Patrick Marsh, Designer of Popular Ark Encounter and Creation Museum Passes Away #ArkEncounter #PatrickMarsh #CreationMuseum
Designer of Popular Ark Encounter and Creation Museum Passes Away
The creative genius behind the buildings and exhibits enjoyed by millions at the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter, Patrick Marsh, passed away Thursday afternoon at age 77. A world-renowned art director, Marsh’s previous designs included the popular Jaws and King Kong attractions at Universal Studios in Florida.
At the time of his death, he was the Vice President of Attractions Design for Answers in Genesis, the organization responsible for building and operating the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum in N. Kentucky. Marsh, who joined AiG in 2001, largely designed these international destinations.
For more than 50 years, Marsh’s skills and expertise redefined quality and craftsmanship in projects such as the coordination of 50 designers for the grounds of the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles and the dramatic unveiling of the refurbished Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor in 1986. In 2019, a USA Today readers’ poll picked the Ark Encounter and CreationMuseum as America’s top two faith-based attractions, another credit to his world-class work.
Ken Ham, AiG founder and CEO, declared: “Patrick’s fingerprints are all over the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter. I have never worked with a more creative person. Calling him a ‘genius’ is not an overstatement. I will miss him dearly, not only as a colleague but as a friend.”
For twenty years, Marsh took Ham’s ideas and, with remarkable creativity, made them into three-dimensional reality. At his death, Marsh was overseeing the total redesign of the museum’s large Palm Plaza section, which will include a stunning pro-life exhibit Fearfully and Wonderfully Made.
The fruits of Marsh’s work will be seen by millions of guests over the coming years as these additions are built at both sites.
In recent years, Marsh and Ham had also been collaborating on additional phases for both the Ark Encounter and CreationMuseum, with renderings already drawn. The fruits of Marsh’s work will be seen by millions of guests over the coming years as these additions are built at both sites.
Marsh earned his bachelor’s degree in industrial design and his master’s degree in environmental design from the University of California, Los Angeles. Before joining AiG to design the Creation Museum and later the Ark Encounter, Marsh was the director of design for Dream Makers in Japan. There, he was responsible for the total concept design of various theme parks in Asia, including scriptwriting, art direction, scenic design and architectural design.
Ham noted: “At AiG, Patrick was able to attract, build, and mentor a phenomenal team of talented younger-generation designers and artists. Although Patrick can never be replaced, the team that was built under his leadership is ready to carry on his legacy.”
Marsh leaves behind his wife, Sakae, whom he met and married in Japan, and the entire staff of AiG—particularly his grieving team of designers and artists who looked up to and leaned upon this remarkably gifted man.
Funeral services are pending.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- The Hidden Meaning of the 12 Days of Christmas (Free Printable)
- 24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge - This Bible reading challenge is great for Christmas time. Simply read one chapter of Luke per day for 24 days starting on December 1st. Then when Christmas comes you have read about the Life of Christ! #bgbg2 #Luke #GospelofLuke 24 Day Gospel of… Read more »
- It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really MeansXmas! It's Merry Christmas! But do you really know what is meant by using the Term Merry XMas? Maybe even what the letter X is in Greek or even what the labarum or Chi-Rho is? #Christmas #Xmas #XP #XT #labarum, #ChiRho It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really Means… Read more »
- Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game ShowSteve Sews Stuff Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show - these sewing items are in a stack and players take turns pulling them without having the stack fall. #thefinalstraw #sewing Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn QuiltSteve Sews Stuff I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt #barnquilt This barn quilt is exactly at mile marker 54 on Interstate 81 South in Tennessee. This is in the Jonesborough, Falls Branch, Kingsport area. I-81 Mile Marker 54 Barn Quilt appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner