The Five Commitments of True Love Waits
Below are the five commitments of True Love Waits, as taken from the LifeWay web site.
- To God: Matthew 22:37 – “Jesus replied, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'”
- To yourself: Matthew 22:39 – “And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.'”
- To family: Philippians 4:5 – “Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.”
- To friends: John 15:13 – “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”
- To future mate and children: 2 Timothy 2:22 – “Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
When I first learned of True Love Waits
Fear Not Ring I used as my purity ring.
I committed before my church (Piedmont Baptist) publicly with this decision on April 7, 2013. I also announced a re-dedication to Christ publicly that day and asked for prayers as I study Theology. I want to help with the youth.
I also making this as a public confession before my readers of this Christian blog that I maintain as well. I even got a ring, a purity ring to wear as a covenant to God. My ring says “Fear Not” on the outside and “Josh 1:9” on the inside, meaning Joshua 1:9. Below is that verse from the New King James version …
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
That verse will help me know God is always on my side and I have nothing to fear. I know a lot of other people their rings will say purity rings or even say true love waits like the first image of this blog post. However with mine, I liked it. Fear Not remind me that God is always with me.
Note: After watching this documentary, April 17, 2015, it was the Youth Evangelistic Conference of 1993 that I attended where I learned about True Love Waits and won the t-shirt, because the documentary we watched told us that they presented it to that conference. I remember as a youth in church we would go to that every year.
Part 1 (About & The Pledge)
Part 2 (Five Commitments of True Love Waits & When I First Learned About True Love Waits)
Categories: 1 Corinthians 10 Commandments 2 Timothy Adultery Armor of God Bible Church Family Fruit of the Spirit Galatians Heaven Hell Jesus Christ John Joshua Love Marriage Matthew Notes Piedmont Baptist Church Prayer Purity Relationships Repent Respect Self-Control Sin Study True Love Waits WinterJam Youth Youth Evangelism Conference
My name is Steve Patterson and I am saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. I have been blogging at Courageous Christian Father since 2012, however, I have been blogging since around 2004. I listen to nothing but Christian Music. I work as a graphic designer.