Proverbs 23 – As part of the 31 Days of Proverbs Challenge, I am doing one chapter per day for 31 days since there is 31 chapters also in the Book of Proverbs. This is day 23 of 31, therefore I am focusing on Proverbs 23. #Proverbs23 #bgbg2
Proverbs 23 include more sayings to the wise. So today read the whole 23rd chapter of Proverbs where there are 35 verses to read.
This Proverbs opens with a type of warning about having a feast with a king. His motives for the feast could be a test, maybe a test to see if you will desire or go for his best.
Proverbs 23 tells you about trying to get rich. It tells us to not get rich by overworking. Telling us earthly riches aren’t worth that extra time at work. We need to give God His time and if we over work how can we give time to Him?
Never try to please your host if they are a miser, which means having an evil eye. If you do sooner or later the true person will come out. The inner person that us. Often guest know the host has to provide food and drinks, but sometimes host might not be sincere in his celebration.
Verses 13-14, Proverbs 23:13-14, tells us to discipline our children so it will prevent death. Death in this case is hell. It also meant bodily dearth so they avoid crazy things that could kill them. It tells us its OK to beat with a rod, meaning strong discipline. This disciple must be done out of love and not dominance. The Bible indicates a corporal type punishment. This punishment was given so kids will have a fear of God, again a reverent type of fear.
13 Do not withhold correction from a child,
For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die.
14 You shall beat him with a rod,
And deliver his soul from hell.
Today in American if you beat your children you could go to jail for child abuse. There is a difference in scolding and abusing. But maybe kids today would behave better if more parents disciples their children, instead of allowing them to do as they please. Plus, the government is getting to where you cannot discipline your children. We wonder why the world is the way it is, lack of discipline. Lack of discipline shows lack of love. We correct those we love. God corrects those He loves, we as parents should do the same! I think those parents sadly one day will watch their child go to hell because they didn’t take the time to love them to prevent t it.
“Don’t envy sinners but always continue to fear the Lord. You will be rewarded for this; your hope will not be disappointed.” – Proverbs 23:17-18
Solomon says if your heart is wise to his son that he, Solomon, will rejoice. Solomon knew that meant he done right and his son was following God.
Do Not Envy Sinners
Do not envy sinners, it may look like on earth that they are getting away with things, but remember they will still have to answer to God at the end. This Proverb let’s us know there is a hereafter, you will either go to Heaven or Hell.
Proverbs 22, goes on about listening to your father and mother as well, one if the 10 Commandments. Honor your father and your mother.
Evil Woman Warnings
It also warns about the harlot or known as a prostitute (which is the evil woman or wicked woman from previous Proverbs), is a deep pit. A deep pit because once you give in it is hard to get out and causes a ripple effect of troubles. She is there only to seduce the unfaithful. Not to mention, she is full of lies and will tell you what you want. She will say what she wants to lure you in. Don’t buy the lies! Her ways leads to death!
This Proverb tells us about not searching for wine or things that cause temptation. These things cause hopelessness. It says these drinks bite like a serpent. It will cause you see strange things, say strange things and perhaps believe strange things. This drink will cause you to want and seek more and more, cause an addiction. Check out 10 Reason’s Christians Shouldn’t Drink.
I would like to hear from you! What did you get out if Proverbs 23? What was your favorite verse or verses from it?
31 Day Proverbs Challenge Series
| Introduction |
| 1st Chapter of Proverbs | 2nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 3rd Chapter of Proverbs | 4th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 5th Chapter of Proverbs | 6th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 7th Chapter of Proverbs | 8th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 9th Chapter of Proverbs | 10th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 11th Chapter of Proverbs | 12th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 13th Chapter of Proverbs | 14th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 15th Chapter of Proverbs | 16th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 17th Chapter of Proverbs | 18th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 19th Chapter of Proverbs | 20th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 21st Chapter of Proverbs | 22nd Chapter of Proverbs |
| 23rd Chapter of Proverbs | 24th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 25th Chapter of Proverbs | 26th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 27th Chapter of Proverbs | 28th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 29th Chapter of Proverbs | 30th Chapter of Proverbs |
| 31st Chapter of Proverbs |
Check out the 21 Day Gospel of John Challenge!
Republishing to a current date.
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- In God We Trust – One Nation Under God – In God We Trust DayIn God We Trust Day a day based on that is imprinted on our currency here in the United States. Our Nation was founded under One Nation under God. Anymore it seems God has been removed from everything. We Christians are just taking it and not standing up for our… Read more »
- Meaningful, fun ways to celebrate Earth DayMeaningful, fun ways to celebrate Earth Day - Earth Day is a celebration of the planet that people, plants and animals call home. First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day was established to demonstrate support for environmental protection, and events are held each year on April 22. It is now coordinated… Read more »
- How to show appreciation to the Law Enforcement CommunityHow to show appreciation to the law enforcement community. When private citizens come into contact with law enforcement, that contact is not always made under ideal circumstances. National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.) is January 9th each year! How to show appreciation to the Law Enforcement Community appeared first on… Read more »
- Mother Acronym PrintableMother Acronym - This is my acronym poem for the word Mother. Wishing all the moms out there a Happy Mother's Day! Includes a Free Printable Version! #Mother #MothersDay #Mother #MotherAcronym #MotherAcrostic Mother Acronym Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Mother Acronym Printable ©2004-2021… Read more »
- Popular Graduation TraditionsPopular Graduation Traditions - Before the Graduation party begins it can be fun to reflect on the many traditions associated with graduation ceremonies. #Graduation Popular Graduation Traditions appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Popular Graduation Traditions ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- Adult Autism Awareness DayAdult Autism Awareness Day - An awareness day about autism in adults. #AdultAutism #Autism #AdultAutismAwarenessDay Adult Autism Awareness Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Adult Autism Awareness Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!