20 Reasons When to Keep Your Mouth Shut – Don’t Open Your Mouth! Includes Bible verses too! Plus a printable version.
20 Reasons When to Keep Your Mouth Shut Printable
I saw this on Facebook and had to share with my readers. Plus, I made it into a printable too.
“Whosoever keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from trouble.”Proverbs 21:23
- In the heat of anger. Proverbs 14:17
- When you don’t have all the facts Proverbs 18:13
- When you haven’t verified the story. Deuteronomy 17:6
- If your words will offend a weaker brother. 1 Corinthians 8:11
- If your words will be a proof reflection of the Lord or your friends and family. 1 Peter 2:21-23
- When you are tempted to joke about sin. Proverbs 14:9
- When you would be ashamed of your words later. Proverbs 8:8
- When your tempted to make light of holy things. Ecclesiastes 5:2
- If your words would convey a wrong impression. Proverbs 17:27
- If the issue is none of your business. Proverbs 14:10
- When you are tempted to tell an outright lie. Proverbs 4:24
- If your words will damage someone’s reputation. Proverbs 16:27
- If your words will destroy a friendship. Proverbs 25:28
- When you are feeling critical. James 3:9
- If you can’t speak without yelling. Proverbs 25:28
- When it is time to listen. Proverbs 13:1
- If you may have to eat your words later. Proverbs 18:21
- If you have already said it more than one time (then it becomes nagging) Proverbs 19:13
- When you are tempted to flatter a wicked person. Proverbs 24:24
- When you are suppose to be working instead. Proverbs 14:23
Right Click, Save Link As PDF. The Image above. Or just click on it to open it up.
Check out these post of interest:
Not sure who came up with this list. If someone knows, let me know and I will give credit where credit is due.
First published February 22, 2017. Last updated May 2, 2018.