Stay in the Word to help stay pure
One way that can help you with your purity covenant is to stay in the Word of God. Read your Bible. Study your Bible! Go to Church. Fellowship with other believers. Make friends with the same moral values as you. Pray! Don’t compromise! As my pastor had a recent sermon he said …
If you set your morals and boundaries ahead of time you shouldn’t ver from it. You will know what to do when the heat comes. You will be ready. Surrounding yourself with other believers with same morals will help you stay strong and know that those boundaries will not be crossed.
Remember God always gives us a way out of every situation. He won’t put more than we can handle on us. That is why it is important to stay in the Word to know what to do when situations arise. So make sure you keep the Armor of God on you.
Another thing you can do is watch the type of music you listen to and the movies you watch. Set standards on those too.
Nick Hall on Reset who preached at WinterJam 2013 said it best. He was talking about repenting and giving up stuff and songs can influence us. This is what he said. This can go for your gentlemen too.
“Ladies You Don’t Want Any of That”
- One reason is God told us to wait until we married. That sex outside of the one we are married to is a sin including sex before marriage.
- It will help prevent unplanned per-marital pregnancies.
- Can help eliminate you contracting a sexual transmitted disease (STD).
- Shows true love for your future spouse.
- Shows dedication to your future spouse.
- Shows determination to your future spouse.
- Shows desire for your future spouse.
- Each time you have sex with someone, you become one with that person.
- The greatest gift you can give your future spouse is your purity.
- The list can go on and on
Think of it this way. The Bible says we become one with the person that we have sexual relationship with. It even says in 1 Corinthians 6:16 if you lay down with a prostitute you become one with her. Just like when you get married you become one with your spouse. But just think if they come one with you, they also become one with the other people they have been with. That means you have just came one with everyone they have been with as well and who has been with that person and so on. Wouldn’t you want it to be that you two are the only ones to become one?