TDH Launches Emergency Alert Decal for Children with Special Needs – The Tennessee Department of Health launched a new set of resources available for families who have children and youth with special health care needs. The Emergency Alert Decals provide a visual aid to alert emergency personnel of the presence of a child or youth with special health care needs. #autism #autismawareness
TDH Launches Emergency Alert Decal for Children with Special Needs
The Emergency Alert Decal will be available as a magnet or sticker to alert first responders, law enforcement and other emergency personnel that there is a special needs child or youth in the home or vehicle and communicate the need for additional assistance for a child or youth with disabilities in an emergency situation.
“In the midst of an emergency, it can be critical for a first responder to have immediate awareness of special assistance or medical attention needed to assist a child or youth with special health care needs, Providing this aid to both families and first responders will help to support families and ensure appropriate actions are taken in an emergency for the safety of those involved.”Tennessee Department of Health Deputy Commissioner for Population Health Morgan McDonald, MD, FACP, FAAP
TDH will be coordinating with partners including health care providers, community advocates, and first responders to distribute the emergency alert resources. Families can place the decal on the front window of their home and the magnet on the rear bumper of their vehicle. The decals will allow families to note information about their child or youth such as medical needs, calming methods, and emergency contacts.
More information about the CYSHCN program and the Emergency Alert Decal can be found online at https://www.tn.gov/health/health-program-areas/mch-cyshcn.html.
The mission of the Tennessee Department of Health is to protect, promote and improve the health and prosperity of people in Tennessee. Learn more about TDH services and programs at www.tn.gov/health.
Autism Awareness Related Blog Posts
- Adult Autism Awareness Day
- Autistic Pride Day
- Autism Sunday
- Blue Halloween Candy Buckets for Autism
- World Autism Awareness Day
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- The Hidden Meaning of the 12 Days of Christmas (Free Printable)
- 24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge - This Bible reading challenge is great for Christmas time. Simply read one chapter of Luke per day for 24 days starting on December 1st. Then when Christmas comes you have read about the Life of Christ! #bgbg2 #Luke #GospelofLuke 24 Day Gospel of… Read more »
- It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really MeansXmas! It's Merry Christmas! But do you really know what is meant by using the Term Merry XMas? Maybe even what the letter X is in Greek or even what the labarum or Chi-Rho is? #Christmas #Xmas #XP #XT #labarum, #ChiRho It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really Means… Read more »
- Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game ShowSteve Sews Stuff Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show - these sewing items are in a stack and players take turns pulling them without having the stack fall. #thefinalstraw #sewing Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn QuiltSteve Sews Stuff I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt #barnquilt This barn quilt is exactly at mile marker 54 on Interstate 81 South in Tennessee. This is in the Jonesborough, Falls Branch, Kingsport area. I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner