Museum of the Bible To Add A Billy Graham Exhibit – This exhibit will provide a historical examination of the life, work and cultural significance of William Franklin “Billy” Graham Jr. (1918 – 2018), focusing on his use of the Bible in his ministry from the late-1940s through his retirement in 2005. #BillyGraham
Museum of the Bible To Add A Billy Graham Exhibit
Museum of the Bible will host a special temporary exhibit titled Pilgrim Preacher: Billy Graham, the Bible, and the Challenges of the Modern World. The exhibit, made possible with the cooperation of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, opens to the public on Sunday, August 5, 2018 on the museum’s fifth floor and runs through January 27, 2019.
The exhibit will be divided into two sections: The first will examine the development of Graham into a global revivalist, starting with his roots in the American revival tradition and the postwar context of his early ministry, and the second will explore the impact of his work in the realms of religion, society and politics.
Some key features of the exhibit include:
- Original pulpit used during one of Graham’s first major crusades in Modesto, California, 1948
- Original pulpit and sermon notes used during Graham’s final crusade in New York City, 2005
- Sermon notes used during one of Graham’s largest crusades in South Korea, 1973
- Personal Bibles owned by Graham, his mother Morrow and his father Frank
- Original movie posters from Graham’s World Wide Pictures production company
- Rare images taken by Graham’s personal photographer Russ Busby
About Museum of the Bible
Museum of the Bible is an innovative, global, educational institution whose purpose is to invite all people to engage with the history, narrative and impact of the Bible. Admission to the Museum is free with a suggested donation. A fly-through of the Museum is viewable here.
Press Release compliments of DeMoss & Museum of the Bible.
Updated: September 10, 2018 with one photo added.
A Christian Blogger that enjoys blogging about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Family, Cats, Odd Holidays and much more. I have been blogging since 2004, however, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I enjoy listening to Christian Music. I am married with 1 daughter, 2 step-sons and a step daughter.