Sacrifice Our Wants for Others needs Sunday – day where we put our needs aside to help others in need. #SacrificeOurWantsForOthersNeedsSunday
Sacrifice Our Wants for Others Needs Sunday
This is held the fourth Sunday in September. This is a day to put your needs aside and put others needs before your own. Time to help other people out!
Sacrifice: An act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy.
Wants: Have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for.
Needs: Essential or very important. (necessary).
Ways to Give to Others
- Get groceries for some in need.
- Volunteer at a Food Bank, charity or other place.
- Have someone over for dinner or take them that does get out often or needs food.
- Visit an elderly relative in a nursing home.
- Spend time with your children even if you are busy.
- Mow a needy neighbors lawn.
- Donate money to a charity.
- Cook a meal for a sick friend.
- Teach someone a trade or skill.
- The list can go on and on.
I will Call You!
Often when you ask if there is anything people will need they will tell you something like this. “If there is anything I can do, just call.”
Do Unto Others
“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets..” Matthew 7:12
The other thing to think about everything we do and do to each other should be unto the Lord. (Colossians 3:23 and Ephesians 6:7). Plus, remember the Lord says what ever you do or don’t do unto the least of these, you have also done unto Him. We should put our others needs before our own. We are called to service others not our self. Not be selfish etc.