We Salute Our Veterans!
I would like to take this time to honor and salute all the many men and women in our country who has severed to help keep our freedoms that we have in America. These men and women take time away from their lives, their family and more to serve the our country. Thanks for all that you have done to make sure that our freedoms stay in tact.
Facts about Veterans Day
- November 11, 1918, 97 years ago is when the final fighting stopped in the war to end all wars from World War I.1
- Armistice Day, Remembrance Day and Veterans Day share the same day for a holiday.2
- Armistice Day became known as Veterans Day by Eisenhower in 1954.1 & 2
- Veterans Day is a Federal Holiday.1
- The Birth of the United States Marine Corp (USMC) occurred November 10, 1775.1
Ways to Show Your Support
- If you know of a Veteran tell him or her thank you.
- Greenlight a Veteran
- Mention it on Social Media
- Blog about Veterans Day
- Visit a VA Hospital and tell the men and women thank you for your service.
- Volunteer at the VA Hospitals.
- Volunteer at other activities that honor veterans
If I see a person with a veteran hat on when I am out and about I will go up to them and personally thank them for their service to our country. I do the same thing to police officers and firemen, etc.