20 Ways To Show Appreciation for your Pastor – Pastor Appreciation – October is Pastor Appreciation Month. A month set aside of the year to show appreciation to your pastor. Usually the second Sunday of October is Pastor Appreciation Day. Check out this list of 20 Ways To Show Appreciation for your Pastor as part of Pastor Appreciation for any time. Includes Free printable version! #PastorAppreciationMonth #PastorAppreciation
These men of God put other things aside for our needs to help give us the Word of God. Most people think that outreach is the pastors job or a lot of other things, but if you know the Bible, you know that we are to help the pastor. That we are the church. The Church is not a building. That pastor needs us to step up and help in areas.
We shouldn’t just set a month or a day aside of the year to show that we appreciation our pastors. We should show that daily by the way we live. Showing the pastor that we are hearing and obeying God’s Word, The Bible.20 Ways To Show Appreciation for your Pastor! Click To Tweet
Below is 20 Ways To Show Appreciation for your Pastor. I do know this list can go on and on!
- Tell him that you appreciate him
- Attend Worship Regularly
- Attend Sunday School, Discipleship Training, Small Group Classes, Etc. (SHOW UP!)
- Say Amen when the spirit hits you
- Serve in the church somewhere
- Invite others to church
- Help with your Grow Ministry (Outreach Ministry)
- Offer Encouragement
- Show respect
- Food! (Baptist love to eat!)
- Saying “Thank You!”
- Prayer! Pray for your pastor!
- Give Him Gifts, Money, Suits, Ties, Christian Books, Etc.
- Take your pastor and family out to eat
- Send a hand written letter or card
- Offer to help fix things with their home or car
- Phone call to him to tell him you appreciation him (Or text)
- Offer to pet sit or baby sit so your pastor and his wife can go out on a date
- Offer to send him to a Christian Conference
- Invite him to places with you
Below is a printable version in PDF format. Right-Click the image and save as to the image below.
Plus many, many more ways!
Don’t forget to show appreciation to the pastors wife and even the pastors kids (PK’s).
Remember we don’t follow the pastor! We follow Jesus! The Pastor is the one that delivers the message that God has for us to hear.
Also a pastoral job is not in it for the money, at least he shouldn’t be. He should be in it to see the lost saved and people to know God better.
Make sure you attend a church where the pastor is not afraid to preach the truth. One that actually is a full Bible Preaching Believing Church!
Also Special thanks to all the men who serve as pastors everywhere proclaiming the true Word of God.
Pastor Appreciation Day is sometimes called Clergy Appreciation Day.
What are some other ways you can show appreciation to your pastor?
I listed 20 Ways To Show Appreciation for your Pastor in this blog post, but I do know there are many more ways. How are some ways you showed appreciation for your pastor? Feel free to share that in the comments below.
Check out Heather of SimplySpokn, she did an opposite approach by listing 6 Ways to Make your Pastor Feel Unappreciated.
First published October 4, 2016, last updated/republished September 30, 2019.