God the Father, is our Heavenly Father only if we are truly we born again (regeneration). That is when we come children of God. We can only become a child of God through His Son Jesus Christ and by Christ alone. This born again lets us be adopted into the family of God. It is only through that relationship with Jesus Christ.
God the Father is also the first person in the Trinity as well.
One thing that is characterized by a child of God is love. The Bible is clear if we do not love, we are not a child of God. It says that if we do not love, we do not know God. If we do not know God than we are not a child of God. 1 John 4:7-8
Even 1 John 5:2 tells us that we can tell we are children of God by loving and keeping the commandments. So does 1 John 3:10
Love is the main characteristic of a Child of God.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.Galatians 3:26-29 NKJV
The thing is we must accept Jesus Christ, His Son! That is the only way! There is no other way in which we can be saved and adopted into the family of God.
We may have an Earthly father who has never been there for us, he never provided for us.
Heavenly Father does
Just like the song by Chris Tomlin, Good Good Father, God the Father is a just that a Good Good Father. Check out some of the things that our Heavenly Father does.
- God the Father always provides. (Philippians 4:19 & During the Exodus if you remember, He provided the food, daily manna). There are more verses of the protection of God.
- God the Father is always there, He will never leave us or forsake us. Deuteronomy 31:6 & More
- God the Father protects us. Psalm 121:7 & More
- God the Father loves us. He sent His only Son to die for us. There is No Greater Love than that. John 3:16
- God the Father does so much more for us.
One thing God tells us, we must come to Him like a little child. That is not being childish either. There is a difference. Here God is telling us to come to Him childlike. Matthew 18:3
I am glad God adopts us into his family.
First published June 19, 2016. Last republished June 18, 2023.
Father Related Blog Posts
Below is a list of Father and Dad Related blog posts to read. Be sure to check out ALL of them! You can also use search.
- A Father’s Glory by Skit Guys
- A-Z of Father’s Day
- Acronym for Father Printable
- At Age – Dad …
- Baby Gives Daddy A Surprise during Photoshoot
- Best Father’s Day Gifts, The
- Celebrating Father’s Day: Honoring Dads and Their Crafting Skills
- Dad’s uses for duct tape
- Dad sayings in situations
- Embracing the Fatherhood of God
- Father Knows Best Church Sign
- Father-in-law Day
- Father’s Day Candy Bar Greeting Card
- Father’s Day Finger Puzzle Printable
- Fatherhood – What’s it like being a Dad
- Fathers: Old TV Show Dads
- Fathers Prayer of the Day
- Forgive Mom & Dad Day
- Free Grub For Dad on Father’s Day
- God the Father
- Happy Father’s Day
- March DADness
- Names for Dad Printable
- National Father-Daughter Take A Walk Together Day
- Outdoor Truths – Father’s Day
- Satan You Are The Father
- Stuff Dads Never Say
- Success A Father’s Desire | Outdoor Truths
- Unchanging Love of Our Heavenly Father
- Unique ways to honor Dad this Father’s Day
- What Dads Can’t Do
- What if the Prodigal Son & Father had Facebook
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow Steve Sews on Social Media
Follow on: Threads
Thank You For Reading Courageous Christian Father!
Thank you for reading. Please feel free to share and like this blog post.