Here is a list of names for dad. I figured with Father’s Day coming up this would be a great blog post to write. Have you called your father any of these?
Names for Dad
Below is a compiled list for the names we may call our dad. You can also download the above image a free printable. You can click on the image and open in Adobe Acrobat or right click and save as a pdf file document to your computer.
Plus, you can print this out or even print it out and frame it and give it to your dad for Father’s Day!
List of names for dad
- Old Fart
- Old Man
- Père (French)
- Padre (Spanish)
- Baba (Middle East)
- Abba (Jesus Called God, our Father – See Mark 14:36 below)
And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.”Mark 14:36
Father is the most formal name we use for dad.
I think Daddy is more personal name to use.
Of course there are other names that some people use for their dad but most of them are not appropriate to put in this post.
Father’s Day is always celebrated the 3rd Sunday in June. Father’s Day was founded in 1910. It became a permanent national holiday when President Richard Nixson signed it into law in 1972.
Check out my Acronym for the word “Father“.
So what do you call your dad? Is there a name I didn’t use and should add to the list. Please leave your comments.
I even have one for Names for Mom too you can download and print out.
First published June 4, 2014. Last republished or updated June 11, 2022.
Father Related Blog Posts
Below is a list of Father, Dad Related blog posts. Be sure to check ALL of them out! You can also use search.
- A Father’s Glory by Skit Guys
- A-Z of Father’s Day
- Acronym for Father Printable
- At Age – Dad …
- Baby Gives Daddy A Surprise during Photoshoot
- Best Father’s Day Gifts, The
- Dad’s uses for duct tape
- Dad sayings in situations
- Father Knows Best Church Sign
- Father-in-law Day
- Father’s Day Candy Bar Greeting Card
- Father’s Day Finger Puzzle Printable
- Fatherhood – What’s it like being a Dad
- Fathers: Old TV Show Dads
- Fathers Prayer of the Day
- Forgive Mom & Dad Day
- Free Grub For Dad on Father’s Day
- God the Father
- Happy Father’s Day
- March DADness
- Names for Dad Printable
- National Father-Daughter Take A Walk Together Day
- Outdoor Truths – Father’s Day
- Satan You Are The Father
- Stuff Dads Never Say
- Success A Father’s Desire | Outdoor Truths
- Unique ways to honor Dad this Father’s Day
- What Dads Can’t Do
- What if the Prodigal Son & Father had Facebook
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner