Wake Up America
National Day of Prayer
The National Day of Prayer is not just a vital part of America’s heritage, but is as relevant and critical today as it was at the first call by our Continental Congress in 1775. Established in public law by a joint resolution of Congress signed by President Truman in 1952, then amended to designate the day under the 100th Congress and President Reagan in 1988, it states that …
“The President shall issue each year a proclamation designating the first Thursday in May as a National Day of Prayer on which the people of the United States may turn to God in prayer and meditation at churches, in groups and as individuals.”
“Shout it aloud, do not hold back. Raise your voice like a trumpet.”
Past National Day of Prayer Blog Post
More post on Prayer
- David’s written prayers in Psalms can help us keep a Prayer Journal
- Everyday Life in Prayer
- Just Keep Praying it all soon will be clear
- National Day of Prayer 2014
- Stop, Drop and Pray!
- Sweating Blood Prayer
- Many Prayer Request from Missionaries
- Jelly Bean Prayer
- Toddler’s Prayer Caught on Baby Monitor
- War Room/Prayer Wall
- Fire Fighters Prayer
- Police Officers Prayer
- Prayer Journal
- Stop & Pray! Don’t Put it Off!
- Praying over your Christian Ministry!
- Watch & Pray – The Carolina Boys
- Teacher’s Prayer
- A Biker’s Prayer
- Just keep praying soon it all will be clear
- A Single Parents Prayer
- A Parent’s Prayer
- Serenity Prayer
Prayer is one of our greatest privileges and also one of our greatest responsibilities.
Source: National Day of Prayer – Press Release – #NationalDayofPrayer #WakeUpAmerica