gas pricesGas prices funny - These gas prices are probably the reason the armies in the Book of Revelation are riding horses.#gasprices Gas prices appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Gas prices ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Don’t wait for the hearse to take you to churchDon’t wait for the hearse to take you to church by then it’s too late! #church #bgbg2 #hearse Don’t wait for the hearse to take you to church appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Don’t wait for the hearse to take you to church ©2004-2022… Read more »
- What the world would be like if fabric did not existSteve Sews Stuff What the world would be like if fabric did not exist - this is how I think it might be if fabric didn’t exist. #fabric What the world would be like if fabric did not exist appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- What we see often depends on what we are looking forWhat we see often depends on what we are looking for What we see often depends on what we are looking for appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at What we see often depends on what we are looking for ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- It’s God’s Will, not your willIt’s God’s Will, not your will - are we doing what we want or what God wants? It’s God’s Will, not your will appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at It’s God’s Will, not your will ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- GargoylesGargoyles - Those evil looking creatures you usually see on buildings that was said to keep evil spirits away also served another purpose. #Gargoyles Gargoyles appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Gargoyles ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Who do you need to witness to?Who do you need to witness to? Simple answer is … EVERYONE! Who do you need to witness to? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Who do you need to witness to? ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- No Grocery Tax in Tennessee this AugustNo Grocery Tax in Tennessee this August - Tennessee Governor Bill Lee announced his proposal for a 30-day suspension of state and local grocery sales tax to provide direct financial relief to Tennesseans amid surging inflation nationwide. No Grocery Tax in Tennessee this August appeared first on Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner