World MS Day – MS is short for Multiple Sclerosis. This day is a day to help raise awareness of MS. #WorldMSDay #MSDay #MSConnections
Held annually on May 30th. MS hits close to home. My sister had Multiple Sclerosis (MS). She has passed away now.
The MS campaign for 2020-22 is MS Connections
The campaign tagline is ‘I Connect, We Connect’ and the campaign hashtag is #MSConnections
The 2019 campaign was #MyInvisibleMS
The 2018 campaign was #bringinguscloser
(Check out that poster, below)
Per World MS Day website, worldmsday.org, this is what MS is.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is one of the most common neurological disorders and causes of disability in young adults.
There are 2.3 million people with MS worldwide. It is likely that hundreds of thousands more remain undiagnosed and many lives are affected indirectly, through caring for someone with MS.
Most people with MS are diagnosed between the ages of 25 and 31, with around twice as many women diagnosed than men.
The cause of MS is not yet known and as yet there is no cure, though there are treatments available that can help some forms of MS and many things you can do to improve the symptoms.
Shine a Light on MS
There are many places shining a light on MS. They will light up the color orange!
History of MS
- 1868 – Multiple sclerosis is first defined as a medical condition – “la sclérose en plaques” by French neurologist Jean-martin Charcoat.
- 1967 – Sylvia Lawry, founder of the world’s first MS organization, the USA’s National MS Society, establishes the MS International Federation (MSIF).
- 1981 – The first MRI scans of people with MS enabled doctors to see the complex effects of MS on the brain.
- 1993 – The first country approves the first ever disease-modifying treatment for relapsing MS, designed to reduce relapses and slow disease progression.
- 2009 – The very first World MS Day celebrated.
- 2017 – The World’s first treatment for primary progressive MS is approved in several countries.
First published May 30, 2018. Last updated or republished May 20, 2021.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Do not change God’s message church signDo not change God’s message church sign - This church sign from Tusculum Baptist Church in Tusculum, TN. Do not change God’s message church sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Do not change God’s message church sign ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- Piedmont General Store Barn Quilt
- Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison SumacPoison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac #PoisonIvy #PoisonOak #PoisonSumac Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Happy Father’s DayHappy Father's Day! I share about the brief history of this day. I even share some much read Father related blog post. #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #Father #Dad #Daddy Happy Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Father’s Day ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Aluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes coolaluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes cool. When the temperatures rise method can help keep your home cooler. #aluminumfoil #blackoutwindows Aluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes cool appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Aluminum foil… Read more »
- Dad sayingsDad sayings - when certain situations arise … here are some common sayings that dads say. Dadisms #dadisms #dadsayings #dad Dad sayings appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Dad sayings ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Where to donate your extra crafting suppliesSteve Sews Stuff Where to donate your extra crafting supplies - do you have craft supplies you no longer want and want to get rid of them with out filling the landfill? Here is a list of places to donate them. Where to donate your extra crafting supplies appeared first… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner