Patrick Marsh, Designer of Popular Ark Encounter and Creation Museum Passes Away #ArkEncounter #PatrickMarsh #CreationMuseum
Designer of Popular Ark Encounter and Creation Museum Passes Away
The creative genius behind the buildings and exhibits enjoyed by millions at the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter, Patrick Marsh, passed away Thursday afternoon at age 77. A world-renowned art director, Marsh’s previous designs included the popular Jaws and King Kong attractions at Universal Studios in Florida.
At the time of his death, he was the Vice President of Attractions Design for Answers in Genesis, the organization responsible for building and operating the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum in N. Kentucky. Marsh, who joined AiG in 2001, largely designed these international destinations.
For more than 50 years, Marsh’s skills and expertise redefined quality and craftsmanship in projects such as the coordination of 50 designers for the grounds of the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles and the dramatic unveiling of the refurbished Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor in 1986. In 2019, a USA Today readers’ poll picked the Ark Encounter and CreationMuseum as America’s top two faith-based attractions, another credit to his world-class work.
Ken Ham, AiG founder and CEO, declared: “Patrick’s fingerprints are all over the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter. I have never worked with a more creative person. Calling him a ‘genius’ is not an overstatement. I will miss him dearly, not only as a colleague but as a friend.”
For twenty years, Marsh took Ham’s ideas and, with remarkable creativity, made them into three-dimensional reality. At his death, Marsh was overseeing the total redesign of the museum’s large Palm Plaza section, which will include a stunning pro-life exhibit Fearfully and Wonderfully Made.
The fruits of Marsh’s work will be seen by millions of guests over the coming years as these additions are built at both sites.
In recent years, Marsh and Ham had also been collaborating on additional phases for both the Ark Encounter and CreationMuseum, with renderings already drawn. The fruits of Marsh’s work will be seen by millions of guests over the coming years as these additions are built at both sites.
Marsh earned his bachelor’s degree in industrial design and his master’s degree in environmental design from the University of California, Los Angeles. Before joining AiG to design the Creation Museum and later the Ark Encounter, Marsh was the director of design for Dream Makers in Japan. There, he was responsible for the total concept design of various theme parks in Asia, including scriptwriting, art direction, scenic design and architectural design.
Ham noted: “At AiG, Patrick was able to attract, build, and mentor a phenomenal team of talented younger-generation designers and artists. Although Patrick can never be replaced, the team that was built under his leadership is ready to carry on his legacy.”
Marsh leaves behind his wife, Sakae, whom he met and married in Japan, and the entire staff of AiG—particularly his grieving team of designers and artists who looked up to and leaned upon this remarkably gifted man.
Funeral services are pending.
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Do not change God’s message church signDo not change God’s message church sign - This church sign from Tusculum Baptist Church in Tusculum, TN. Do not change God’s message church sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Do not change God’s message church sign ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of… Read more »
- Piedmont General Store Barn QuiltSteve Sews Stuff Piedmont General Store Barn Quilt - this barn quilt is in the Piedmont Community of Dandridge, TN and features Overall Bill on the quilt block. #OverallBill #BarnQuilt #PiedmontGeneralStore Piedmont General Store Barn Quilt appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison SumacPoison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac #PoisonIvy #PoisonOak #PoisonSumac Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
- Happy Father’s DayHappy Father's Day! I share about the brief history of this day. I even share some much read Father related blog post. #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #Father #Dad #Daddy Happy Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Father’s Day ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Aluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes coolaluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes cool. When the temperatures rise method can help keep your home cooler. #aluminumfoil #blackoutwindows Aluminum foil can be used over windows to help keep homes cool appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Aluminum foil… Read more »
- Dad sayingsDad sayings - when certain situations arise … here are some common sayings that dads say. Dadisms #dadisms #dadsayings #dad Dad sayings appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Dad sayings ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father. Courageous Christian Father - A… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner