I found a limited time Red Velvet Oreo package. Those Oreos are very yummy. While at work, I shared them with coworkers and one of them said they make oreo balls all the time. I am like oh those sound yummy and remembered that I have had some of the regular Oreo balls before. So I found a recipe from Food.com and changed it some. I know you can make these with the plain or any flavor Oreo package.
This is my first attempt to make these and I wanted to share with you all so you can make these too.
- 1 (16 Oz. Package of Red Velvet Oreos)*
- 1 (8 Oz. Package of Cream Cheese, softened)
- 1 (24 Oz. Package of White or Vanilla Chocolate melts)
- 1 (24 oz. Milk or Dark Chocolate Melts-Optional)
*You can use any flavor Oreo Package that you wish including regular or even generic to save money.
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Hand or Electric Mixer
- Wax Paper
- Cookie Sheets
- Microwave Safe Cup or Bowl to melt chocolates
- Tooth Picks or Fork
- Crush Oreo package in a mixing bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese.
- Mix Oreos and Cream Cheese until well blended.
- Roll mixture into walnut sized balls and place on cookie sheet with a layer of wax paper on top.
- Chill for an hour or two.
- Melt the White Chocolate Melts (I would melt a little at a time)
- Using a tooth pick or a fork poke the Oreo and dip it in the melted white chocolate.
- Allow to harden back on the wax paper.
- Optional Melt the Chocolate or Dark Chocolate melts and use it to drizzle on top of the finished Oreo Ball with the white chocolate.
- Allow them to harden for a little while longer.
- Now you can Enjoy these Red Velvet Oreo Balls and also remember to share them with friends, coworkers, family, neighbors or even at a church luncheon.
- Cut tiny slit out of a sandwich bag and put the melted chocolate melts inside it and use it to drizzle on the top of the Oreo Balls.
- The Red Velvet Oreo’s are a limited time product. Product may vary at your store. I hope that Oreo will keep this product out.
- I found it easier to take a spoon and drip the melted white chocolate on the Oreo balls, instead of trying to dip them. Dipping them dyed the white chocolate a pink tint.
- These are rich! You may want to have a glass of milk ready to drink.
- You may want to have another package of white chocolate melts to full coat them.
- I did find they are more richer in taste with more white chocolate. They weren’t as rich tasting with half of them done or lightly done.
#OreoBalls #RedVelvet #Recipes
I enjoy listening to nothing but Christian Music. Camping and hiking is something that I enjoy. I guess that is because I am an Eagle Scout. Blogging is something I enjoy doing too. I have been blogging since 2004. However, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I am married with 1 daughter and 2 step-sons and a step daughter.