World MS Day – MS is short for Multiple Sclerosis. This day is a day to help raise awareness of MS. #WorldMSDay #MSDay #MSConnections
Held annually on May 30th. MS hits close to home. My sister had Multiple Sclerosis (MS). She has passed away now.
The MS campaign for 2020-22 is MS Connections
The campaign tagline is ‘I Connect, We Connect’ and the campaign hashtag is #MSConnections
The 2019 campaign was #MyInvisibleMS
The 2018 campaign was #bringinguscloser
(Check out that poster, below)
Per World MS Day website, worldmsday.org, this is what MS is.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is one of the most common neurological disorders and causes of disability in young adults.
There are 2.3 million people with MS worldwide. It is likely that hundreds of thousands more remain undiagnosed and many lives are affected indirectly, through caring for someone with MS.
Most people with MS are diagnosed between the ages of 25 and 31, with around twice as many women diagnosed than men.
The cause of MS is not yet known and as yet there is no cure, though there are treatments available that can help some forms of MS and many things you can do to improve the symptoms.
Shine a Light on MS
There are many places shining a light on MS. They will light up the color orange!
History of MS
- 1868 – Multiple sclerosis is first defined as a medical condition – “la sclérose en plaques” by French neurologist Jean-martin Charcoat.
- 1967 – Sylvia Lawry, founder of the world’s first MS organization, the USA’s National MS Society, establishes the MS International Federation (MSIF).
- 1981 – The first MRI scans of people with MS enabled doctors to see the complex effects of MS on the brain.
- 1993 – The first country approves the first ever disease-modifying treatment for relapsing MS, designed to reduce relapses and slow disease progression.
- 2009 – The very first World MS Day celebrated.
- 2017 – The World’s first treatment for primary progressive MS is approved in several countries.
Neurofibromatosis (NF) is another neurological disorder, which is what I have, my mom, uncle and some cousins, etc.
First published May 30, 2018. Last updated or republished May 20, 2021.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »
- Twas the Day After Bible School PrintableTwas the Day After Bible School Printable - Here is a free printable about a poem about the day after Vacation Bible School. This talks about the day after Vacation Bible School is done. I also make up a printable version too. #VBS #VacationBibleSchool Twas the Day After Bible School… Read more »
- A-Z of Father’s DayA-Z of Father's Day - An A to Z list of things related to Father's Day and/or being a Dad. #FathersDay A-Z of Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Father’s Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music WorkaroundAlexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround - Get tired of Alexa not dismissing playing music? Here is one workaround. #Alexa #EchoDot Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Happy Memorial DayHappy Memorial Day! Thank you to those men and women who died to protect our freedoms. Plus. Special shoutout to One that shed His blood for our ultimate freedom ... Jesus! #MemorialDay Happy Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Memorial Day ©2004-2021… Read more »
- SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews StuffSteve Sews Stuff SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff - Steve shares stuff he sews such as face masks, zipper clutches, pocket tissue holders and much more. Plus Steve is learning how to quilt and will share that experience too. #Quilt #Sewing SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff… Read more »
- Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaningLeaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning - Have you ever seen coins on a gravestone. I’m talking about pennies nickels dimes and quarters. Have you ever wondered what they meant? Each coin has a significant meaning. Includes FREE printable version! Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning… Read more »
- 3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables3 Hidden Books of the Bible Games Free Printables - Are three printables great for your youth group, Vacation Bible School and small groups, etc. Try to find the hidden Bible Books of the Bible in a paragraph or two of words. #HiddenBooks #HiddenBooksBible #HiddenBooksoftheBible #FreePrintables 3 Hidden Books of… Read more »
- How Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each otherHow Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each other - Memorial Day and Veterans Day each honor the military, though the two holidays are not the same. This blog post will tell you what those differences are. How Memorial Day and Veterans Day differ from each other appeared first… Read more »
- The Pledge of AllegianceThe Pledge of Allegiance. One Nation Under God. A patriotic pledge that is often recited during VBS, Boy Scout Meetings, Schools and more. Free Printable version too! The Pledge of Allegiance appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Pledge of Allegiance ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!