The Pledge of Allegiance. One Nation Under God. A patriotic pledge that is often recited during Vacation Bible School (VBS), Boy Scout Meetings, Schools and more. #PledgeofAllegiance
The Pledge of Allegiance
So I am going to share with the The Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag. Sometimes known as the Pledge to the American Flag.
Notice Under God!
See note below about that too!
Right click to save or download the The Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag Printable.
The Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
“I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
As a child, I grew up saying this in school and even Vacation Bible School at church. Recited in the Boy Scouts of America too. There are many places this pledge is recited.
The Pledge of Allegiance, spoken with everyone that is able stands and spoken with their hand over their heart. Some will do a salute, like the in the military or Boys Scouts.
Pledge of Allegiance Day
September 8, 1892 is when the Pledge of Allegiance was first put into print. With that being said each year on September 8th is National Pledge of Allegiance Day. However, I did find that Congress formally recognized the Pledge of Allegiance on December 28, 1945. So this day is held twice a year, September 8th and December 28th.
Colors of the American Flag
The American Flag is Red, White and Blue. It has 13 Stripes for the 13 original colonies. The stripes are red and white. 7 Red stripes and 6 white stripes. There is blue square, called a canton, as mentioned in The Pledge to the Christian Flag, at the top corner with 50 white stars that represent the 50 states.
According to Rhapsody in Books Weblog, The words “under God” were added by Congress on June 14, 1954, in response to the anti-Communist opinion sweeping the country during the Cold War.
Check out these blog post on All Things Color …
You see this flag flown at camps, with the military, at churches, at schools and all over the United States and even other countries.
Not to mention, The American Flag is a symbol of freedom! Many men and women have fought under our flag for our freedoms we have here in America.
It is also called the American Flag. Check out American Flag Etiquette.
These Pledges are also recited during Vacation Bible School
First published May 29, 2015. Last republished or updated May 23, 2021.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- The Hidden Meaning of the 12 Days of Christmas (Free Printable)
- 24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge - This Bible reading challenge is great for Christmas time. Simply read one chapter of Luke per day for 24 days starting on December 1st. Then when Christmas comes you have read about the Life of Christ! #bgbg2 #Luke #GospelofLuke 24 Day Gospel of… Read more »
- It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really MeansXmas! It's Merry Christmas! But do you really know what is meant by using the Term Merry XMas? Maybe even what the letter X is in Greek or even what the labarum or Chi-Rho is? #Christmas #Xmas #XP #XT #labarum, #ChiRho It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really Means… Read more »
- Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game ShowSteve Sews Stuff Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show - these sewing items are in a stack and players take turns pulling them without having the stack fall. #thefinalstraw #sewing Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn QuiltSteve Sews Stuff I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt #barnquilt This barn quilt is exactly at mile marker 54 on Interstate 81 South in Tennessee. This is in the Jonesborough, Falls Branch, Kingsport area. I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner