World NF Awareness Day & Month – This is an awareness day that hits very close to home as I have Neurofibromatosis (NF). My mother, uncle, and cousins have NF. Some cities are gonna Shine A Light on NF on this day. #EndNF #WorldNFDay #Neurofibromatosis
World NF Awareness Day & Month
NF stands for Neurofibromatosis. NF runs in my family including myself, my mom, uncle, and cousins on my mom’s side. This day is celebrated each year on May 17. Each May is known as NF Awareness Month (Neurofibromatosis Awareness Month) by The Children’s Tumor Foundation.
One purpose of this awareness day is that many medics, politicians, and other healthcare professionals have never heard of the condition.
Children’s Tumor Foundation Announces World NF Awareness Day For 2 Million People Around the Globe
On May 17, hundreds of landmarks around the world will “Shine a Light on NF” to raise awareness for genetic disorder that causes tumors and has no cure at this time
The Children’s Tumor Foundation is pleased to announce that in recognition of NF Awareness Month architectural icons across the globe will show their support in the fight against neurofibromatosis (NF) by lighting up in blue and green, the official colors of the NF cause. NF is a genetic disorder that affects 1 in 3,000 births of all populations and causes tumors to grow on nerves throughout the body. It can lead to blindness, deafness, bone abnormalities, disfigurement, learning disabilities, disabling pain, and cancer. There is not yet a cure.
Launched by the Children’s Tumor Foundation in 2014 to increase public knowledge of this critical disease, the Shine a Light on NF campaign has grown substantially over the years. Once again, the Children’s Tumor Foundation is partnering with NF organizations across the globe to increase the number of architectural icons that light up, as well as to extend the reach of the NF campaign globally.
“NF Awareness Month is a time when the NF community unites as one voice, and we’re inspired by everyone’s commitment and partnership in our mission to end NF, the Children’s Tumor Foundation is grateful to all involved in this year’s NF awareness campaign – patients, doctors, researchers, volunteers, donors, corporations, organizations, and local governments.”Simon Vukelj, Vice President, Marketing and Communications, of the Children’s Tumor FoundationTrending
Shine a Light on NF is one part of a month-long awareness campaign that is comprised of online and offline events designed to educate the community about this under-recognized genetic disorder. The Children’s Tumor Foundation leads this effort with the “#EndNF” and “I Know a Fighter” initiatives. In addition, events are held in cities across the country and around the world to raise awareness, raise money for research, and connect the NF community.
The Children’s Tumor Foundation is committed to finding effective treatments for the millions of people worldwide living with neurofibromatosis. In addition to benefitting those who live with NF, this research is shedding new light on several forms of cancer, brain tumors, bone abnormalities, and learning disabilities, ultimately benefiting the broader community.
For more information on the Children’s Tumor Foundation, as well as all the NF Awareness Month campaign initiatives, please visit www.ctf.org/nfawareness.
Shine A Light on NF is back for World NF Awareness Day
If you or your child has NF feel free to join the NF Registry.
You can learn more about NF at EndNF.com
Check out the End NF Car in Corbin, KY.
About Children’s Tumor Foundation
The Children’s Tumor Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to finding effective treatments for the millions of people worldwide living with neurofibromatosis (NF), a term for three distinct disorders: NF1, NF2, and schwannomatosis. NF causes tumors to grow on nerves throughout the body and may lead to blindness, deafness, bone abnormalities, disfigurement, learning disabilities, disabling pain, and cancer. NF affects 1 in every 3,000 births across all populations equally. There is no cure yet – but the Children’s Tumor Foundation mission of driving research, expanding knowledge, and advancing care for the NF community fosters our vision of one day ending NF. For more information, please visit www.ctf.org.
Info from Press Releases and other NF Related Websites – First Published May 14, 2018. Last updated or republished May 12, 2022.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Ten Years Blogging at CourageousChristianFather.comTen Years Blogging at CourageousChristianFather.com - I’ve been blogging since around 2004, so a good 18 years, but I have been blogging on this domain since 2012, 10 years now! I call my blogging anniversary my blogaversary, a play on words. #blogaversary #bloganniversary Ten Years Blogging at CourageousChristianFather.com appeared first… Read more »
- World Teachers DayWorld Teachers Day - A day to honor teachers world wide. Also known as International Teachers Day #WorldTeachersDay #TeachersDay World Teachers Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at World Teachers Day ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father -… Read more »
- Christian Blogger DayChristian Blogger Day - This day is for all of those who are a Christian Blogger to show case their Christian Blog. #ChristianBloggerDay Christian Blogger Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Christian Blogger Day ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner