World MS Day – MS is short for Multiple Sclerosis. This day is a day to help raise awareness of MS. #WorldMSDay #MSDay #MSConnections
Held annually on May 30th. MS hits close to home. My sister had Multiple Sclerosis (MS). She has passed away now.
The MS campaign for 2020-22 is MS Connections
The campaign tagline is ‘I Connect, We Connect’ and the campaign hashtag is #MSConnections
The 2019 campaign was #MyInvisibleMS
The 2018 campaign was #bringinguscloser
(Check out that poster, below)
Per World MS Day website, worldmsday.org, this is what MS is.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is one of the most common neurological disorders and causes of disability in young adults.
There are 2.3 million people with MS worldwide. It is likely that hundreds of thousands more remain undiagnosed and many lives are affected indirectly, through caring for someone with MS.
Most people with MS are diagnosed between the ages of 25 and 31, with around twice as many women diagnosed than men.
The cause of MS is not yet known and as yet there is no cure, though there are treatments available that can help some forms of MS and many things you can do to improve the symptoms.
Shine a Light on MS
There are many places shining a light on MS. They will light up the color orange!
History of MS
- 1868 – Multiple sclerosis is first defined as a medical condition – “la sclérose en plaques” by French neurologist Jean-martin Charcoat.
- 1967 – Sylvia Lawry, founder of the world’s first MS organization, the USA’s National MS Society, establishes the MS International Federation (MSIF).
- 1981 – The first MRI scans of people with MS enabled doctors to see the complex effects of MS on the brain.
- 1993 – The first country approves the first ever disease-modifying treatment for relapsing MS, designed to reduce relapses and slow disease progression.
- 2009 – The very first World MS Day celebrated.
- 2017 – The World’s first treatment for primary progressive MS is approved in several countries.
Neurofibromatosis (NF) is another neurological disorder, which is what I have, my mom, uncle and some cousins, etc.
First published May 30, 2018. Last updated or republished May 20, 2021.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- A-Z of ThanksgivingA-Z of Thanksgiving a list of things Thanksgiving from A to Z. #Thanksgiving A-Z of Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Thanksgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- A-Z of HalloweenA-Z of Halloween this is a list of things Halloween from A-Z. #halloween A-Z of Halloween appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Halloween ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- Why do we say trick or treatWhy do we say trick or treat - Kids and adults alike cry out "trick or treat" at each house they visit. Many utter this familiar phrase without a second thought and may have no idea how this familiar custom came to be. #halloween #trickortreat #tricksortreats Why do we say… Read more »
- Bring Your Bible to School DayBring Your Bible to School Day - Students, mark your calendar for Bring your Bible to School Day. Tell your friends, family and everyone! Share this blog post so others will know about it too. Do you know that what you bring to school says a lot about you. You… Read more »
- Where were you when the world stop turning that September Day?Where were you when the world stop turning that September day? That day America was attacked by terrorist. 9/11 We will never forget. #PatriotDay #911 #September11 Where were you when the world stop turning that September Day? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Where were… Read more »
- Read through the Bible PlanRead through the Bible Plan - a YouVersion Bible App reading plan that will allow you to read the whole bible in one year. #YouVersion Read through the Bible Plan appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Read through the Bible Plan ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Nobody obeys the speed limitNobody obeys the speed limit - You can go 35 mph in the school now and people still swing by here. You can go 45 mph instructions on and still be home in by two. #speed #speeding #speedlimit Nobody obeys the speed limit appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
- International Talk Like a Pirate DayCap'n ChristianBlogR says take the family out for some free fish or chicken & free donuts! Share some Bible Stories of the Sea on International Talk Like A Pirate Day. #ITLAPD2017 #TalkLikeAPirateDay #PirateDay #TalkLikeAPirateDay #LJPirateDay #KKPirateDay #ITLAPD #Pirate International Talk Like a Pirate Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- CPR acronymCPR acronym - a Christian acronym for CPR. #CPR CPR acronym appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at CPR acronym ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!