I would like to take this time to wish all the dads out there a Happy Father’s Day. Father’s Day, celebrated the third Sunday of June each year in America. (See below a list of future Father’s Day dates) #FathersDay
Happy Father’s Day
I would also like to wish all the single moms raising their kids by themselves a very Happy Father’s Day as well because they are both mom and dad. It sure is a tough job being both parents I should know because I’m was a dad who is also a mom. I have raised my child who is now an Adult Child. Co-parenting, where both parents have custody and live part of the time with one parent, and the other time with the other, is hard too, but with God all things are possible.
Happy Father’s day also to those people raising children that is not theirs. Grand Parents, Uncles, Aunts, Friends, Cousins, Foster, Step etc.
Also special Happy Father’s Day to the men serving our country and cannot be with her children or family. With that we salute you, Sir! We also thank you for your service to our country and the great sacrifice you do to protect our freedoms. God bless you, watch over you and keep you safe.
To my Heavenly Father
My earthly father wasn’t a part of my life, but, I am glad to have a Heavenly Father who NEVER has abandoned me. My Heavenly Father is very active in my life. You’re a Good, Good Father.
Brief History of Father’s Day
Sonora Smart Dodd started the idea of Father’s Day in Spokane, Washington from listening to a Mother’s Day sermon in 1909. Dobb’s wanted to make a special day for her father, William Jackson Smart, a Civil War veteran.
Sonora wanted to recognize her father for his specialness and the role he played in her life. She wanted to honor her father’s sacrifices, selflessness, and love he showed for his children. (SupportForStepDads.com)
The first Father’s Day, celebrated June 19, 1910. Father’s Day was first taken like a joke. Today no one is joking about Father’s Day.
Various presidents brought up this holiday in 1972 when Richard Nixon made it official and celebrated the third Sunday in June of each year.
Read more about the history at SupportForStepDads.com
- 2020: June 21
- 2021: June 20
- 2022: June 19
- 2023: June 18
Top Father Related Blog Post
Check out these Father Related Post (A-C)
- At Age – Dad …
- Acronym for Father
- Approved: Top Daddy Blogs
- Baby gives dad a surprise during photoshoot
- Being A Single Father with Custody
- Best Father’s Day Gifts, The
- Children: Stepping on Toes to Stepping on Heart
- Courageous Movie Recommendation & Trailer
- Courageous Pledge (The Resolution)
Check out these Father Related Post (D-H)
- Dad’s uses for Duck Tape
- DIY Drive In Movie Night Idea
- Fatherhood – What’s it like being a Dad
- Father’s Day Candy Bar Greeting Card
- Father’s Day Finger Puzzle
- Father’s Glory, A
- Father’s Love, The (Movie)
- Fathers: Old TV Show Dads
- Free Grub For Dad on Father’s Day
- Get Along Shirt
- God the Father
- Good Good Father
- Honor Your Father
- Honoring Fathers
Check out these Father Related Post (I-Z)
- I made the Courageous Pledge
- March DADness
- Names for Dad
- National Father Daughter Take A Walk Together Day
- Outdoor Truths – Father’s Day
- Parents Prayer, A
- Praying Parent Church Sign
- Resolution for Men, The
- Satan You Are the Father
- Single Parents Prayer, A
- Spare the Rod? Spoil the Child?
- Stuff Dads Never Say
- Success A Father’s Desire – Outdoor Truths
- Sure Fire Way To Get Your Kids Attention
- To the World You Are Dad Church Sign
- Touch Love Comic
- Touching Speech by the Father of the Bride, A
- What Dad’s Can’t Do
- What if the Prodigal Son Had Facebook?
Did you know Father’s Day in Australia is celebrated the first Sunday of September?
Dad’s Are Awesome!
#FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #Father #Dad #Daddy #DADness
First Published on Father’s Day 2012, Republished with Additions Each Year on Father’s Day. Last Republished on June 20, 2020.