Penny Gospel – Using a Penny to Share the Gospel. Did you know you can share the gospel using a penny? That’s right that one-cent coin that people just toss out, you can use to share the gospel with it! #PennyGospel
Penny Gospel – Using a Penny to Share the Gospel
I have included a free printable version of this below.
How it works …
1. Take one penny and hand it to one person
You will need a United States Penny to do this.
2. Ask the person what does it say across the top?
It says In God We Trust!
In God We Trust is a statement of faith about what our country was founded on. We must have trust in God!
3. Now Ask … What is the word behind Mr. Lincoln’s head?
That word you are looking for is Liberty. Liberty is another word for freedom. Jesus Christ is the one who can give us that freedom.
4. Point out the penny only has one date.
The penny is not saved. If it was saved, it would have been born again, giving it two dates. Born once and you die two deaths, physical and spiritual … But if you are born twice, physical and again in Jesus you will only die once and then spend eternity in Heaven.Penny Gospel – Using a Penny to Share the Gospel. Did you know you can share the gospel using a penny? #PennyGospel Click To Tweet
5. Turn the Penny Over
6. Point out the “E. Pluribus Unum” and ask do you know what it means?
It’s actually Latin for “One of Many”. Matthew 24 tells us many will come claiming they are of the way (followers of Christ).
7. Now look toward the bottom of the penny, what does it say?
It says “One Cent”. Just “One” was sent from the “God We Trust” to give us “Liberty” from our sins through His son Jesus Christ. Allowing us a “Second birth” and eternity in Heaven. You can also state there is only ONE God and ONE way to Heaven!
8. Point out the penny is round.
A penny is round showing that God has no beginning and no end . He is eternal and He made us like Him to bring us into eternity according to His conditions.
Thank you Margaret Greene for adding the penny is round to this presentation.
9. Give the Penny to the person
Give the penny to the person as a reminder of the free gift of salvation that is only available from Jesus. Also note, in order for a gift to do you any good, you must receive it. So put this penny in your pocket and anytime you see a penny remember the gift …
The Gift that Jesus gave for us…
Anything I should add to sharing the gospel with a penny?
Feel free to share in the comments below. I just might update this printable and add that point to it.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Pocket Tissue Holders Make Great Stocking Stuffers
- Scrooge, An Example of a New Creation
- The Hidden Meaning of the 12 Days of Christmas (Free Printable)
- 24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge - This Bible reading challenge is great for Christmas time. Simply read one chapter of Luke per day for 24 days starting on December 1st. Then when Christmas comes you have read about the Life of Christ! #bgbg2 #Luke #GospelofLuke 24 Day Gospel of… Read more »
- It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really MeansXmas! It's Merry Christmas! But do you really know what is meant by using the Term Merry XMas? Maybe even what the letter X is in Greek or even what the labarum or Chi-Rho is? #Christmas #Xmas #XP #XT #labarum, #ChiRho It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really Means… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner