I share reasons why to not play the lotto and I also share Bible Verses that may help as well. With the Powerball reaching a record breaking 1.5 billion, you will find people flocking to buy a lotto ticket to try their luck at winning.
As a Christian we should avoid playing the lotto, casinos, etc. Here are some reasons to avoid the lotto and even casinos.
Lotto: Why Not To Play
- If you win the lotto, you more than likely won’t rely on God to provide your needs any more.
- It can spiritually bankrupt you. (Mark 8:36-27)
- Misusing the money that God gave you, bad stewardship, misuse of His money.
- Lotto Pries on the poor and will make the poor poorer, you will keep buying tickets after tickets.
- Odds of winning the lotto are very, very slim.
- The lotto banks on people losing.
- People will buy lotto tickets over buying food, diapers, medicine and stuff for the family and children.
- Huge taxes are taken out of it.
- People will only want you around because you have money, but once you blow that money, they will be gone.
- It is addictive.
- Seeking huge financial gain is seeking the World and not your heavenly treasures. (Matthew 6:20)
- Seeking to win shows greed, lust of money
- Money doesn’t buy happiness.
- Easier to fall into temptation. (See 1 Timothy 6:9-10)
- Could lose your own soul over the money if you won. (See Mark 8:36-37)
- Easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven. (see Matthew 19:24)
- It can damage your family.
- Make lotto tickets take over priorities over our needs.
- Love of money is the root of all evil. (See 1 Timothy 6:9-10)
- Everyone and there brother, will contact you asking you to donate your lotto winnings.
Here are some Bible verses for you.
1 Timothy 6:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
Mark 8:36-37 King James Version (KJV)
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 19:24 King James Version (KJV)
And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Matthew 16:26 King James Version (KJV)
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 25:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
Luke 16:19-31 King James Version (KJV)
The story of the Rich Man in Hell
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
#Lotto #Lottery #PowerBall
More reasons and Bible verses may be add at a later day. Check back often.
If you know of other reasons why not to play the lotto, feel free to share in the comment sections.