Pirates had some kind of faith upbringing – You can see pirates had to have some kind of faith, a Pirates Bible and a Pirates Rosary. Which shows possibly the Catholic faith. #Bible #Rosary #Pirates #PirateMuseum #bgbg2
Pirates had some kind of faith upbringing
I saw a Bible and a Rosary at the St. Augustine Pirate Museum. I had to share with my readers.
In the heart it reads
sacre coeur de Jesus ayez pitie de vous roughly translated from French is …
Sacred Heart of Jesus have pity on you
This rosary is said to be from the 17th Century.
Kidd’s Family Bible
Said to be from 1645-1701 (over 300 years ago). Which makes it from the 18th Century. It is on the King James Version. It also has “Capt. Wm. Kidd Ship Adventure Galley” on the back.
William Kidd, also known as Captain William Kidd or simply Captain Kidd, was a Scottish sea captain who was commissioned as a privateer and had experience as a pirate. He was tried and executed in London in 1701 for murder and piracy. Kidd had captured a French ship, commanded by an English captain, as a prize. (WiKiPedia)
To set the record straight, I do not believe in the rosary. I was only simply sharing.
Pirate & Nautical Blog Posts
Cap’N ChristianBlogR here and I am sharing some Pirate and nautical blog posts with you my readers in this list below! Feel free to check them out! This includes things about pirates, sea life, nautical, ships, lighthouses, and more.
Plenty of sew fairing blog posts to read!
- A Ship Rose Up Out of the Deep Sea
- Battleship Word Attack Printable
- Bible Stories of the Sea
- Burn the Ships by For King Country
- Calming of the Storm
- Christianity and Pirates: Examining the Historical Connection
- Family survives the Great Flood
- Fishing for Men
- God is like a Compass
- The Great Catch
- Hundreds Survive Shipwreck
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Lay your treasure … What is your treasure?
- Lighthouse Quote
- Man Swallowed by Whale & Lives
- Man Walks on Water
- My Adventure on a Pirate Ship
- Mystery Island is AiG’s VBS 2020
- National Lighthouse Day
- The Parted Waters
- Pirate Chest for Trunk-or-Treats
- Pirate Pancakes
- Pirate Ring Toss Game
- Pirate Ship Decked out for Christmas
- Pirate Themed Trunk or Treat
- Pirates had to have some kind of faith (Rosary and a Bible)
- Pirates used a Cat-O-Nine-Tails as punishment
- The Rainbow: A Covenat from God
- Sea Turned into Blood
- Sew the Sails (A Pirate’s Life)
- Sewing was an important part of lighthouse keeping
- What a confusing time to be a pirate
- What Seems Over Our Head is Under His Feet
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow Steve Sews on Social Media
Follow on: Threads
Thank You For Reading Courageous Christian Father!
Thank you for reading. Please feel free to share and like this blog post.