Take home a soldier – Using plastic toy soldiers as a reminder to pray for them. (Please take a solider home and place it somewhere that will remind you to PRAY for our men and women serving our country!)
Take home a soldier
I saw this Pray for our soldiers box on Facebook. I am not sure where it came from or who done this. But I do like this and think it is a good idea. This picture has a suitcase full of these army men. I remember as a child playing these army men. They are not expensive army men either.
There is a picture that says …
Please take a soldier home and place it somewhere that will remind you to pray for our men and women serving our country!
We do need to remember to pray for our men and women who are fighting for our country to continue to give us the freedoms we do have. You might not like the reason they are fighting, but they are there to help make sure we stay free in this country. We need to pray for them daily for their safety and thanking them for their service. Some men and women don’t get to make it home! We honor these men and women on Memorial Day. Then those that do get to make it home, we honor on Veterans Day.
I always say thank you to a veteran I see wearing a veteran hat. Not to mention, I let them know I am thankful for their service to our country. I encourage you to do the same. I even do this to firemen and police officers. There are many other ways to show military appreciation too!
This would be a great idea to put up at your church, your local ministry or just anywhere.
A great way to help us remember to pray for those who is away from their family, friends, church and more to protect our country to help keep our freedom. Maybe you put this Take home a soldier idea at your church, business or ministry office.
Take home a soldier looks very easy to make. Just take an old suitcase or the like. You can make your own sign on what to do. Those army men usually are rather cheap too.
I am sure if you could find firemen and policemen like these army men, you could incorporate also for praying for our firemen, firewomen, policemen and policewomen too.
If anyone knows who this belongs to, please let me know so I can give proper credit where credit is due.Please take a soldier home and place it somewhere that will remind you to pray for our men and women serving our country Click To Tweet
Laurie Boyd shared this on Facebook and gave me permission to share the post and the two photos below. (Maryville, TN)
We had an AWESOME experience today!
We went into Maryville DQ. On the counter was a little toy soldier. I told the server …..That’s not my soldier. He said …..it’s not….. a gentleman…. a regular………retired Air Force man asked if he could leave this on the counter. I read it and told him we pray for our soldiers all the time. We told him about our son n law ❤️ and how he just left for a TDY to Alaska. We told him we were getting ready to head south to visit the daughter and grand babies and help out with a few things. He said he too was thinking about going into the military. We sat down to eat our ice cream and about 5 min. later a different man comes over and says I understand your SNL just went into the Air Force We explained he had been in the Air Force for over 15 years but had just left for Alaska. He wanted us to thank MSgt. Zak for his service. ❤️. He too was retired from the Air Force. All this conversation and encouragement over one little toy soldier with a very special tag attached to it. Thank you sir for taking the time to drop off the toy soldier. Please share this so that we never forget the sacrifices the soldiers AND their family’s make every day. Oh and one more very important thing…….please pray for our soldiers. 🙏🏻
PLEASE place me somewhere to remind you to PRAY for our service MEN and WOMEN!
First published May 30, 2016. Last updated or republished April 26, 2021. Amazon Affiliate used.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- Former Satanist Warns About the Dangers of HalloweenFormer Satanist Warns About the Dangers of Halloween. John Ramirez, who used to be a high-ranking priest within the Satanic Temple before miraculously having his heart opened to the Gospel, shares the story of his personal involvement with satanism and celebrating Halloween in order to warn parents of its dangers.… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner
- Linking & Sharing
- About Steve Patterson
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Guest Bloggers
- Submit Christian News
- Raptured Blog Post
- Media Kit
- Blog Awards Won
- PR Friendly