The Five Commitments of True Love Waits
Below are the five commitments of True Love Waits, as taken from the LifeWay web site.
- To God: Matthew 22:37 – “Jesus replied, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'”
- To yourself: Matthew 22:39 – “And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.'”
- To family: Philippians 4:5 – “Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.”
- To friends: John 15:13 – “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”
- To future mate and children: 2 Timothy 2:22 – “Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
When I first learned of True Love Waits
Fear Not Ring I used as my purity ring.
I committed before my church (Piedmont Baptist) publicly with this decision on April 7, 2013. I also announced a re-dedication to Christ publicly that day and asked for prayers as I study Theology. I want to help with the youth.
I also making this as a public confession before my readers of this Christian blog that I maintain as well. I even got a ring, a purity ring to wear as a covenant to God. My ring says “Fear Not” on the outside and “Josh 1:9” on the inside, meaning Joshua 1:9. Below is that verse from the New King James version …
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
That verse will help me know God is always on my side and I have nothing to fear. I know a lot of other people their rings will say purity rings or even say true love waits like the first image of this blog post. However with mine, I liked it. Fear Not remind me that God is always with me.
Note: After watching this documentary, April 17, 2015, it was the Youth Evangelistic Conference of 1993 that I attended where I learned about True Love Waits and won the t-shirt, because the documentary we watched told us that they presented it to that conference. I remember as a youth in church we would go to that every year.