May is Mental Health Awareness Month – You Can Have a #RealConvo with Me. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is focusing their attention on having a #RealConvo about mental health. They learned through a recent Harris Poll that 89 percent of people believe that mental health is just as important as physical health. Despite this, many people don’t know how to have a conversation about it.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month
You Can Have a #RealConvo with Me
This awareness month has been observed in May in the United States since 1949.
May of 2018, they launched a social media campaign encouraging people to talk about mental health.
For May is Mental Health Awareness Month they are asking for your help. Please share a picture of yourself on social media (Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram) holding up a sign that says, “You Can Have a #RealConvo with Me.” Tag @AFSPNational and use the dedicated hashtag #RealConvo.
They may have wanted this done on May 16th, but this still can be done anytime!
You may also add a caption that includes a personal story of why the subject is important to you, such as:
- We all have mental health. Let’s have a #RealConvo about it!
- I lost my best friend to suicide. It’s so important to have a #RealConvo about mental health.
- If you’re struggling with your mental health, you can count on me to have a #RealConvo.
They hope you’ll lend your voice to this important campaign. By sharing this message, and encouraging others to do so, you will make an enormous impact.
For more resources on how to have a #RealConvo, visit afsp.org/mentalhealth.
First published May 17, 2018. Last updated or republished May 5, 2021.
If you are in crisis, please call the
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or
contact the Crisis Text Line by
texting TALK to 741741.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- 24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge
- It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really MeansXmas! It's Merry Christmas! But do you really know what is meant by using the Term Merry XMas? Maybe even what the letter X is in Greek or even what the labarum or Chi-Rho is? #Christmas #Xmas #XP #XT #labarum, #ChiRho It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really Means… Read more »
- Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game ShowSteve Sews Stuff Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show - these sewing items are in a stack and players take turns pulling them without having the stack fall. #thefinalstraw #sewing Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn QuiltSteve Sews Stuff I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt #barnquilt This barn quilt is exactly at mile marker 54 on Interstate 81 South in Tennessee. This is in the Jonesborough, Falls Branch, Kingsport area. I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- Happy ThanksgivingFrom Courageous Christian Father and my family to yours. I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Give God thanks for what you have and what you don't have. #thanksgiving #HappyThanksgiving Happy Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Thanksgiving ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner