Bible Gateway Bible verse of the year for 2021 which includes searching for sorcery. #bgbg2
Bible Gateway Bible verse of the year for 2021
With nearly 3 million searches per day—more than 2,000 per minute around the clock—being generated by tens of millions of people in more than 200 countries and territories in the last 12 months, search trends on Bible Gateway offer an impression of how people engaged with the Bible in 2021 on the world’s most-visited Christian website.
The topics people search the Bible for on Bible Gateway are always interesting but this year may be the most intriguing. Searching Scripture using the words “sorceries” and “sorcery”increased from 2020 by 193%, followed by “slow to anger, abounding in love” by 169%, and “in my father’s house are many rooms” by 140%. Other search terms decreased from last year, such as “pestilence,” “plague”, and “disease” by 71%, “you have not because you ask not” by 70%, and “in this world you will have trouble” by 62%.
The increase in sorceries is related to heightened interest in the Greek word pharmakeia which, according to the Mounce Concise Greek-English Dictionary of the New Testament means “employment of drugs for any purpose; sorcery, magic, enchantment” as used in Galatians 5:20
The overall most-popular Bible verse searched for, read, and shared on Bible Gateway in 2021 was John 3:16, followed by Jeremiah 29:11, as they both have been for at least every year of the last decade. And the top two most-popular keyword searches in 2021—as they’ve been year after year—were loveand peace.
However, some changes to the top 10 Bible verses include Romans 12:2, rising to the #5 position this year from #16 last year; Philippians 4:6 at #7 from #11; Philippians 4:13 at #9from #12; and Isaiah 41:10 at #10 from #13. The most dramatic increase is for Luke 10:18 (“He replied, ‘I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.’”) rising 2,695 positions to rank 84th in 2021.
While sorcery—listed by the apostle Paul as one of the “works of the flesh” in Galatians 5:20—may have been an exceptionally popular Bible search term in 2021, it’s important to remember Paul’s instruction also in that chapter that’s summed up in the #27 most popular verse this year (up from #44 last year): Galatians 5:22 — “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.”
Check out Bible Gateway’s Previous Veres of the year!
by clicking on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe To Courageous Christian Father!
Don’t miss any blog posts! Subscribe today! You can subscribe via WordPress or by entering your email! Thank you!Follow Courageous Christian Father on WordPress.com
Don’t forget to also share blog posts you love on your favorite social media too! Thank you! Sharing is caring!
Follow on Social Media
- Pocket Tissue Holders Make Great Stocking Stuffers
- Scrooge, An Example of a New Creation
- The Hidden Meaning of the 12 Days of Christmas (Free Printable)
- 24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge24 Day Gospel of Luke Challenge - This Bible reading challenge is great for Christmas time. Simply read one chapter of Luke per day for 24 days starting on December 1st. Then when Christmas comes you have read about the Life of Christ! #bgbg2 #Luke #GospelofLuke 24 Day Gospel of… Read more »
- It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really MeansXmas! It's Merry Christmas! But do you really know what is meant by using the Term Merry XMas? Maybe even what the letter X is in Greek or even what the labarum or Chi-Rho is? #Christmas #Xmas #XP #XT #labarum, #ChiRho It’s Merry Christmas! Find Out What Xmas Really Means… Read more »
Thank You For Reading!
- About Steve Patterson
- Blog Awards Won
- Follow Courageous Christian Father
- Guest Bloggers
- I see you made a comment! Thank you!
- Linking & Sharing
- Media Kit
- PR Friendly
- Raptured Blog Post
- Submit Christian News
- The Testimonial of Steve Patterson, blog owner