Drivers Ed – What I remember about it today. What do you remember most about Drivers Ed, Porter’s Tire posted on their Facebook wall. I remember a few things about my Drivers Education Class in high school.
Drivers Ed – What I remember about it today
1. I was in the 9th Grade. I was the only Freshman in the class.
2. I took it the second half of the year.
3. It was a 7:30 a.m. class, a class before school started.
4. I remember the simulators, it was old school film projector. It didn’t work much, but you had to drive along with the screen, it was like today with virtual reality. (It looked maybe similar to this picture I found, but our was in a portable trailer and not a classroom).
The teacher could tell if we were just goofing off, using the turning signal, gas petal, brake, etc.. from his station in the back of the trailer.
5. The first teacher I had, made us drive in the near by cemetery. However, he left working sometime in the term at the high school and I had to change when I took it. So I had to drop my Freshman Vocational Rotation (where you went through all the different vocations).
6. I then had it during lunch. So we got to go to different drive thru places.
Sadly, they do not offer this any more in most schools. It is something I believe that is much needed.
What do you remember from your Drivers Ed class?
Feel free to share in the comments below.
I enjoy listening to nothing but Christian Music. Camping and hiking is something that I enjoy. I guess that is because I am an Eagle Scout. Blogging is something I enjoy doing too. I have been blogging since 2004. However, I have been blogging on Courageous Christian Father since 2012. I am married with 1 daughter and 2 step-sons and a step daughter.