Take home a soldier – Using plastic toy soldiers as a reminder to pray for them. (Please take a solider home and place it somewhere that will remind you to PRAY for our men and women serving our country!)
Take home a soldier
I saw this Pray for our soldiers box on Facebook. I am not sure where it came from or who done this. But I do like this and think it is a good idea. This picture has a suitcase full of these army men. I remember as a child playing these army men. They are not expensive army men either.
There is a picture that says …
Please take a soldier home and place it somewhere that will remind you to pray for our men and women serving our country!
We do need to remember to pray for our men and women who are fighting for our country to continue to give us the freedoms we do have. You might not like the reason they are fighting, but they are there to help make sure we stay free in this country. We need to pray for them daily for their safety and thanking them for their service. Some men and women don’t get to make it home! We honor these men and women on Memorial Day. Then those that do get to make it home, we honor on Veterans Day.
I always say thank you to a veteran I see wearing a veteran hat. Not to mention, I let them know I am thankful for their service to our country. I encourage you to do the same. I even do this to firemen and police officers. There are many other ways to show military appreciation too!
This would be a great idea to put up at your church, your local ministry or just anywhere.
A great way to help us remember to pray for those who is away from their family, friends, church and more to protect our country to help keep our freedom. Maybe you put this Take home a soldier idea at your church, business or ministry office.
Take home a soldier looks very easy to make. Just take an old suitcase or the like. You can make your own sign on what to do. Those army men usually are rather cheap too.
I am sure if you could find firemen and policemen like these army men, you could incorporate also for praying for our firemen, firewomen, policemen and policewomen too.
If anyone knows who this belongs to, please let me know so I can give proper credit where credit is due.Please take a soldier home and place it somewhere that will remind you to pray for our men and women serving our country Click To Tweet
Laurie Boyd shared this on Facebook and gave me permission to share the post and the two photos below. (Maryville, TN)
We had an AWESOME experience today!
We went into Maryville DQ. On the counter was a little toy soldier. I told the server …..That’s not my soldier. He said …..it’s not….. a gentleman…. a regular………retired Air Force man asked if he could leave this on the counter. I read it and told him we pray for our soldiers all the time. We told him about our son n law ❤️ and how he just left for a TDY to Alaska. We told him we were getting ready to head south to visit the daughter and grand babies and help out with a few things. He said he too was thinking about going into the military. We sat down to eat our ice cream and about 5 min. later a different man comes over and says I understand your SNL just went into the Air Force We explained he had been in the Air Force for over 15 years but had just left for Alaska. He wanted us to thank MSgt. Zak for his service. ❤️. He too was retired from the Air Force. All this conversation and encouragement over one little toy soldier with a very special tag attached to it. Thank you sir for taking the time to drop off the toy soldier. Please share this so that we never forget the sacrifices the soldiers AND their family’s make every day. Oh and one more very important thing…….please pray for our soldiers. 🙏🏻
PLEASE place me somewhere to remind you to PRAY for our service MEN and WOMEN!
First published May 30, 2016. Last updated or republished April 26, 2021. Amazon Affiliate used.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Do not change God’s message church signDo not change God’s message church sign - This church sign from Tusculum Baptist Church in Tusculum, TN. Do not change God’s message church sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Do not change God’s message church sign ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- Piedmont General Store Barn Quilt
- Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison SumacPoison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac #PoisonIvy #PoisonOak #PoisonSumac Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Happy Father’s DayHappy Father's Day! I share about the brief history of this day. I even share some much read Father related blog post. #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #Father #Dad #Daddy Happy Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Father’s Day ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Aluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes coolaluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes cool. When the temperatures rise method can help keep your home cooler. #aluminumfoil #blackoutwindows Aluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes cool appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Aluminum foil… Read more »
- Dad sayingsDad sayings - when certain situations arise … here are some common sayings that dads say. Dadisms #dadisms #dadsayings #dad Dad sayings appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Dad sayings ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Where to donate your extra crafting suppliesSteve Sews Stuff Where to donate your extra crafting supplies - do you have craft supplies you no longer want and want to get rid of them with out filling the landfill? Here is a list of places to donate them. Where to donate your extra crafting supplies appeared first… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner